It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by zippy1958

it is NOT all about sex.
I have NEVER met a GAY virgin.

And your point is???

Oh, never mind.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
reply to post by Maslo

Your not gay until you do the act of gayism...

Like participate in gay sex.

Sounds like the kind of thing a little league coach would tell his "special little player" after some "friendly tickling" to reassure him that that wasn't gay, no matter how excited either of you got.

Am I close because what you said seems not based in reality at all so I have to guess.

link   
reply to post by thecinic

I don't think so. I've heard of heterosexual and homosexual couples who are celibate yet are attracted to one another. It is something purely based around love. Sex isn't necessarily love. So what makes someone gay really is their sexual attraction and desire to somebody of the same-sex. And I don't mean sexual attraction in terms of intercourse, it just means that the woman likes other women.

link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Being Gay IS a choice, Reason I know this is because you have the "CHOICE" not to be!!
Just like being hedro is a choice...However, When it comes to "LOVE" you have no choice

edit on 24-12-2010 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)

Are you saying that you feel sexual arousal for both men and women but CHOOSE only to act on that arousal with one of those genders? As pretty as Natalie Portman is, I cannot CHOOSE to be excited by another woman. Where I come from, we call people like you bisexual.

LOL that's exactly what I am saying, However you are blurring SEX, LOVE ,LUST,... you must "KNOW" the person whom you have sex with. In other words love the person. The ultimate gift gift of love is being able to create a new life.

In your opinion. I think the greatest gift is loving someone and being loved back, not necessarily being a baby factory.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

A man can be attracted to another man
that does not make you gay
what makes you gay is acting on that attraction..

Thats not true. What makes you gay is the attraction.

Gay refers primarily to homosexuality, a sexual attraction toward members of the same sex.

en.wikipedia.org...(disambiguation)

sexually attracted to someone who is the same sex

www.learnersdictionary.com...[1]

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

Originally posted by Xavialune
Being gay isn't a choice.

Being gay isn't a choice...

by the way, did I mention being gay isn't a choice?

Being Gay IS a choice, Reason I know this is because you have the "CHOICE" not to be!!
Just like being hedro is a choice...However, When it comes to "LOVE" you have no choice

So love is the non-choice factor?

I can go with that, because it means:

So if you are man who loves another man, then you have no choice but to be gay. Or a woman who is

inlove with another woman, has no choice but to be a lesbian.

Correct, I can love a man and I can love a woman, (BROTHERLY OR SISTERLY) However, when I cross that line (SEX)It becomes a MAN/ WOMAN issue (feminine/masculine) issue. One is playing a womans role and one is playing a male role, which is a perversion.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Just because a man is attracted to another man does not make him gay.

He is only gay when he acts upon that attraction....

IE. gay sex
edit on 24-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

LMAO!

I was right about the coach then eh?
So you find yourself attracted to other men but justify it by telling yourself it does not make you gay unless you act on it. That is REALLY messed up right there. I have never been sexually attracted to another female in my life. Not once, not ever. It is not something I have made a point, it just has not happened is all.

I usually suspect that the guys who sit around claiming being gay is a choice are secretly attracted to other men and cannot figure out how to deal with it. Thanks for taking the "secret" out of it.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Lol yeah, some of us would rather NOT have that gift of a kid. I would not want to bring kids up in this messed up world. Maybe if I become super rich, and can buy my own island, and make my own little civilization lol.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zippy1958

it is NOT all about sex.

And your point is???

Oh, never mind.

My point being is that, Your not "GAY" until you crossed that line. (SEX).

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

The ultimate gift gift of love is being able to create a new life.

So if I were to tell you that an illness when I was young has left me unable to procreate, you would tell me that I will never know true love? Should anyone not able to reproduce just give up and end it then?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Of course, if you cannot procreate, over and over, and then endoctine more little slaves to the church, you are an obamanation!

link   

Are you saying that you feel sexual arousal for both men and women but CHOOSE only to act on that arousal with one of those genders? As pretty as Natalie Portman is, I cannot CHOOSE to be excited by another woman. Where I come from, we call people like you bisexual.

LOL that's exactly what I am saying, However you are blurring SEX, LOVE ,LUST,... you must "KNOW" the person whom you have sex with. In other words love the person. The ultimate gift gift of love is being able to create a new life.

In your opinion. I think the greatest gift is loving someone and being loved back, not necessarily being a baby factory.
Is this not selfishness in its rarest form?

link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Of course there can be a gay virgin. A virgin that is attracted to same sex is a gay virgin.

My point being is that, Your not "GAY" until you crossed that line. (SEX).

According to official definition of the word, you are.

link   

reply to post by Maslo

A man can be attracted to another man
that does not make you gay
what makes you gay is acting on that attraction..

Next time you are hanging out with "the guys" take a poll and see how many of your macho male friends agree with you. See how many never call you again. See how many call you MORE. Let us know how it all goes down when you announce being gay is wrong and a choice and you are attracted to other men.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

So you aren't heterosexual until you've had sex? Were you bisexual or something before you lost your virginity?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zippy1958

it is NOT all about sex.

And your point is???

Oh, never mind.

Obviously the point is gay virgins do not exist, only straight ones..because that makes sense?
On that note, I have never met a juggler or an astronaut. These things do not exist if we have not met them, thus proving a larger point about some vague generalization we can only back up by limited personal experience. Its so simple

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xavialune
Being gay isn't a choice.

Being gay isn't a choice...

by the way, did I mention being gay isn't a choice?

So love is the non-choice factor?

I can go with that, because it means:

So if you are man who loves another man, then you have no choice but to be gay. Or a woman who is

inlove with another woman, has no choice but to be a lesbian.

Correct, I can love a man and I can love a woman, (BROTHERLY OR SISTERLY) However, when I cross that line (SEX)It becomes a MAN/ WOMAN issue (feminine/masculine) issue. One is playing a womans role and one is playing a male role, which is a perversion.

Perversion is about the next dumbest thing mankind ever invented short that freak phrase "blasphemy"

I am speaking of being in-love, not brotherly or sisterly love. I am talking about "I will die without you in my arms" love. I am talking about the kind of feeling that would make you walk through hell just to touch your love again.

If God thought glbt was so evil, why did he or she give us such a capacity for love?

Any two people feeling that way about each other has to be a triumph in God's eyes, not a perversion. It isn't God that labels things, it's the men who supposedly represent God that do and have throughout the centuries.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

So if I were to tell you that an illness when I was young has left me unable to procreate, you would tell me that I will never know true love? Should anyone not able to reproduce just give up and end it then?

Thats not what I said. Let me ask you a question. In the same situation above, would your preference change your situation? Your question is like a double negative

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
As long as my buddy isn't asking for me to give him a hand
i don't care what his preference is

what if a man was born attracted to horses?

Why can't that man not have sex with horses>?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Yes, I guess we who are in that boat are committing sin when we have sex, knowing we cannot procreate, and yet simply enjoy it as an intimate moment with someone we love.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join