It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salmonella outbreak sickens 89 people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Salmonella outbreak sickens 89 people

news.blogs.cnn.com

A salmonella outbreak linked to alfalfa sprouts has sickened 89 people in 15 states and the District of Columbia, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported Thursday.

Federal officials announced today they are collaborating on an investigation into a multistate Salmonella serotype I 4,[5],12:i:- outbreak, possibly linked to sprouts served on sandwiches at Jimmy Johns restaurants, that have sickened 89 people in 15 states and the District of Columbia.

The first cases surfaced in Illinois, where state officials announced last week that they were investigating illnesses invo
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cidrap.umn.edu

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Seems like this week has been a very busy one, at least thats what I was thinking.

More regulations are coming, I can hear it already.

Looking for more info, I want to know what states has the most cases out of 89 etc...

So it seems that the sprouts were being served at Jimmy Johns restaurants, which is fine. Find the source and deal with the problem. My main concern now is what new regulation is going to come into effect because of this?

CIDRAP

The first cases surfaced in Illinois, where state officials announced last week that they were investigating illnesses involving the same outbreak strain in people from 11 of the state's counties, plus one patient from Wisconsin. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said today that 50 of the patients are from Illinois. Other cases are from Missouri (14), Indiana (9), Wisconsin (3), and Pennsylvania (2). Locations with one case so far include Connecticut, the District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Massachusetts, New York, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia. Illness onsets, available for 81 of the patients, range from Nov 1 through Dec 14. The median age is 28, and 69% of the cases are in females. About 23% of the patients were hospitalized, and no deaths have been reported.

In the title of the article it said Jimmy John but the actual article doesnt mention a particular chain:

The CDC said preliminary findings from interviews with sick patients suggest a link to eating sprouts at a national sandwich chain. It said federal, state, and local public health departments are continuing surveillance for new cases and are tracing potentially contaminated products.

edit on 23-12-2010 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
How much more obvious can this get? I mean, seriously? It is almost like they don't care if you put the pieces together anymore.

First, it's the Food Bill, then it is terrorist salad bar attacks, now this.

I suppose for all the nay sayers and conspiratists, they needed *something* to bolster it.

Sad day.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Heh, a buddy of mine works at JJ's.. I will have to relay this onto him. I am sure it is Al Quaeda trying to get the terrorism going "freaky fast".
edit on 12-23-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

EVERYTHING is in our faces plain sight!
It is very sad.
We have no choices in anything yet we dont do anything about it either, just complain
The masses will continue to be asses

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

Of course it is in the news, The food Safety Farce just passed and a lot of people (like me ) are screaming bloody murder.

What really frosts my tail about this is I and my friends have gone through not one but two cases of massive food poisoning one back in the eighties the other in the nineties. I almost died and I still have problems from that bout with food poisoning. What did the Authorities do???

NOTHING!

There used to be a chart (CDC) on the internet that showed the increase in food borne illness spiked in 1996. This was just after the 1995 ratification of the World Trade Organization Agreement on Ag opened US borders to foreign food and no longer required testing or quarantine. In addition the 1996 HACCP regs went in force allowing corporations to self-regulate without any real government inspection or testing. We had NAFTA free trade go into effect too at that time.

Of course the puppet government's response is to clamp down on farmers so they will end up getting the lawsuits and jail time for the poor food processing practices of the corporations.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Also a Salmonella outbreak on certain eggs over here too
Isn't life great?

new topics

top topics

join