It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball "freezes" and hangs on the rim of the basket in bizzare freethrow incident.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Any one of you geniuses want to explain this?

Of all the crazy bounces we've seen in basketball in recent years, few have been more bizarre than a free throw Idaho State's Kamil Gawrzydek attempted late in the second half of Tuesday night's 71-48 loss at Utah State.

Gawrzydek's first foul shot bounces high off the back rim, deadens on the front rim and remains stationary there for almost two seconds before finally falling through the hoop to the disbelief of everyone in attendance. It hung on the front rim long enough that a Utah State player underneath the hoop actually had time to wave his arms in an effort to generate a strong enough breeze to blow the ball out of the cylinder.

Source:
rivals.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
With England not being big on Basketball the most surprising thing about the video to me was how freakish the players look!!

Are they genetically engineered or something?
Is this the only sport in the world where you have to be some kind of mutant to compete? I'm 6'5" but good grief theres a limit you know.

edit on 23-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I'm still trying to get my head round this...

edit on 23/12/2010 by LiveForever8 because: Embedding 1 - 0 LiveForever8

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It was obviously Superman in the stands that was using his blowing technique to hold the ball there.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

This is why Jedis should be banned from playing basketball.

Obviously someone is using the force.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Its called balance. Things can balance perfectly if in the right place. As the basketball is almost perfectly symmetrical sometimes you are going to get what seem like near impossible events occur, Its all just luck. It would be possible for me to balance a pencil on end given enough time and patience. Does make interesting watching though. I agree with Davespanners we are not used to watching BB and they do look like freaks of nature grown for the purpose. Maybe all put on a rack from birth.
Ok, take care .cheers for the entertainment

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that's a spring-loaded 'breakaway' rim.

They are used to prevent the backboard from getting blown out by a hard dunk, and stopping or suspending a game.

Wouldn't that account for the ball settling so quickly on the tip of the rim?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
That was a neet shot ....This is a clip on some really nice pool shots ,enjoy www.youtube.com... peace to all

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
maybe the basket had a roll rotation effect when he shooted it .. we dont see it well .. maybe its rotated so fast when it came down that it stayed almost immobile before gettin in the basket

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

Dang it! You beat me to it! LOL! I was going to say that it was clearly the powers of Superman!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I've actually seen this happen more than once! Never fails to amaze me!

new topics

top topics

join