It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crusading in the name of Darwin

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

refute the video and the statements of our founding fathers then...

you are more than welcome to also try to prove their faith.

I believe part 6 pf that video series to be one of the most important, being this is what is taught in public school in social studies class.

And may I ask why you have not entered your location into your user profile yet ?

I know your voice well by now

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Why is it that you always demand others to demonstrate their points and refute yours, but then, when they DO refute yours, you ignore it or insult them? Are you the worst debater on the board, or are you deliberately pestering people?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I'm so confused by you Cosmic. Question...so you agree with anyone who believes in SOME god? But it doesn't have to be your same god? It doesn't have to be the god of the bible?

So like you get along with polytheists, pantheists, deists? Buddhism is fine even though they reject a personal god and the bible god? So you are fine as long as someone has SOME form of philosophy that is spiritual? Even if their god isn't the same as your god?

If not, then why do you have a problem with atheists only? Why don't you have a problem with all those other groups who aren't Christians? You do understand that atheists can have beliefs right, just like the Buddhists do, they can have philosophies and be spiritual. So what's the difference?

Don't you think in God's eyes it would look bad that you are on a forum spreading hate and lies, and calling people names?

Shouldn't a Christian's time be spent doing the opposite? Most of the atheists replying to you have conducted themselves in more of a "Christian" manner than you have yourself. You aren't doing your beliefs any favor here.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap

Why is it that you always demand others to demonstrate their points and refute yours, but then, when they DO refute yours, you ignore it or insult them? Are you the worst debater on the board, or are you deliberately pestering people?

I think he's deliberately doing it. Because he only responds to you if you post off topic, just to say you are off topic. Then when you reply on topic he ignores you, or replies to you by just telling another lie or making another false historical claim. Most everything he's posted as "facts" are entirely untrue or even the exact opposite of what he claims.

I think he's just confused, he's been reading too many of those religious sites that post inaccurate information to spread to people. He's serving his job for them well. Too bad he picked a place like ATS to try to sell something we aren't buying.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Also, Cosmic, you've upset me by ignoring a post I spent a lot of time copying to post for you. In your Einstein faith thread. I stayed up and copied word for word quotes, their citations, who the quotes were addressed to, the questions the quotes were in answer to, etc. I own the book so I copied it directly from the book. And you ignored that post.

Not fair, or very nice, to start a thread claiming something, and then to abandon it when someone tried to show proof in the other direction. You just keep making post after post that has lies within the first sentence of the post most times. It's very frustrating. Though if you keep it up long enough everyone will know how you ignore replies and evidence...not to mention logic.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

Yes I have seen this pattern with other posters put out a loaded topic and then refuse to debate the counter points
brought up and supply poor evidence to support their case. Its really annoying there is generally no development on the subject or its one way with most people bringing up numerous counterpoints.
meh
I think he is just proselytizing though I'm not even sure about what. Not being atheist? Trying to get people to believe in His version of Jesus and
the bible. Or trying to get people to believe in Yahweh, Allah, or Jesus at this point I can't tell. Granted there is an obvious agenda.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

Yeah that Einstein thread has been dead as a nail for some time. I had some of my own Einstein quotes that I thought would be addressed too.

Einstein faith thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 24-12-2010 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I see that you two also followed Cosmic here from other threads (that s/he abandoned when it became clear that they couldn't win). I came here from the other Darwinism thread - - the question that he began this thread with was something that he posted in that other thread. Oh, and I replied to it, as did others, but he ignored it and travelled here. I guess this is his M.O.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
reply to post by iterationzero

refute the video and the statements of our founding fathers then...

I don't need to because that would be quite off-topic. Or have you forgotten the topic of your own thread already, old man?

you are more than welcome to also try to prove their faith.

Again, I don't need to. It's not the topic of conversation for this thread.

I believe part 6 pf that video series to be one of the most important, being this is what is taught in public school in social studies class.

You mean the six part series from another thread? That was apparently so important you had to make a second thread about it when the argument in the first wasn't going your way? That was so important that you didn't bother posting it in the second thread you made? That six part series?

And may I ask why you have not entered your location into your user profile yet ?

Because I don't feel the need to. Or is that your thinly veiled way of asking if I'm British? Or Canadian? I'm neither, for the record. I assume that you'll take me response to mean that I'm not American, either. So feel free to post racist comments about how I must have a bone in my nose, like you did to another poster.

I know your voice well by now

Good. Because I've not only got your voice, but I've got your number, old man. Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie? Or are you gonna bite?

Seriously, troll, post a substantive response to any of my direct replies to your posts in any of your threads. You're now taking your own threads off-topic in an effort to not respond to direct criticism. At least try to be intellectually honest.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
so Hitlitarian so Graceful yet so Racial I just don't know what to make of it...

Yay, name-calling! Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

No, seriously, where is this alleged "Hitlitarian" posting and "Racial" material?

Darwin was a super-racist penned in his own word, I guess anyone following him has not been able to experience the fruits of other cultures such as I have living and growing up in America where we have Liberty and Justice for all.

I'm sorry, but you keep saying this and I keep posting requests for you to back up these claims about a great scientist. Unfortunately, you've provided not a single reference to Darwin actually being a racist. There isn't a single racist passage in any of Darwin's works.

Darwin was anti-slavery, anti-colonialism, anti-cultural superiority, anti-racism.That is something I've already demonstrated to you.

I have made so many friends from different cultures by not living my life with Racial views but instead showing love, respect and kindness along with interest for the other cultures which make up the whole of the Free America.

Um...same here. One of my best friends is Indian. I've been attacked by skinhead thugs for hanging out with people who aren't white.

Darwin surely must be the best looking cat in all of Creation, but what do you guys think of a contest between Darwin and Hitler, who would you think takes the cake ?

Wow, more flagrant idiocy. I'm sorry, but why are you even comparing the two? One was a brilliant scientist that helped shape the face of modern biology, the other was an ignorant racist dictator.

Oh wait, you're a bigot who doesn't understand such things as 'proving points' or 'using evidence'.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
In the words of the average net-geek: "This thread delivers
"

Let's all throw # at each other!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I believe these Atheists suffer from some form of delusion that the rest of us on the planet (95% of us) do understand and that if we bound together we may be able to give vision to these sad blind souls, who given time will eventually try to do harm in the name of Darwin.

To begin, I am not an Atheist, but I know a few of them, and we have had many talks. Deluded? No, most have been a part of a religion before, and have read the books associated with the religion, in this case the Bible. To me the real deluded ones are Christians and Muslims. Especially Christians, they worship a man that made into a Deity and are of the belief he is coming to "save" them from what awaits the rest of us. I am not sure if the Muslims has a savior or not, I don't think they do.

As for Darwin, all he really did is show that evolution is a real thing, animals and humans Evolve, whether religious types think so or not. I myself have evolved from what I was before, my spiritual level is much higher than it once was, and my knowledge has accumulated to a much higher degree. Everything evolves, and I think that is all Darwin was tying to say.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I too am not an atheist though I think they have some great points and are a good resource to deal with when dealing with a fundamentalist mindset. Christianity and Islam are both apocalyptic religions that look to an otherworld salvation and do a pretty terrible job at addressing the needs of the physical world. For example
"Why do we need to care about the environment god gave us dominion over the earth besides Jesus is coming back soon so its okay to destroy the environment." Being a fan of the natural world I find this idea appalling.
I could never except fundamentalist theology I would have to unlearn everything I know about science that I have been learning out of self interest since I was 8. Evolution simply makes sense in studying and observing the natural world it is not some esoteric mystery to me. it should be apparent to anybody that has a deep interest in the natural world. I would be hard pressed to accept salvation if it required me to relinquish my concepts about science and evolution. Christianity has many skeletons in its closet and is going to have to adapt to 21 century or it will probably decline.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

Verses like this are all the fuel that the Phelps of the world need to preach their doctrine

"...They shall fall by the sword:
their infants shall be dashed in
pieces, and their women with child
(pregnant) shall be ripped up!"
direct quote from YHWH -- Hosea 13:16

"Their children shall be dashed
to pieces before their eyes!
There houses spoiled, and their
wives raped...Dash the young men
to pieces...have no pity on the
fruit of the womb, the children
shall not be spared"
-- Isa 13:16-18

“Happy shall he be, that taketh
and dasheth thy little ones against
the stones.” --Psalms 137:9

Also verse like these are in a book that many people claim is moral and from a loving god. many apologetics will go to great lengths to defend and justify them instead of admitting that they are repugnant.
I don't like how during the middle ages the Church went to great length's to suppress science.
The trial of Galileo being one example. I feel in some ways atheist and scientist are speaking out more and more because for the last several hundred years they did not have that luxury with Judeo christianity being the prevalent religion.
I do not want to demonize all denominations of christianity there are some liberal denominations that do good work for the community and help the poor but I can't help being reminded of the fundies whenever I think of this religion.
Down here in the bible belt the fundies are a dime a dozen

edit on 25-12-2010 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

Well said, ELahrairah, good to make your acquaintance. On that note, I belong to a local forum, a town forum that is ripe with fundamentals who have never read the Bible but swear it is the genuine words of god himself, some even written by him, and Jesus this, and Jesus that, and you are a Satanist if you are not like us. It is a very cult like society in the town where I live. The local library is run by Christians, nearly 3/4 of the books have a cross on the cover. Ask them about books on other religious subjects, you are told there is no "Devils books" allowed here. I am here to teach that which I know, and do so at every opportunity, and of course I do this in that forum. I am called "stupid," devil worshiper," that I am "wasting space posting nonsense." These people are so mind controlled and brainwashed they will not wake up until the very end of time. I think that is the plan too, to keep people complacent. Keep them afraid, afraid of the Devil, or going to Hell, and yes, afraid of God too. Afraid of everything. Chained and imprisoned, and do not even see it the bars that surround them.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I just want to say to all, that Cosmic Artifact asked for a serious "topic" discussion at the bottom of page one. You all know a cat cornered by by a number of what usuallly chases a cat up in a corner, he has to become defensive. Each reply can lead to this and I am not blaming anyone but we all need to work to keep it civil. I like to debate if it don't get out of hand. When there is many against one hold off a bit for respect.

Thanks for considering.

Truthiron

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Since my requests for proof of crusades in the name of Darwin have fallen upon deaf ears yet again

reply to post by truthiron

If this was meant to be a serious discussion the OP would have contained more than needless, baseless, historically, ethically, and morally vacant bigotry. There would have been some sort of evidence instead of more needless atheist bashing.

This thread has been a repetition of the same old bigoted anti-atheist talking points that have existed for half a century. There has been not a single shred of supporting evidence, there has not been a single logical and rational explanation for a single claim made by the OP, there has just been the simple assertion. It seems that Cosmic.Artifact would like us to take all of his claims as self-evident. Unfortunately, none of them are and all calls for evidence, justification, or any sort of logical discourse have fallen upon deaf ears.

Now, if you'd like to talk about respect, take it up with someone who isn't throwing out bigoted accusations without evidence, justification, or logical thought.

I have kept this civil, even if I've called a spade a spade and a bigot a bigot. I have seen no need to not call someone who throws out baseless claims at a group which makes up 8-10% of the global population based upon archaic stereotypes and pure ignorance as anything else.

I agree that this thread needs to be kept civil, but the civility needs to come from both sides. When a thread starts off without a modicum of civility it is inevitable that it won't get any better.

To Cosmic.Artifact:

Would you kindly provide some sort of justification for your claims? I'd like to see some evidence of crusades in the name of Darwin, the racism of Darwin, or any other negative claim against Darwin or his academic works.

I hope this isn't too much trouble for you.

Thank you,
madness

Civil enough?
edit on 25/12/10 by madnessinmysoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

madnessinmysoul,

Well I am not blaming anyone and when it appears one don't answer a question to our satisfaction we just must realize they don't have one. It may be for him but not for us. You are not able it answer all questions to others satisfaction and it is not expected. I can not either and am not disappointed. It gets to be a major task though when many are coming at you to come up with an answer that would satisfy them or stymie an answer. I know you've had that experience.

We must not go after a person to break them to the point of bowing at our feet in submission.

For me I never read of Darwin and had no interest so I made no comments.

MIMS I do find you do well at being civil. It's appreciated.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

So it can be closed even though you've provided no response to my repeated requests to back up a single one of your claims with even the tiniest shred of evidence?

It can be closed when your base bigotry has been exposed?

So...you give up?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

It can be closed because he gave you an internet black eye by trolling you, hard. He has achieved his goal; bother people who disagree with him because it makes him feel big.

Point and case; he posted a Mr. T graphic with an MSPaint word bubble. That hasn't been funny or relevant since the internet was in the primitive era of 1999.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join