It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Police state expansion?: Mobile prison guard towers showing up in local neighborhoods!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
They have one of these towers at one of the malls near me. AFAIK it is manned by security guards not cops. And even though I think they're stupid (because of being easily tipped), I do think they serve a purpose. Because that mall I mentioned has had ongoing problems with gangs...I do believe that the tower is there to stop gang activity and also to make shoppers feel more secure. Not saying that shoppers ARE more secure just saying that they feel more secure.

And to respond to the poster above who is going on and on about some guy controlling all the guns, I have to say that if you stopped all gun production and sales right now, today, that there are still millions and millions of guns in this country. Plenty of ammo too. Can't tell me that the black market wouldn't take up the slack either....
We've got enough guns in this country to kill ourselves several times over so don't worry.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Yep North Korea and the rest of the world are ready to surrender, as America rolls out there latest multi billion dollar weapon against Terror. The "BOX ON A CHERRY PICKER".

Maybe America takes America seriously today but bugger me the rest of the world just has another daily laugh. Land of the brave and free, more like the weak and dumb. All the bright ones stole your money and left.
Get out now before you turn into a 3 ring circus.

Last one out turn of the lights.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I'll tell you what they're going to start using those for: Protest's/Protester's. They will strategically place the tower's within certain areas they deem vital to keep protester's away from. Each one will be equipped with ADS (Active Denial System) to suppress anyone that gets within so many feet of the "hot zones".

Think about it, every time there's a large protest (like the G20 ones, etc) it's a political nightmare, not only for the local authorities, but nationally as well. The media work's hard to cover these types of situations up and never show's the people getting harmed, but tends to always show the officer's getting harmed. Now that everyone has video camera's the media is having a hard time fabricating the story. So the truth is not seeping through the crack's, it's pouring through. This is a major problem. Not to mention the resources it costs the local gov't. All in all it just looks bad for the authorities any way you look it. It looks bad for everyone politically. Scares the local citizen's into staying home or causes over dramatic worrying by some. As you can imagine this hurts the local economy. People aren't going to be out shopping. This is what really makes them angry.

Thats where the tower's come in. Think of the images you've seen in the past of these events taking place. 10,000 protester's vs. 1,000's of police. Or in some instances a few hundred protester's vs. 1,000's of police. All the fighting, yelling, screaming, beating, tear gasing, burning, breaking, smashing, etc. Total chaos. Other times it's been peaceful but loud with voice's being the only action used by the people as police form a human barricade to keep them at bay. You siting at home watching these images on your computer or whatever glimpse the news chooses to show. Either way it looks bad.

Now, imagine what it would look like if these tower's were setup in the right places in the right areas, equipped with ADS and whatever other painful deterrents, keeping people back at least 700 yards or more. Of course you know what the news would do with that scene. Show it to everyone as if everything is completely normal. It would look empty, quite, peaceful. The media never mentioning the 10,000 people held back 700 or so yards down the rd.

These tower's would put an end to protest's and I seriously wouldn't doubt if they don't use them for that in the near future. It's the police dept's wet dream, the Sheriff's wet dream come re-election. Suppress protester's and at the same time make it look clean.

I'm sure they will have other uses as well. But they can only be used for event's they know is about to happen, such as protests. Or political meetings, and things of that nature. Setting these things up definitely takes some time. So this is something that can only be used as a strategic asset.

When watching that first video of the tower at the Walmart parking lot, I couldn't help but visualize 3 more of those set up there at a 15ft high barbed wire fence surrounding the parking lot also. Especially the way the weather looked that day as well. It helped the visual. I could see them doing that at every Walmart across the country.

Seriously, would any of you be surprised 20 years from now if Walmart is our only place to trade? I wouldn't be surprised the slightest. They're already the largest retail store, the most successful as well. It WILL happen if they corner the grocery store market and put the other chain grocer's out of business (Kroger, Publix, Food Lion, Bi-Lo, etc). which they are trying to do. I mean, they're winning in the pharmacy dept more and more everyday. Pushing gasoline now. Y'all know everything Walmart does. I don't have to tell you. Hell, in Texas they opened a few "trial" Walmar's that are high-end. Sell's Gucci, Prada, fine wines, expensive gourmet food, has hard wood floors, a gourmet restaraunt. They are trying to see if those will take off and then they will open up high end stores.

But if they tend to win the grocery store war, then Walmart will just about be your go to place for everything. They're meat suck's to man. I can't stand it. But imagine if that was to happen. That would be the prison set up the Elite have dreamed of. I mean, what other reason would you have to leave the house? You would go to work, then Walmart. That's it. You'd have no business anywhere else. Then those tower's would easily become sniper tower's. Hell, Walmart would probably have it's own Merc army doing security then. It's a scary world ahead of us. Of course it's just a Theory, but one I could easily see happening.
edit on 24-12-2010 by J.Son79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by nasdack24k
Way to sell it as patrtiotic..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/724d63be991c.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 12/23/2010 by nasdack24k because: (no reason given)

Man, that's just disgusting.
I see Big Brother and Big Sister written all over this thing.
And they have the audacity to use a pretty Caucasian girl smiling, as a poster child!
The bastards!
I'm afraid it will be getting worse.
Are you ready?

whats up with the terrorist looking guy at the bottom right?
edit on 24-12-2010 by Haydn_17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I lurve me sum of dat dare gravity stuff. Ima gunna get some and make des dare fellers welcome.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
"can be used for crowd control and civil unrest"

Can't wait to see that get tipped over.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I seen on RT videos. The Russian's were building 5,000 bunkers for their citizens.
Our government wants to surveillance and arrest it's citizens.
If you think your being under surveilance at home. Here is how they watch you.
Monday they drive by at 2:00pm
on Tue 2:15pm
on Wed 2:30pm
on Thur 2:45pm
You can set your watch, their always on time.
They always have brand new vehclices, and use different ones.
Don't forget to take down their plate numbers, you may need them, later.
I hope this help you..

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

OMG! They look scarily like the gaurd towers used by the visitors in the original (1980`s) television show, "V".
Makes you wonder about life imitating art.............

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
These could be handy for a place like WalMart especially around holiday time, to catch shoplifters on camera that flee the store. But, if that were the case, shouldn't walmart just put up it's own cameras for that purpose? The WalMart buildings themselves are already bristling with cameras, why don't they just add some at the back of the parking lot looking towards the store if they need more field of view to catch crimes that occur in the parking lot.

I'd rather the retail store invest in and run their own security infrastructure than rely on the government, and let the government use taxpayer money to buy things like this that they can easily also be used against innocent people if they wish.
edit on 24-12-2010 by Blazer because: typo

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by watermama

Let us say for a second that this is good because it "stops" gangs. The problem is that it doesn't stop gangs at all. What it does is tells the gangs to go elsewhere which they do and they continue their illegal sad pathetic activity.

So now they set up a tower in the new gang hotspot after the mall ... the gang move ... the cycle repeats until the whole country has towers in every corner and recess.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

Maybe that is exactly their goal. Like you said they put up a tower and the crime moves elsewhere, so they put a tower there, the crime moves again, so the "logical solution" is surveillance everywhere, which does put a stop to the crime, but also allows them to invade the privacy of the rest of us. I wouldn't be surprised if they were way more interested in having eyes everywhere than in stopping crime.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Only in America

What's with that?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
If the SHTF citizens will strike down these towers faster than the government struck down the TWIN TOWERS.
Peace.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
We have those down here in Louisiana, at just about every Home Depot. I think they began putting them up after Hurricane Katrina.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Yeah, these have sprung up in Chalmette, LA outside New Orleans at their Wal-Mart, and I saw one at the Home Depot in New Orleans around Poydras and the Super Dome.

From a completely superficial stand point, the question is what are they for? Wal-Mart probably gets robbed today as much, if not less, then ten years ago. Same with the Home Depot.

Are they installing these, then, for some future situation? One that would warrant an armed crow's nest over looking the entrance to Wal-Mart? Or the Home Depot?

The time for skeptics is kind of over. You can't say, "Oh, that's just for security." No, it's not. It's actually more work and would cost more to have additional security mounted in a mobile guard tower.

My guess is that the logical answer lies in the specific locations of the mobile prison guard towers. What do you have? Wal-Mart and Home Depot (that I've seen). What do they sell? Wal-Mart sells ammo, food, clothing and housewares. Home Depot sells vital building supplies.

I would say, in the ATS spirit of speculation, that they are being put in place now for the definate coming of some event that would validate their existence and appearance.

They are being set up as a way to bolster security, to guard places. From who? Well, if they are appearing in Wichita, KS and not Afghanistan, they are probably going to be used to keep Americans out, in, or at the very least in some form of civility.

This event could be the coming economic crisis, the coming Korean nuclear conflict, a coming ice age, some false flag terror op, or a combination of the four.

Of course, as Gerald Celente has said; after the events of 2011, we'll all probably believe that the world is coming to an end in 2012.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
We have those all over NYC, mostly uptown, basically just used to monitor traffic in areas prone to accidents and a higher crime rate. I don't feel threatened by these but perhaps in a more rural area such as North Carolina, sure...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

hmmmm....have u noticed that they are near shops? i heard in the pipeline there could be food shortages, maybe these are in place in case of looters etc....something big is around the corner people i feel it in my bones, wether its a war, terrorists, a giant comet, alien invasion i dont know but they are ramping up the security side of things ....do they TPTB forsee riots? looting? etc and if so...WHY?? why do they feel the need to pen us up like pigs?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
It's like we're in Half Life 2.
Paging Doctor Freeman

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
I wouldn't ant to be up there if the hydrolicis failed.

A real possibility if someone down the bottom has a knife.

There has to be flexible hydraulic lines somewhere.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I have been seeing one of these towers in my city for a couple of years now. The first time I saw it was at a concert event in our main park. Since then I have seen it placed in some of the poorer sections of town and it varies from being set up in the air or low to the ground. I just remember having a really strange feeling the first time I saw it. Almost like having a babysitter that has the power to arrest me.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join