It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prejudice is Not on the Menu Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
It has never ceased to amaze me that when you put just a couple people together there never seems to be any prejudice. For a quick example, the white man will tell the black man, I have many black friends, the straight man will tell the gay man he has many gay friends,the Christian will tell the Jewish man he has many Jewish friends. The list could go on and on, but hopefully that will be enough to get the idea across.

Then we come to groups of people and somehow it changes. Lines are drawn in the sand. These can be lines which create borders, states, or neighborhoods. Cross the line and there will be war. If one were to ask, "Why war?", well, that is how we have done it for hundreds or thousands of years. The ones that question usually turn out to be the Romeo and Juliets, the East side West side Story. In the name of of love, a tragedy. A stand for the Heart, a stand for a Friend. The group will destroy it somehow. I like to think most of us here can see how wrong that is.

Im guessing propaganda has a lot to do with it. Im guessing unquestioned habits has a lot to do with it as well. This is how my fathers father did it, and this is how you are going to do it. etc.

Frankly for myself, I have always been one to step over the line. Im guessing quite a few here have if that, (What religion are you? thread) says anything. Seems to be a lot of peacekeepers amongst us.

We are bombarded daily with war war war... where is it going to break out next? We are bombarded with be careful, you never know who is watching, or who is a terrorist. Uggg. to much negativity for me...

I have nothing against my fellow man, no matter what color, where they are from, what God they believe in. They let me live in peace, and I shall do the same. Any line I can erase is a good thing. A step forward to a better world imho.
I think if you take the group factor out of the equation and keep it on a singular fellow man, this it exactly where we need to be.I think except for a few bad apples, the majority of the singles just want peace. This is a beautiful world, and it is ours.

I think change is a coming and I want to believe, this is what it looks like....How about you? Obviously it can be done.... Care to dance my friends?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

F'ing awesome vid, great OP...

Buenos Aires danced the best, but Christmas Island was insane...I think he stepped on one.

Now excuse me while I send that vid to everyone I know.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Awww Im so glad you enjoyed it. That was most certainly my intention. I hope your friends want to dance too!
It almost reminds me of that old coca cola commercial, I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony... safe and warm holiday to you.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I couldn't help but think just how many Air Miles this guy has.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood

I couldn't help but think just how many Air Miles this guy has.

lol he has probably gone through a few pair of Air Nikes too!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Duh!!! It’s human nature to be two faced.
Political correctness keeps racial-sexual tensions just beneath the surface, but people in a group, can often find people like themselves. Therefore opinions usually suppressed by MSM (for the sake of economic growth) can be liberated.

I know a few coloured people, and (self evidently I like the ones I do know) BUT...
I would never tell them that I think they’re “an exception to the rule”, that most coloured people I’ve met I thought were stupid, threatening, social-economically scarred (or some other negative combination). I would be at least reluctant to say that not only could our country do with less immigration, but that it needs the reversal of this “Cultural Destruction”.
Of course I wouldn't want the coloured people (I know) deported, along with the other trash. For they are well integrated, and I view them as equals. But I'd like ALL the ones in prison gone.

So there's just certain things I won’t say in their company: I.e. the ones I know to be divisive (& what the intellectually weak call “offensive”).
However no matter how much social pressures may keep my mouth shut, they will never change what I think. In fact the social pressure just enforces it, because once the coloureds our out the way, and I'm in the right company, then the debate is probably far more extreme than it otherwise would be. But that's human psychology.

Put it this way: When a person has had bad BO, how many times have you said to someone (in hearing range) you would never employ a person with bad hygiene? Yet that's the opinion the BO persons is helping form, in you.
edit on 090705 by Liberal1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
......OR.....

you don't hear about all of the happy mixed groups of people capable of having a great time without ever once thinking about whether or not the person across from you is gay or wondering why there's a black guy talking to a white woman. We don't wonder, because we don't care.

The media will play up every instance of a situation that even remotely resembles prejudice -- for example, a fight between a white guy and a black guy. The media doesn't know it was racially motivated, but they are quick to assume it could be.

Instead, I would argue that men fight sometimes. And in the interest of equality, if a white guy wants to punch a black because he said / did something that offended him -- then punch him....just as you would if it was a white guy. Now of course I am not advocating violence, but I am sure you can see my point.

Does this mean that prejudice has been completely eradicated? No. Of course prejudice exists in the world. So does every nasty, vile belief. It exists somewhere. You will never be able to completely erase prejudice from the entire world. (unfortunately)

Now, if we could get past the fear of prejudice's existence I think we would be better off. Instead, I believe we are beginning to over-compensate and in doing so alienating yet another group of people. The group of course varies depending on where one is in the world.

All of this PC-correctness has made us into a society afraid to discuss our differences, which often leads to understanding and then later embracing and respecting them, for fear of being labeled.

To say we are not all different is a lie. To say it doesn't matter should be the ultimate goal in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The media loves playing up racial prejudice, but never racism. It’s as if all they want is both black & white people to feel oppressed and powerless for it to ever end. This of course is the social objective…

The economic objective is to want unlimited immigration to provide cheap labour, to benefit the other industry-economy media owners (and their interests) invest in. And of course it’s economic growth regardless of it’s effects on peoples living standards, or our cultural welfare-stability.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

Ok, I agree water seeks its own level, but I disagree that it is just human nature to be this way. To me that falls back on this is how we have done it for years and years so it must be so. That to me is the mind set we need to change.

I will be the first to admit, I will call a jerk a jerk, regardless of whatever color ,nationality or creed. But, that is just A person being a jerk, not all their associations. I really think too many get lumped into a group just because...doesnt mean it's how they think or feel.

In the big picture we really are all in the same boat. We may as well learn to paddle together..... I bet some North Koreans are looking at silly lights on a metal pole thinking it looks kinda pretty regardless of what they are lead to believe...

edit on 23-12-2010 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
......OR.....

you don't hear about all of the happy mixed groups of people capable of having a great time without ever once thinking about whether or not the person across from you is gay or wondering why there's a black guy talking to a white woman. We don't wonder, because we don't care.

The media will play up every instance of a situation that even remotely resembles prejudice -- for example, a fight between a white guy and a black guy. The media doesn't know it was racially motivated, but they are quick to assume it could be.

Instead, I would argue that men fight sometimes. And in the interest of equality, if a white guy wants to punch a black because he said / did something that offended him -- then punch him....just as you would if it was a white guy. Now of course I am not advocating violence, but I am sure you can see my point.

Does this mean that prejudice has been completely eradicated? No. Of course prejudice exists in the world. So does every nasty, vile belief. It exists somewhere. You will never be able to completely erase prejudice from the entire world. (unfortunately)

Now, if we could get past the fear of prejudice's existence I think we would be better off. Instead, I believe we are beginning to over-compensate and in doing so alienating yet another group of people. The group of course varies depending on where one is in the world.

All of this PC-correctness has made us into a society afraid to discuss our differences, which often leads to understanding and then later embracing and respecting them, for fear of being labeled.

To say we are not all different is a lie. To say it doesn't matter should be the ultimate goal in my opinion.

Touche, yes, the ultimate goal... Key word there....

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
There are plenty of reasons for a line in the sand. Sometimes there are reasons for lines etched in stone.

I believe I have come to understand these reasons, and will not cross over. Nor will I accept those attempting to come back. Example: geraldo is trying to change colors re 911. He is not granted that option. He is one of them.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Sigh, It is sad to think with some of these reply's we will never see the world as portrayed in the video. Do you really want to remain stuck in this viscous cycle? Have you not hear the term, "We are the ones we are waiting for?"

How do you ever expect to dance if you don't put the needle to the record?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I think anyone that wants to try and make a change for the positive should have that option. So many people stuck behind these imaginary lines. It is almost like if you keep a wild animal caged long enough, then remove the cage the animal will still just stay there or the elephant and the chain... We can erase these lines people.

Obviously the government has no problem stepping over them, or creating them.

top topics

join