It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

No, just women. I think if you read the post I said that had some confusion as a kid due to sexual abuse. So, stick to the facts.
Seeashrink

link   

Oops, dual post
Seeashrink

edit on 23-12-2010 by seeashrink because: dual post

link   
reply to post by gps777

Have a look at Aidank's post below yours. It was directed as Aussies but only one! What a racist comment OP!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink

No, just women. I think if you read the post I said that had some confusion as a kid due to sexual abuse. So, stick to the facts.
Seeashrink

I think if you read your post, you will find that you also said that homosexuality is a choice.
Now you are saying you never made that choice?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Where the hell did I make a racist comment???

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Again, this is ATS. It's what happens in threads.
Seeashrink

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Originally posted by seeashrink

Seeashrink

I think if you read your post, you will find that you also said that homosexuality is a choice.
Now you are saying you never made that choice?

Yes, I said that homosexuality is a choice. I said I had some confusion. I'll be glad to have a discussion with you but I will not entertain your attempts to turn my words around. Stick to the facts or be ignored. Simple.
Seeashrink

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I have never had a gay friend...all my friends have been mostly normal people.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

The word "Skippy"! Someone of Australian origin has owned saying his comments are what you are referring to!. You need to do some research as to how certain groups in Australia use that word as a derogatory racial term toward Australians of british/irish origin!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

WOW! Hateful much???

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Dude, I am an American, and I said in a later post that I did not know that it was something used in Aussie slang. And to be quite frank, it WAS meant to be a sarcastic slam of the id10ts who exhibit the behavior mentioned in the OP. Either way, it was NOT a racist remark. As you all love to tell us Yanks, the world does not revolve around Oz either!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

You don't sound very apologetic about it! Maybe you should have made a genuine apology & put it down to not understanding each others culture & we would have all accepted it & moved on as it was a misunderstanding. Your post reflects you are not sorry at all. Since when have I called any American a "Yank"? I regard the Americans as our Allies & would never make such a remark!
edit on 23-12-2010 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I have very few friends, and a few more acquaintances.

If I respect and trust someone I consider them a friend. That's it...........period.

Whether it be religion, sexual preferences, colour, or any of that other malarky matters not one whit and it shouldn't.

Haven't met a reptilian,alien,starchild, indigochild, or "the one" yet that meets those criteria yet though, but many on ATS have.

p.s. are you trying to get these threads in before the new year and your resolution???

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
So wait, let me get this right....

I have friends and/or family that spoil the heck out their kids, turning them into little monsters. I disagree with it, and I'll NEVER watch their kids for them, and can only take their children in small doses....but I still consider them friends.

I have friends that drive like raving lunatics on their motorcycles. I disagree with it. I think it's irresponsible.....but I still consider them friends.

I have friends that are about liberal as one can get. Can't talk politics with them, and I don't want to....but I still consider them friends.

I have friends that are about as conservative as one can get. Can't talk politics with them either, and I don't want to...but I still consider them friends.

I have friends of every religious faith you can imagine, even though I have no intentions to convert to any of them. Some things I agree with, others I don't...but I consider them friends.

I can hate the stench of war and still be an honorable veteran and love my troops and my country. It's OK to stand up and fight for something you believe in. I have friends that are anti-military, yet somehow we manage to be friends. That says a lot about both of us.

And finally, I have friends that are gay and lesbian....it's their life, not mine. I have no intentions of airing my "opinions" to them, and frankly, my opinions are nobody's business. I don't have to like or agree with homosexuality in order to find commonality and a reason to love them beyond what they choose to do with their bodies.

Your assertion is that we cannot possibly be a friend to someone without supporting them all the way, and I disagree, for the all reasons (and more) that I outlined above. As a straight person, I'm tired of the "all or nothing" mentality from angry gays everywhere, as if it's an ultimatum. Stop telling me what I feel or don't feel, or what I should or should not feel.

People need to understand that there's a paradox that will never be reconciled.....that of major religions all over the world, and the idea that a sexual preference can be ranked up there with other minority groups, worthy of their own rights. It's not a country. It's not a skin color. It's not a gender. It's a sexual behavior, that has, for all intents and purposes been linked overwhelmingly to emotional traumas, learned behaviors, or something the mother experienced while her baby was still in the womb. The religious majority will NEVER agree with homosexuals that it is natural and not a "choice", or least something that can't be cured in some way, and you cannot force them to come to your side of the table by calling them names, accusing them of prejudice, bigotry, and anything other number of derogatory terms I hear and see often. They also have a right to their belief systems - let's not forget that rights go both ways. So the fact that they are as tolerant as they have been, speaks a lot for them, considering that everything about homosexuality goes against the creative laws of God. Homosexuality is anti-creation, by it's very nature.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I am of the belief that it is entirely possible to have friends...not just aquaintences but real actual friends....and not necessarily agree with everything the person does or believes in.

I have a wide assortment of people who I call friend who are as vastly different from one another as can be. Some are devout Christians, some are one percent bikers, some are hardcore drug users, some are yuppies, some are law enforcement officers and some are homosexuals.

Just because I may disagree with one's lifestyle of choice doesn't mean I look down on them or condemn them as a person. I believe in equal rights for all under the same law. I believe that you aren't someone's true friend if you cant look at them as a person and not as "one of them".

Am I gay? Not at all. Do I think it is wrong to be gay? I could care less...that is not for me to decide. It is none of my business. Do I think any less of someone because they live a life that is different from my own? No, and that's where the hypocrisy comes in. I dont treat anyone different because of who they are or coddle them or change who I am to accomadate them.

You can tell real people and good people from how they present themselves and how they treat others. If someone is my friend then I will give them my last dollar and the shirt off my back, black, gay, muslim, whatever. And you can disagree with some of the things a person does while still loving that person.

Im sure many of my friends and family disagree with the things I choose to do in my life, but I would hope that they would still show me love and have my back if I needed it.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Hello Jaxon,

I had a gay friend once,but...

He passed away from AIDS related issues

We hung out together,went to some events together,even painted a house together.

I miss him still...:/

As far as "rights" are concerned,I wouldn't know about that,
Others are free to do as they wish,It is not my place to judge
what others do,only my own heart

Merry Christmas Jaxon

Violet.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

I used to feel somewhat like you did until I came to an understanding of why people are gay and then it all made sense. It actually is quite natural and part of the journey of the human soul. We go through many lifetimes as both male and female in our progression to higher planes and Gay people are those who were the opposite sex in thier previous life to the current one. So if one was female in thier immediate previous life and several lifetimes before that they may have trouble adjusting to the new male polarity in thier most recent life, hence you have people feeling like they are a woman trapped in a man's body and vice versa or just a strong attraction to the same sex. It may take them a lifetime to adjust and they will not show it till their next life as a male.

In earlier times it has been taught that they should focus on adjusting to thier new polarity but religion of course turned it into a terrible crime or sin. When people have sex with the same sex so both are the same polarization it can throw thier energies out of balance, this is why gays are often very unhappy and not just because of societal perceptions. So those who are gay should try to learn to accept thier male or female polarization as your soul has sent you into this body for your progress.

However they are not to be condemned as abominations or discriminated against etc. and it is not an excuse to persecute them in any way shape or form. It is thier choice and as I said it may take them a lifetime so live and let live and stop condemning gays they are part of the human family as much as you are and not some monsters. And you were probably gay in a few lifetimes your self when you switched polarities so get over it.

Inevitably some will say well I don't believe in reincarnation. To that I say it is not a matter of belief it is a matter of Scientific proof. See the Work of Dr Ian Stevenson: reluctant-messenger.com...

edit on 23-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
One of my family's best friends is a gay male. I could consider him a father figure, but I still personally have a hard time understanding the physics of homosexuality. I have nothing against people who choose that lifestyle, and I'm certainly not religious. I just put two and two together, males have a penis, women a vagina, sperm goes from the penis to the vagina, and reproduction occurs. The job of ALL species is to reproduce right? That DOES NOT mean I can't be friends with a homosexual, because if the friend of our family needed a kidney and I was a match I'd give it up in a heartbeat.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

No gays, just 'normal people'.

Can you hear yourself?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Dear BlackOps

"If someone is my friend then I will give them my last dollar and the shirt off my back, black, gay, muslim, whatever. And you can disagree with some of the things a person does while still loving that person. "

Well spoken Sir...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join