It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I demand this forum about 2012 to be shut down on 22st december 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
No on 12/22/12 there should be a front page post that says "HAHAHAHA... 12/21/12 doomesday = EPIC FAIL!!!"
and list every crazy person who put in their predictions over the past few years.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Is someone wavering on their beliefs all the sudden? Scared of persecution?

BTW Merry CHRISTmas. That's right I said CHRIST, not x.
edit on 23-12-2010 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by helster83

Na I say let it ride until the end of the year, to avoid the "2012 isn't over" crowds complaints But they should definitely have it count down with the New Year and Nuke the topic afterward..
If nothing happens. I must admit I'm still curious to see IF something happens.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Many of the people I know who actually believe in 2012 theories predict a gradual change, I assure you debate will continue even after this date. Honestly I dont know of any firm believers that believe the world-will-end theory.

If the mayan's really were just predicting a new age, I say they were pretty damn spot on. A new world certainly has emerged... Just compare the technological advancements in just the past 100 years to that of the past 10,000.

edit on 23-12-2010 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

did you post a poem in another topic? off topic just wondering lol

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It's quit simple the Mayan's had to end the calender some where. There will be a 23rd and a day after, and more days after that.
imho

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ac647
reply to post by backinblack

did you post a poem in another topic? off topic just wondering lol

hmm, can't remember..
Maybe....

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Ooooo the big SAURSTER steps in!

In my findings, ancient cultures weren't 'backwards' like modern science leads you to believe. Back then, people were much more in tune with the natural flow of the universe.

When you combine hours of conspiracy buffing, metaphysics, first hand experience and the quest for personal sovereignty, then it all begins to make sense.

2012 is rapidly approaching... anyone notice time speeding up? I am.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I would like the 2012 thing to close, because people need hope.

And if you go on and on about doom, it wrecks people's hope. And it ruins their lives.

Come on, this world is hard enough - we don't need more doom and gloom.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

That's very heart-felt. Thank you.

2012 really isn't a doom scenario, but a major transition.

Of course there will be perils involved. Just remember you are an grand, eternal, universal being.

This lifetime is a major point on our paths to personal mastery.

@#@$@$@$!!!@!$%%///BACK TO THE MATRIX///%$$@$$@$@%%@!#*@
edit on 24-12-2010 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by freedish

and sometime in the future, Zeus, unicorns, dragons, gremlins, the grinch, santa, have always been there, but finally we will know, that they HAVE always been there... (In response to the logic of your signature)

As for everyone else and the topic:

My calendar ends on the 31st of December 2010, just like the Mayan Calendar ended on the 21st of December, 2012. Does that mean the end of the world is going to be in 7-8 days?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
Yes, because you are in such a position to be making demands

Try being a member for more than two months before you decide to walk in and start barking orders.

Merry Christmas

Originally postedby Rising Against
Like others have said, you joined last month, you're in absolutely no position to demand anything from this site. Be grateful it's here at all.

schuyler
You DEMAND? Do you think you are in charge here? I agree with you that the whole idea is silly (90% of the stuff here is anyway), but I don't think even those of us who have been here for more than a month or two are in a position to demand anything of ATS.

Will this elitist attitude ever stop? With the exception of the other elitist snobs on this site, nobody cares how long you've been a member here.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Actually, your calendar doesn't end on December 31th. It is, as far as I know, a never-ending one. Notice how the eclipses aren't always on the same date? Notice how the dates aren't the same years? November 10th could be a Wednesday this year, and a Thursday next year. Our calendar doesn't end. It's just being recalculated every year! And it is less precise than the ancient Mayan Calendar ! Ours doesn't really predict eclipses, or the Earth's movement throughout the galaxy. Theirs do, with a near-perfect precision. I don't know, maybe our simplified calendar is does end somehow, because really it could be part of a big cycle unknown by us.

The Mayan Calendar in question, because there are many (some last up to 10 million years), doesn't end. However, the cycle does. This is the calendar of the evolution of human's consciousness, and the cycle ends when men enter the new dimension, the Golden Age.

And so they predicted...

Ps The idea that "They had to end it and choose a date, whatever" just doesn't make sense. One of their calendar lasts up to 10 million years, so i doubt they would choose a random date on a calendar that is everything but randomly created.

EDIT: To OP, no. I sincerely hope they won't shut it down. It's not a change that takes place over night. It's gradual, then sudden. Some say it could happen in 2011. Others state the classic 2012, while conservative theorists say the window of time could extend to 2018 I think. So in other words, if you don't want the subject to be flooding other sections of this forum, mods are better leaving this one open. Otherwise, their will be a lot of off-topic threads in forums such as "Space Exploration" "Spirituality, metaphysics" "Breaking Alternative News" etc etc etc Some believe it so much that even if nothing happen in 2012, they'll keep believing. The topic is so greatly supported (scientific evidences, historical evidences, mysteries, current happenings in the world) that it's hard to dismiss it all at once over a date.

Let's be honest, this place doesn't hurt anybody doesn't it. The world IS ending, be it 2012 or 2030. I'm 19. I don't plan hitting the 40s. Look around you. If the 2012 ascension doesn't happen at all, we're doomed by our government. Unless the biggest revolution of mankind happens (which could very well, and I hope so), the world will end very soon.
edit on 24-12-2010 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159
Let's be honest, this place doesn't hurt anybody doesn't it. The world IS ending, be it 2012 or 2030. I'm 19. I don't plan hitting the 40s. Look around you. If the 2012 ascension doesn't happen at all, we're doomed by our government. Unless the biggest revolution of mankind happens (which could very well, and I hope so), the world will end very soon.
edit on 24-12-2010 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

Some things never change it seems. For my time it was Atom Bomb, hide under your desk and then "Duck and Cover", while plans for Bomb Shelters appeared in our homes, carried in by our Fathers. The "Bomb" was the end and no way would we survive another decade. For my Father it was the "Great Depression" from which we would never recover. Tick, tock.
edit on 12/24/2010 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Well... [*Ahem*] no #ing DUH?!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
22st? never heard that one
oh do you mean 22nd?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Don't worry, it will be.
Along with everything else in the world.

Hehe THIS!!! ^^^^^

Awesome comment mate, you made my night!

Merry Christmas all

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I demand,I'm stomping my foot, more cheese in my cheetoh's.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
I demand this forum about 2012 to be shut down on 22st december 2012

DEMAND? You DEMAND? Sure. Okay. What will happen if you don't get your way? Stomp your feet? Hold your breathe?
Seriously though ... there is a lot to the alleged Mayan prophecy of 2012 .. questions about the date .. etc. People will be discussing the date; the other possible dates; translations; translation errors; and generally just wanting the forum open for 'I told ya' so' type threads when nothing happens.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I'm one of the believers and regardless of what happens I will be grateful either way. I think the world could do with a big change, but if the date passes with no consequence then I will be happy to carry on living my life as normal without the weight on my mind.

I really don't understand why so many of you are so quick to dismiss it. What's so wrong with being open minded about it? This is a conspiracy forum after all.

And It's not just the Maya that reference to 2012. It's only because of Jose Arguelles book The Mayan Factor that people jumped all over that bandwagon, when in reality there are clues from many different sources.

With the calculations that we have the date could be the 21st or the 23rd, so we've got a small margin of error anyway

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join