It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Premonition And Its Result: Guilt?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
My Dad was poorly in hospital but seemed to be picking up. I went home after a hospital visit but within the hour got a bad feeling and drove back to the hospital as fast as possible. I found him in a coma and he was dead just over an hour later. Was so glad I listened to something
edit on 24-12-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Well , my father side is mostly German last name (Bupp) my mom is scotch-Irish (Preble)

Talking about the big C reminds me about my brothers family who lived in Columbia, PA anong the Susquehanna River. The town had a foundry in it and there was always a cancer cluster. Anyway I think about how my brothers wifes experience .....

My brother, Wesley and his wife Alexis

Alexis sister gets cancer and diesl
about 2 years
later her mom gets cancer and dies
then her dad gets cancer and dies
then Wesley died from a heart attack at age 48
and not long after the funeral about 6 months Alexis got rapid MS and is in bad shape.

so, I am just glad it was not me ....... Alexis said it was like being pregnat ...it is coming sooner or later when talking about dealing with all of the deaths the way they occured .......

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Onboard2

Sonjah1, I know how you feel. I'm saddened that Christmas isn't what it once was for me, but we go on for those still in our lives. Have a nice Christmas

Thank you Onboard2.

Hoping that you have a Merry Christmas as well!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Oh what a sad, but insightful story you have shared.

I hope the good memories of your uncle remain with you.

As far as Christmas goes, I was in shock at the time, too, as would be expected.

But I do remember friends and family sending, well literally, hundreds of poinsettias to our house. I hate poinsettias now, and cringe at the sight of them by association....

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Why in the hell did I not act on that first intuition/premonition?

Why should you have and what could you have done? Think it through. Do you think you could have stopped him from playing tennis? Do you know for sure that tennis "did it" or might it not have happened anyway? He was obviously an active person and likely had no idea he was at ris. He wouldn't have believed you, or broken his tennis date, anyway. In your story I really don't see any place in it where you could have successfully intervened. Your premonition didn't exatly tell you he was at risk, either. That's a pretty lomng sttretch from "Hug your Dad" to "He is at risk."

I suppose it's natural to feel some guilt, but the fact is, you didn't do anything wrong.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

My Dad was poorly in hospital but seemed to be picking up. I went home after a hospital visit but within the hour got a bad feeling and drove back to the hospital as fast as possible. I found him in a coma and he was dead just over an hour later. Was so glad I listened to something

starchild10,

Many thanks for sharing your experience with us.

I am sorry that he had slipped into a coma when you arrived, but at least I believe that he felt your presence and love at some level of consciousness.

Maybe that was the closure he needed to pass on/over so quickly, and hopefully, without much pain.

My thoughts are with you as I write today.

And I wish you good memories, and happy holidays

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

Now that is certainly a lot for one individual (you) to tolerate!

I hope that you don't still live in the area, or at least it has been cleaned up.

Wishing you the best of memories during the holidays, friend.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Dear Schulyer,

Yes, a lot of your reasoning is true; I guess what I forgot/left out in my description was the feeling of gloom, the feeling of urgency that came with the premonition.

It was more like "tell him you love him, give him a hug...BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE"

Thanks for your kind words and thoughts on the matter....and

Happy Holidays!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join