It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman arrested at ABIA after refusing 'enhanced pat down'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Thanks I have to attribute that to have broken my arm earlier, pushing cars on an icy hill is tricky. I was also in ECWCS gear so I looked more intimidating than him
The more people get pushed out of their comfort zone the more they'll start to push back. I'd say from that experience 80% of the people had clothes for the weather the other 20 would have been uncomfortable in the low 50's.

Sadly most people were too stupid to think or do anything after they got stuck other than mindlessly gunning the engine, or sitting around with a "Whats this white stuff falling from the sky and why can't I drive on it" expression. Maybe 10% of the people in my area got out to help others, after I broke my arm I had to get people out of their cars to get the only car and obstacle in their way clear so they could move. Some may disagree with what I'm about to say but I hope they expand the tsa to bus stops and train stations asap. Mainly for the purpose of shoving the populace firmly outside their comfort zones because discomfort is the only thing that will work now.
edit on 23-12-2010 by Silverado292 because: Forgot somthing

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

To sum it up no one really wants to be a Martyr. Thats not to say we haven't had a few within the last few years that could qualify as one. Joe Stack crashed his plane into a minimally staffed irs building, and hell it's safe to say most of the country HATES the irs and his death did nothing. Now if you hate the state of things and you see people stand up and die and no one really cares, people forming groups for whatever purpose and getting raided how much fight are you going to have left?? Me personally I take the "Make the other dumb bastard die for his beliefs" approach. That approach is not compatible with the Martyr one.

Sorry for ending this abruptly but it's difficult to type atm.

* If I don't captilize something that may be considered important it's because I have no respect for it.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Lets go over what the constitution says and what courts are saying. And see if anyone has a chance of going up against these TSA rules in a court of law.

The Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution states: "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." It thus prohibits unreasonable searches or seizures or the issuance of warrants (arrest warrants or search warrants) that are not supported by probable cause. A warrant issued without probable cause is per se unreasonable.

Definition of probable cause is that it is a fair probability or reasonable ground to believe (1) that a crime has been committed, (2) the particular suspect committed it, or (3) that evidence related to the crime may be discovered in the particular location, or all of these.

As I said earlier, IMO, I (and others) do not believe that these warrantless unreasonable searches of the body are justifiable based on the constitution.....however, this is debatable amongst many - including the courts. I actually am very pro law enforcement and very pro security and I do understand why this is being done...however, I also stand by the constitution and believe that many laws need to be updated/changed/eliminated. I do not support the "pat down" of every single person flying.

Here are two court cases (much older as you will see) that ruled that these searches are within the law. These are probably cases that will be brought up as people start to sue the TSA.

In United States v. Bell, 464 F.2d 667 (1972)
the court of appeals judge justified airport searches by saying: When the risk is the jeopardy to hundreds of humans lives and millions of dollars of property inherent to the pirating or blowing up of a large airplane, that danger alone meets the test of reasonableness, so long as the search is conducted in good faith for the purpose of preventing hijacking or like damage and with reasonable scope and the passenger has been given advance notice of his liability to such a search so that he can avoid it by choosing not to travel by air.

Further in another case, United States v. Davis, 482 F.2d 893 (9th Cir. 1973) it was said that the need to prevent airline hijacking is unquestionably grave and urgent...A pre-boarding screening of all passengers and carry-on articles sufficient in scope to detect the presence of weapons or explosives is reasonably necessary to meet the need.

The thing with laws and various situations such as this, is that they are interpreted differently depending on the judge residing over a case. Thus the many appeals that take place over time. Im curious to see what happens with the first lawsuit based on the constitution and which judge overseas it (some circuits are more liberal while others are not) and how they interpret the current laws (TSA rules), previous court cases on searches and probable cause and the constitution.

ETA:

While I do not think anyone here at ATS
would argue the side that the TSA "feel em ups" are legal and constitutional....here are some articles on it:

Although the Supreme Court hasn't evaluated airport screening technology, lower courts have emphasized, as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit ruled in 2007, that "a particular airport security screening search is constitutionally reasonable provided that it 'is no more extensive nor intensive than necessary, in the light of current technology, to detect the presence of weapons or explosives.' "

In a 2006 opinion for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit, then-Judge Samuel Alito stressed that screening procedures must be both "minimally intrusive" and "effective" - in other words, they must be "well-tailored to protect personal privacy," and they must deliver on their promise of discovering serious threats. Alito upheld the practices at an airport checkpoint where passengers were first screened with walk-through magnetometers and then, if they set off an alarm, with hand-held wands. He wrote that airport searches are reasonable if they escalate "in invasiveness only after a lower level of screening disclose[s] a reason to conduct a more probing search."

Source

Cases to watch: people who are suing:

Little Rock Man sues...
Harvard law students sue...
NC family sues...
CO lawyer sues...
edit on December 23rd 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I was supposed to be flying to Chicago, and then to Tennessee this Xmas. Won't be happening. I refuse to be scanned or groped. Hit them where it hurts.

I strongly urge all of you to boycott the airlines.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

When I read the title, alone, I got disgusted. I do not like being touched. I avoid doctors at all costs and sadly, at times do not like my own children getting too close to me. I was molested and in a couple different odd situations as a young girl and think that may be why I am this way. I would never subject myself to this molesting...I automatically thought of rape victims..how they must feel.

Then I read the article. Turns out that she WAS a rape victim...and now she has to add assault by police officers to the list. I am astonished at the blasé attitude of the on-lookers. Still deeply asleep to what is actually happening to us and our country, these people sound like puppets...

It blows my mind to no end that so many people are willing to get the pat downs or even worse, enhanced patdowns. But then I believe 9/11 was an inside job and that most terrorist plots are either fake or completely blown out of proportion so that our govt. Can continue to take our rights and freedoms away.

I once was proud to be an American, but this country is unrecognizable when compared to the country I was born into. A country where city pools had diving boards, you didn't have to worry about receiving a citation for playing street ball (we've received 3 just this year), there was no such thing as car seats (my 8 year old son has to ride in one, by law)...and many more joy-stripping experiences my children will never know...

Okay,it's too close to Christmas for me to be ranting like this...my heart breaks for that woman! And it happened in my neck of the woods at that...

How about keeping Austin weird by not scanning or patting down folks flying out of the liberal city...guess not

edit on 12/24/10 by staciebee because: correcting typos

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

The gal from Killeen is most likely military (I live in the next town over). I bet if I took a poll here, I would get a lot of the same.
I really have to watch what I say and who I say it to around here.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Can't wait for the guy who is armed and dishes out some bidness to the TSA agents.

Yea, because murder is always the answer.
If that happens, say hello to permanent patdowns, and probably more. checkpoints leading into airports...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
at least they are targeting grown women in the u.s. in canuckistan, the perverts are targeting 15 yr old girls to moleste.

they should give a point of no return, a big sign in giant red letters before you board the plane that reads: security zone, once past this gate you may be subjected to fondling and groping.

that way u can turn back instead of being jumped.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Charter a plane and you won't be molested by TSA. Fly from a small remote airport where there is NO TSA.

IT's what the rich and elite do.

We could take the new 787 DreamLiner and convert it to load up POD's with 1 seat and it's own bathroom. Passenger are loaded into each POD then those POD's are ran on a rail system straight into the 787.

There would be NO way a person could leave that POD to try and down an airplane. The only person they could kill would be themselves.

We could use TECHNOLOGY to retain our Civil Rights....but alas we're a Fascist Police State and Civil Rights are quickly going down the tube.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I think that this is already completely out of hand and that is how they want it. But I also feel that the most telling part of this "news article" if we can call it that anymore are the statements by the two good sheep that said they understand but its ok because it makes them "safe". COME ON PEOPLE!! What the hell is going on around here? Its almost like there are enough people that they can find to say absolutely idiotic things like that to justify their retraction of our constitutional rights.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

"They Don't Care About Us"

Skin head, dead head
Everybody gone bad
Situation, aggravation
Everybody allegation
In the suite, on the news
Everybody dog food
Bang bang, shot dead
Everybody's gone mad

All I wanna say is that
They don't really care about us
All I wanna say is that

Beat me, hate me
You can never break me
Will me, thrill me
You can never kill me
Jew me, sue me
Everybody do me
Kick me, kike me
Don't you black or white me

All I wanna say is that
All I wanna say is that

Tell me what has become of my life
I have a wife and two children who love me
I am the victim of police brutality, now
I'm tired of bein' the victim of hate
You're rapin' me of my pride
Oh, for God's sake
I look to heaven to fulfill its prophecy...
Set me free

Skin head, dead head
Everybody gone bad
trepidation, speculation
Everybody allegation
Everybody dog food
black man, black male
Throw your brother in jail

All I wanna say is that
All I wanna say is that

Tell me what has become of my rights
Am I invisible because you ignore me?
Your proclamation promised me free liberty, now
I'm tired of bein' the victim of shame
They're throwing me in a class with a bad name
I can't believe this is the land from which I came
You know I do really hate to say it
The government don't wanna see
But if Roosevelt was livin'
He wouldn't let this be, no, no

Skin head, dead head
Everybody gone bad
Situation, speculation
Everybody litigation
Beat me, bash me
You can never trash me
Hit me, kick me
You can never get me

All I wanna say is that
All I wanna say is that

Some things in life they just don't wanna see
But if Martin Luther was livin'
He wouldn't let this be

Skin head, dead head
Everybody gone bad
Situation, segregation
Everybody allegation
Everybody dog food
Kick me, strike me
Don't you wrong or right me

All I wanna say is that
All I wanna say is that

All I wanna say is that
All I wanna say is that

All I wanna say is that
All I wanna say is that

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This is going on everywhere, our rights are stripped and we are made to obey.

Some years ago at a big forest rave party a drug dog supposedly sniffed cannabis on my gf, and they grabbed her, took to their wan, and made her strip down to panties/bra, and looked throug every other piece of clothing and bag, while she is sitting there in her undies.

When they brought her back and she told me what happened (i thought they would search her bag and let her go) i completely flipped and was about ready to kill those police officers. Needless to say, that event was ruined for me, luckily my gf didn't seem too bothered about it.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by above
This is going on everywhere, our rights are stripped and we are made to obey.

Some years ago at a big forest rave party a drug dog supposedly sniffed cannabis on my gf, and they grabbed her, took to their wan, and made her strip down to panties/bra, and looked throug every other piece of clothing and bag, while she is sitting there in her undies.

When they brought her back and she told me what happened (i thought they would search her bag and let her go) i completely flipped and was about ready to kill those police officers. Needless to say, that event was ruined for me, luckily my gf didn't seem too bothered about it.

They don't care about us. Those government people are no longer humans I guess. Didn't their parents teach them not to hurt anyone? I would feel the same if I were you.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimensional Detective

Homeland Security is modeled after the dreaded Gestapo and has no rules , no oversight by the Judicial system or Bill of Rights . The Homeland Security immunity from oversight is migrating to the local police through the co-operation and limited integration between the two . Notice the uniform are all going to black as was the Gestapo wore black . There are a lot of similarities between the Third Reich and this NWO bunch in power now .

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This is almost as disturbing as the fact that this song is not even a joke since this is a very likely situation for today.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LovePeaceNFreedom

Is the grandma got molested song based on true story?

If others got it like her, I hate to ask this .. WTH Obama doing nothing to this slave-conditioning procedure?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It is amazing to know that some people are even justifying what was done to her. And the steady decline of American freedom goes on. America as the "Land of the Free" is not applicable anymore.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I have not flown in many years because of the new rules. However I have stated to my family if I ever HAVE to fly again I will wear nothing but a robe to the airport and if it comes to a pat down I will just disrobe and go to jail at least smiling.
This is such BS.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by IC 11:11

But I also feel that the most telling part of this "news article" if we can call it that anymore are the statements by the two good sheep that said they understand but its ok because it makes them "safe"

And how many people had to be interview to find two ladies to state they feel safer. Heck we do not even know if that is what is actually said or if what was sad was twisted.

The "feel safer" may have been as a response to "How do you feel about Airport Security in general?"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join