It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF is up with "TPTB?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I have been browsing ATS bout 2-3 years now. One thing that always bugged the crap out of me was this "TPTB"
Generally i can figure out acronyms, but i had to google this one. I then found it meant "The Powers To Be." What the # is this? Thats such a broad lame statement, i mean who the hell is the powers? and what are they being? I feel like it makes someone look like a retard who doesn't know what the anserw is so just says a slang word to make themselves look cool to get out a direct question.

Like hey who caused 9/11?
Oh TBTP of course.

What the hell is that? Instead of stating an opinion of who you think was behind it you get some lame duck anserw like "Oh its the powers to be."

I mean hell i already know that.

"Who would cover up a UFO sighting and say it was a LED kite?"
"TPTB"

Da hell is this?

I think people need to stop using TPTB.

/end rant.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
But TPTB did cause 9.11....

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

I reckon TPTB arnt very powerfull at all

edit on 23/12/10 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Yes, this has been a problem getting to the bottom of it all. We need research, we need names, we need proof and we will win.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

Maybe there should be a faq or something put up to explain some of these things to people that are new or just waking up.

Pretty much TPTB are talking about the ones who run the show. The people in control of world events, etc. It is generally accepted that this refers to the 13 elite families, Rockefellers, Rothschilds, etc. Possibly someone or some"thing" even above those people. Basically the people with the money, power, will, and lack of conscience that are able to influence or control what is going on in the world.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Your absolutely right! That seems to be the excuse of most people now...its TPTB!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

In many ways I also believe this to be true. The only real power they have is extreme greed imo. But there is a new acronym going around now "TPTW" The powers that were. To denote the fact they are losing their control and influence on people and events.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Puresilence

Pure greed will only make them bitter, But been bitter seems to be the popular thing at the moment, If you go to london youll notice that 70% of people walk around Trafalgar Square like theve been sucking lemons all morning whilst nursing a Gold brick that accidently got pushed up their nether regions

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Here is a link that explains the roles of the PTB www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

Het doom27,

The Powers That Be, TPTB

Thems the same as The Ten Horns Of The Beast, TTHOTB

You'll have it when ya figure that one out.

Truthiron.

PS, Really, I'm not joking.

top topics

join