It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Father Christmas/Santa An Ailen? :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
As it is fast approaching Christmas Day i thought i would ask a festive question!
Ever since the first sighting of Santa on his sleigh being pulled by reindeer through the night sky, one has to wonder if Santa is in fact an Ailen. How can anyone accomplish the task of flying a sledge in the sky driven by reindeer delivering presents all aover the world on Christmas Eve? Santa would surely have to have an advanced knowledge of quantum theory and practice to accomplish this. Now considering sightings have been reported as far back as oh way back to Victorian times one can only conclude Santa is an Ailen!

Would anyone care to speculate and join in with the festive fun?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

I suspect the elves are reptilian....discuss

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This Mr Claus is an unsavoury and un-american character. Consider the facts.

Maintains surveillance on minors throughout the year through a network of informants
Delivers artefacts of foreign manufacture into the country in flagrant disregard of import duty and customs.
Never files a flight plan in flagrant violation of FAA rules.
Enters private domiciles at night without permission.

Clearly a terrorist. Should a sighting be made please inform the DHS. Thank you

:-)
edit on 23-12-2010 by justwokeup because: typo

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The elves do have a somewhat inhuman speed when building toys, and I do not fully understand how they are able to breed so quickly and survive on that little of food. The arctic is difficult to grow crops in, therefore the North Pole either has an underground trading organization with a world super power, or they are gaining nourishment through some sort of alien means. Perhaps Santa acts as the "Queen Bee" in this operation.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I also would love to see every single parent eat their feet when we finally realize Santa is an E.T. It makes perfect sense, the biggest metaphor in all of this are the "presents". I always thought this was fun to speculate.

Elves = Grays

Santa = Hierarchy controlling Grays.

Presents = technology of some kind.

The sleigh, reindeer, and lights are just as applicable as metaphorical ancient depictions of aliens. Since these presents are globally "handed out" to all those with a "good heart", it suggests that the presents aren't actually individual and gift-wrapped, but perhaps something more a long the lines of a "wave of positivity" given to all in the heart of this cold/dark season.

(S+F)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
No I believe his originates from saint Nicolis who is almost as weird as an alien being.

Another legend[12] tells how a terrible famine struck the island and a malicious butcher lured three little children into his house, where he slaughtered and butchered them, placing their remains in a barrel to cure, planning to sell them off as ham. Saint Nicholas, visiting the region to care for the hungry, not only saw through the butcher's horrific crime but also resurrected the three boys from the barrel by his prayers. Another version of this story, possibly formed around the eleventh century, claims that the butcher's victims were instead three clerks who wished to stay the night. The man murdered them, and was advised by his wife to dispose of them by turning them into meat pies. The Saint saw through this and brought the men back to life.

en.wikipedia.org...

Over generations he evolved into Santa Clause

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
This Mr Claus is an unsavoury and un-american character. Consider the facts.

Maintains surveillance on minors throughout the year through a network of informants
Delivers artefacts of foreign manufacture into the country in flagrant disregard of import duty and customs.
Never files a flight plan in flagrant violation of FAA rules.
Enters private domiciles at night without permission.

Clearly a terrorist. Should a sighting be made please inform the DHS. Thank you

:-)
edit on 23-12-2010 by justwokeup because: typo

I do see a similarity........coincidence? I think not!
edit on 23-12-2010 by DisturbedToo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo

I suspect the elves are reptilian....discuss

Hummmm....You know now that you mention it, they are small and wear green.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

Those pictures are too funny...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybee

Thanks! I vigorously worked on the Osanta Bin Ladin picture for over 15 seconds, now I must take a break as my artistic abilities have been stretched to the max!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo

Originally posted by maybee

Thanks! I vigorously worked on the Osanta Bin Ladin picture for over 15 seconds, now I must take a break as my artistic abilities have been stretched to the max!

Sounds like you need a glass of wine

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I thought his image came from Siberian Reindeer herder Shamans who 'fly' with the aid of a agaric mushroom
that is red and white

I also know that the commercial version of Santa was an invention of Coca Cola and prior to that as the previous poster mentioned based on Saint Nicholas and his miraculous Deeds

so why does the obscure Siberian Shaman make so much sense in terms of iconography?
very mysterious

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

You are not so far from the true story. Really Not So Far.........

In Northern Europe, before the cristianity arrival, there was a tale about a big man wearing red garment.

The Tale in short.

Once upon a time.....One boy lost his way to his home and he is lost in a huge forest. It's winter and night. Snow and ice everywhere. during a snow storm He find repair under a big fir tree. But he know to die. Hunger, silks fatigue and intense cold would have made him to die shortly.
He is deeply fallen asleep, aware to die, but suddenly, he feels an pleasant heat on his body. He opens his eyes and sees to fly around the great fir many muticolor balls of lights that seem to dance.
Suddenly, beside him, a dressed high man with dresses of red color appears, and places gifts, food and water, under the tree and going up and flies away in the sky.
After the cristianity arrival, The "Red Big Man" became Santa Klaus (San Nicola da Bari - Italy) the saint that bring cristianity (and gifts to children) in Northern and East Europe and Russia.

edit on 23-12-2010 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
You better watch out, you better not smoke hashish! He's checking a list, he's checking it twice, he's Bruce Willis in Red so don't **** with him!

That said, if anything's apparent after years reading UFO reports and watching documentaries it's how things have been perceived over time - and if anything, how little we understand perception over a certain period of time. Some recent videos have given me an indication that the legend could well still hold some truth no matter how unrelated the original concept may be. Some of the UFO's I saw this year would've convinced me, if I was a kid, I was catching a glimpse of Santa and his reindeer.

It's strange to be an adult and realise Santa isn't true, but that you still might catch a glimpse of something that looks like his troupe.

Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I thought Coke put Santa in a red suit and gave him a sleigh?

top topics

join