It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory: Liberal stupidy has alot to do with calories

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
We all know people's thoughts come from our brain, our neurotransmitter's is what make our brain work. Well firing off neurotransmitters when your not eating healthy I think is a bad idea. Why? Because when your not eating healthy you feel sluggish, and your brain can't perfom at it's best, you have no peak.
How can you possibly be thinking clearly , be alert , and perform at your best?

Your body uses 79 percent of the energy (calories) you consume each day to run its organs and systems: your heart, your lungs, your digestive tract, and last, but definitely not least, your brain.

Your body runs on glucose, the product of metabolism. The foods most easily metabolized to glucose are carbohydrate foods, the plant foods such as fruits, veggies, and grains. Fat foods are second choice, a less efficient but still useful source of glucose. Under normal circumstances, there is no third choice. Except in emergencies, you use protein foods only to build and repair body tissues, not as a source of energy.

You can store carbohydrates as glycogen, which is easy to change to glucose. You can store fat as, well, fat. When it's crunch time you're stuck on an ice floe in the Arctic with no supply ship in site the fat breaks down into fatty acids from which your body extracts small amounts of glycerol (a fatty substance), which yields little bits of glucose. Therefore, if you miss a couple of meals, you can get by for a day or so on your carb and fat reserves.
www.dummies.com...

We live in a fast food nation, always looking for a quick fix, easy to make meals, which usually ends up being boxed foods or canned foods. People like the taste of salt in their foods, why would they choose fruit and veggies over fries and a burger?

Our founding fathers didn't have mcdonald's kfc, wendy's back then, they relied heavily on fruits vegetables and meats. And they were brilliant men, today however my opinions of today's politicians are different.
Same goes for many Americans out there.

I'd like someone to do a research project on how many fat people side with john kerry. I'd also like to know why they choose him, I bet the answers are very silly, immature, and shallow. I could go on with that.
While I don't like bush either he belongs to a party that has a good cause and actually goes out and fights for it. There is more logical reasoning behind the gop then there is on the liberal side.

So I detest that many American's that side with Kerry are going over their caloric intake and thus making them mush brains.

edit:grammar

[edit on 6-7-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
You know, I think this idiotic post proves that your theory is wrong already....

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
You know, I think this idiotic post proves that your theory is wrong already....

And your signatures totally contradict your above comment, I rest my case.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hahahhah ! Interesting theory! I seem to fall through the cracks- I eat very unhealthily and Im not voting for Kerry!

My reason is quite silly though..........Im not old enough!

The hwole summer Ive been thinking "WHo cares, its summer!" and have been eating very unhealthy foods. In the process, obviously gaining weight. In th emeantime, I havent been writing as much as normal and have been stuck in an extreme case of writers block/overall stupidity and unrealization of life. Maybe the foods are to blame! I was going to use the "Im taking a mind break over the summer" excuse, but now I know whats going down and Im ready to fix it.

Im not sure if it accounts for liberals, but hey, it helped me out somehow!

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
TL , I enjoy your posts , and the heat they stir up , but this is just silly .....

And it's not FAT people anymore , it's gravitationally challenged .

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

Uh right. My signatures.....whatever you say buddy. A quote from Sealab 2021 and one of my own. I suppose "Proud to be an American" shows your intellectual prowess eh?

So what's your point anyway? Liberals are stupid and fat? Great. Take a trip to Walmart in the south, that might change your mind.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
As soon as I saw the title of this thread, my heart sank...

So I detest that many American's that side with Kerry are going over their caloric intake and thus making them mush brains.

You detest it? That seems like a strange thing to say. Perhaps you meant that you contest it? Or declaim it? Or maybe just think it? And while we're at it, "thus making them"? Surely "making themselves mush-brains"? You really do need that hyphen, you know, unless you intended for "mush" to be a verb rather than an adjective...

And that's after an edit for grammer. Wow, TrueLies, I think you just sank your own argument.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Uh right. My signatures.....whatever you say buddy. A quote from Sealab 2021 and one of my own. I suppose "Proud to be an American" shows your intellectual prowess eh?

So what's your point anyway? Liberals are stupid and fat? Great. Take a trip to Walmart in the south, that might change your mind.

No no silly, it's only half of what i'm saying... Insulting liberals in this post is a cheap shot at them because I enjoy doing it, there are so many flaws in their issue's so I enjoy the odd jab.

As for your signatures well there are two and what you said in you comment to me was a total contradiction.

And walmart? Where the hell did you get that from? Many smart shopper's and millionaires shop there, also welfare bums too.

You could look at this as a negative post or you could look at it as TrueLies just trying to help you liberals make a valid excuse for your stupidity..
Hey you could take it and run with it since there is no other logical explanation for some of the crap you guys come up with, other then your intellectually challenged from birth or brainwashing.
Merely a theory conjured up while I was trying to find some info on how to use caliper's.

As I was reading what you eat affects your brain, i thought hey, maybe this is why liberals are intellectually stunted! Going over their caloric intake gives them mushy brain syndrome which results in many a brain farts.
It describes what happens to the brain when you don't eat healthy and I thought it totally fit into the liberal so called intellect.

Hey, I could be wrong, but a theory proposed to you all nonetheless, and I got my laugh on at the same time...

"Laugh much for laughing is never a day wasted"

Now go eat some grapes and get back to me...

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

While I don't like bush either he belongs to a party that has a good cause and actually goes out and fights for it. There is more logical reasoning behind the gop then there is on the liberal side.

"Stupid is as stupid does" - F. Gump

So your thesis is that fat people lack the proper nutritional balance for rational thought, thus making them Liberal & Kerry Supporters?

Is the "Not GOP" group comprised solely of Liberals?
DO Liberals even make up the Lion's share of the Democratic party?
Knowing that "liberal" means the consideration of many options, while "conservative" means finite option routes, well, that would also prove your thesis moot, no?
Seeing as the GOP is run by Louie Anderson with less hair & better teeth ( Karl Rove), that fat thing ain't holding much water.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by oddtodd

LoL! Yes yes, and what are the garbage men called today??
haha!
I've been given a ticket by the pc police... Thanks for sharing, gravitationally challenged, oh lol!
Thanks for the comment as well... I enjoy stirring the pot...

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
TL I like it alot.

I would not be surprised at all if it turned out to be somewhat true. It may seem kind funny, but im sure it has some legitimacy.

and Flinx, come on post something relatively important....

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Edit: Not worth taking up bandwidth...

AF1

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I smoke so much pot and evidently it doesn't affect my thinking since I can tell this is the stupidest thing I've ever read.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Jeez everybody just attack TL for being stupid why dont ya? Personally, I dont think it quite explains for the liberals, but Im sure its got alot to do with Americans in general!

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by oddtodd

LoL! Yes yes, and what are the garbage men called today??
haha!
I've been given a ticket by the pc police... Thanks for sharing, gravitationally challenged, oh lol!
Thanks for the comment as well... I enjoy stirring the pot...

"Sanitation Engineers"

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
and Flinx, come on post something relatively important....

You mean like you and TL right? Funny....

So basically you're just trolling to get a reaction out of liberals by saying something idiotic and insulting is that it TL? You might as well have just titled the post "Libruls R Stoopid" and not typed anything else... Unless I'm reading it wrong, the forum has been renamed political debate and there are some new rules about creating certain types of topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To put some serious thought into your "theory" (don't know why I'm bothering)...I think looking at the diets in other parts of the world negates your assertion. Western Europeans definately eat much healthier than we do in the US, and at the same time, the majority of their population tends to be more liberal than Americans. Same goes with the other first world countries, like Japan.

So if anything you've got it backwards.....

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
When you said that liberal stupidity has alot to do with calories, I thought you were speaking of Michael Moore.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Care to post a picture TL so we can judge your political affiliations?

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Edit: pic removed

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Care to post a picture TL so we can judge your political affiliations?

Me: Left..

I know I know, you were probably hoping I would look like a mouth breathing goon who scarfs down two big mac's while sitting here at my computer drooling all over my shirt.
So go ahead, judge away.

No BigMacs , had the demonic red eyes right tho'
AWWWWW!!! took it down already? was gonna photoshop some fat onta ya.....

[Edited on 6-7-2004 by oddtodd]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join