It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Premonition And Its Result: Guilt?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Have you ever had a premonition concerning someone's death(s)?

The purpose of this topic is to discuss Death Premonition(s). and its impact(s) on those who have experienced it/ them.

By definition, a premonition is: 1. an intuition of a future, usually unwelcome, occurrence; foreboding
2. an early warning of a future event; forewarning.

This subject-matter is important to me for several reasons: 1) I had a very strange feeling about 5 hours before the time of my dad's death (rip, says the apple of your eye), 2) I failed to do anything about it, and 3) After over a decade, because he died on 12/17; I still feel guilt about it--i.e., not seeking immediate medical help as I was only 17 years old at the time..

Most of you will say, predictably, seek counseling! But even counselors can't help get me through this one -- as some are truly amazed at, and believe in premonitions.

So am I alone in the world on predicting/having a premonition on my dad's death?

Or has anyone else had a similar experience?

I don't think about this constantly; mostly during the holidays when my dear father passed on...

Please share similar experiences.
Thank you.
edit on 23-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: the rent is too damn high??????

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I had a very crazy dream similar to this once...

I was sitting at a big round table, with a random group of my friends. The theme of the dream was, that I needed to watch all of their eyes, to make sure I knew which one was going to be possessed by evil. It was all in the eyes, and for what felt like hours I was ripping wine bottles out of my friends hands.

It was start randomly, one would get this evil look in their eye, and then grab a nearby object and try to hurt someone. No one seemed aware of this except for me. The last person to be possessed was the dad of a friend of mine. I remember yelling at him, that I wanted out of the dream and I was tired of playing this evil game, while his dad just looked at me with these creepy eyes, completely unaffected by what I was saying.

The very next day, I talked to my friend, and found out his dad went to the hospital that same night. It felt like I had been trying to save my friends, but that something was making me "pick" who would be hurt.

Only similar in some ways... But I feel like we do have a lot of psychic abilities, that through ridicule the majority of people have done well to shut these feelings out. I don't think it is fair to yourself to give blame, your dad wouldn't want you to blame yourself either. Some things just happened, they can't be avoided, only learned from, I guess.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I had a lot of thoughts about someone coming to me at school and telling me father was dead and I could hear myself screaming. When it actually happened less than a year later, the same screams were escaping my mouth like a reflex... like before I even knew it I was screaming. It just came out of nowhere.
I didn't know this could be a premonition then. Do I feel guilt? Sure... I feel guilt about a lot of things pertaining to my dad's death. Do I think I'm psychic? Not really, but I do believe it has come through me multiple times. I can't help but to wonder how I got the information or who gave it to me. Could it be someone who has given me other information? Was there something I was supposed to do and didn't? Did someone know something, told me... only for it to all just happen anyway as some weird joke? Maybe so. I have even thought that some negative spirit told me and then actually caused it to happen by distracting the driver who was at fault... and I have wondered if they told me just to taunt me because somehow it seems I knew. I have accepted many ideas as a possibility why that happened.

I can only hope that time will tell me why I had these thoughts beforehand. I can only hope that whatever reason his life was taken, it is something I can comprehend and understand. It's funny because if you look at things from multiple angles you can really see how far reaching, yet close and personal that aspect of responsibility can be. It forces you to consider pointing a finger at yourself and it forces you to take a close look at energies around you.
Could it have been a hard lesson, a twisted joke, something coming through you... there's a lot of possibilities to consider. I fear the worst in that respect, that it was both something coming through me and an energy close to me and that is not the only way I feel responsible for it. I feel responsibility in lesser but more direct ways such "if he hadn't of had to drive that day..." kind of stuff.
It's eerie looking back that way, it's humbling, yet it's still angering, it feels that we are intimately close to a chaotic parallel and it pulls at the forgiveness and acceptance of the situation but that is what it is supposed to do as we come closer to understanding. With understanding this life having experienced it there are drawbacks... we have to hope there are also rewards for having to look more closely at understanding. The importance of a unified perspective.

It seems in certain circumstances perhaps, having to face that line of responsibility could seem very important.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Thanks for your input, ThinkingCap, I haven't shared this with many, except my closest friends, and I think people here are more open-minded (well, mostly) then the norm.

My premonition was not in a dream state. It was in the wide-eye-open daylight.

To be fair, I will share a few more details. I was at home on break during my frosh year at college. My dad, bless his heart/soul, had taken a rare day off for the holidays. On this day, it was fairly mild, so he went and played a 18-hole round of golf. Then he came home. I greeted him, as I normally did, with hugs/kisses and a big fat "Daddy Duck (play on name), you're back....so glad to see you, Dad." A couple of hours passed, as relatives were in, and my mom had cooked dinner.

At this point, we were all in the kitchen....

My dad was due to play tennis after the meal....

This is *when* the premonition occur, and just based on my experiences, it was God-driven: "Go hug your dad. Go tell him you love him" was the message I received. AND NO I AM NOT MENTALLY ILL! Which message scared the Hades out of me, (and despite being very awkward among company, etc.), I hugged him and told him I loved him.

Then he went to play indoor tennis.....for about 2 hours...early evening around 7-9 PM on Dec. 17th.

When he returned, he complained he thought he was getting a chest cold, bronchitis, or pneumonia.....
(He also told me my mom was killing him with all of her holiday shenanigans). So, he went to shower, at approx. 9:30 Pm, then he got in bed and never woke up. I was downstairs when I heard my mom screaming....I tried CPR, callled 911, did everything I could...

Why in the hell did I not act on that first intuition/premonition?

Thoughts. appreciated

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

ChaosMagician,

I am so sorry to hear about what happened to you.....a shocking death (like what you & I went through) unlike a death with a diagnosis (and time to face its realities) is much harder to bear to us, left here, But that is only my opinion, of course.

had a lot of thoughts about someone coming to me at school and telling me father was dead and I could hear myself screaming. When it actually happened less than a year later, the same screams were escaping my mouth like a reflex... like before I even knew it I was screaming. It just came out of nowhere.

In your case, did you ever discuss this with anyone over the course of the year?

I understand if you don't reply as it is a very sensitive topic.....

edit on 23-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: i always do...deny ignorance?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
no, I didn't. I thought I was just having one of my stupid daydreams. There was even a time in that year when someone gave me a notebook to write down my thoughts because I was having anxiety and behavior issues... but I never knew what kind of stuff to write about so I never did write much of anything.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1

Thanks for your input, ThinkingCap, I haven't shared this with many, except my closest friends, and I think people here are more open-minded (well, mostly) then the norm.

My premonition was not in a dream state. It was in the wide-eye-open daylight.

To be fair, I will share a few more details. I was at home on break during my frosh year at college. My dad, bless his heart/soul, had taken a rare day off for the holidays. On this day, it was fairly mild, so he went and played a 18-hole round of golf. Then he came home. I greeted him, as I normally did, with hugs/kisses and a big fat "Daddy Duck (play on name), you're back....so glad to see you, Dad." A couple of hours passed, as relatives were in, and my mom had cooked dinner.

At this point, we were all in the kitchen....

My dad was due to play tennis after the meal....

This is *when* the premonition occur, and just based on my experiences, it was God-driven: "Go hug your dad. Go tell him you love him" was the message I received. AND NO I AM NOT MENTALLY ILL! Which message scared the Hades out of me, (and despite being very awkward among company, etc.), I hugged him and told him I loved him.

Then he went to play indoor tennis.....for about 2 hours...early evening around 7-9 PM on Dec. 17th.

When he returned, he complained he thought he was getting a chest cold, bronchitis, or pneumonia.....
(He also told me my mom was killing him with all of her holiday shenanigans). So, he went to shower, at approx. 9:30 Pm, then he got in bed and never woke up. I was downstairs when I heard my mom screaming....I tried CPR, callled 911, did everything I could...

Why in the hell did I not act on that first intuition/premonition?

Thoughts. appreciated

Now that you have told me your story, I find it difficult to put what I want to say next into words. But I'm going to try.

I strongly believe you were contacted, to do just what you did. Give him a hug and tell him you love him. That is what you were meant to do. Nothing more. No guilt. It was clearly his time to pass, and you did everything within your power - which was to relay your love at the end. There was no way for you to know that he was going to die. But please consider that though you miss him greatly, and may feel like he was stolen from you, death is not the end. The way he died, compared to many deaths, sounds like a beautiful death to me. I don't feel comfortable saying any of this, even from the comfort of my keyboard, but please know that this experience you had has many positive aspects to it.

...He died peacefully, and with love by his side. When it is someones time, there is no better way to pass.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Yes, about 4-5 years ago in the springtime I got a feeling I would die in August. Well come August I didn't pass over....However, in early December of the same year my da was diagnosed with Canceer. The tumor grew off his kidney and had mastised onto his liver and lung and was spreading when they found it. The sad new was he passed away on August 17. And another time I actually saw what could be described as "spirits crossing over" into a bright light. I will tell you what I will start a thread about it.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Dear friend,

I can only hope that you don't feel the guilt that I do.

Points to remember:

- your premonitions were vague; and lasted for just a year--futhermore, you were/are young, and I'm sure you were having other daydreams (as was i)
- you didn't have any specificity in your dreams to point *anyone* in one direction or another
- you may or may have not journaled; but probably if you had, and put up your "points" quickly, you would have been judged as "crazy", correct?

Accidents, happen, unfortunately.....

I still feel for your loss....

edit on 23-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: eta

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Thanks for your response; this is one I often am offered by my closest friends (outlined below):

I strongly believe you were contacted, to do just what you did. Give him a hug and tell him you love him. That is what you were meant to do. Nothing more. No guilt. It was clearly his time to pass, and you did everything within your power - which was to relay your love at the end. There was no way for you to know that he was going to die. But please consider that though you miss him greatly, and may feel like he was stolen from you, death is not the end. The way he died, compared to many deaths, sounds like a beautiful death to me. I don't feel comfortable saying any of this, even from the comfort of my keyboard, but please know that this experience you had has many positive aspects to it.

...He died peacefully, and with love by his side. When it is someones time, there is no better way to pass.

It is heart-warming to hear your thoughts...

When I tried to perform CPR ala all those years of lifeguarding as a student "profession", I got no reaction....

The look on his face was one of peace, not pain....I believe he had already crossed over at that point. Which gives me peace....

The problem is I had to resume the role of parent, too...as my mom totally wigged out in shock. To this day, while I love Mom as well; she said I was the reason for his death, as I had gotten into some minor problems my freshman year in college....I will always love her but we don't ever spend the holidays together anymore

My sister, 12 years older than me, received the "death" phone call from me.....I guess she was in deep slumber...as she told me "sorry for your loss" and hung up on me.

So, I do believe, now, that he did have the one closest and most loving to him next to him (as much as possible) when he died.

So many thanks for your listening to me and offering your insight, I am still depressed that he will never be replaced but I can't let it drag me down during the whole season.

I think your name should be Soul thinkingcap, my friend. Many thanks!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

Yes, about 4-5 years ago in the springtime I got a feeling I would die in August. Well come August I didn't pass over....However, in early December of the same year my da was diagnosed with Canceer. The tumor grew off his kidney and had mastised onto his liver and lung and was spreading when they found it. The sad new was he passed away on August 17. And another time I actually saw what could be described as "spirits crossing over" into a bright light. I will tell you what I will start a thread about it.

Dear fnpmitchreturns,

On the outside, looks like a psychological case of transference, did you get your dad's diagnosis prior to your death "feelings"?

Indeed , it is one of the most difficult experiences to lose a parent/child....in our lifetimes...

My heart and spirit are with you, and feel free to contact me (pm, whatever) if you wish to talk.

I appreciate your contribution, and look forward to hearing about your new thread.

Peace. XO/sj

edit on 23-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

heres the timeline

spring 2006 I get the feeling that I will die in August of that year. This was a normal passing thought but a feeling that nagged me.

December 2006 dad get pallops taken off his eshageal airway and he had always had a hianeal hernia and they noticed something that looked precancerous in that area...then when checking out the rest of him found the renal tumor...

August 17, 2007 dad passed .......

no guilt tr

if you loook at a story I posted which happened late 1990 or there abouts..... titled "crossing over Godly or natural ????"

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

sorry duplicate
edit on 23-12-2010 by fnpmitchreturns because: duplicate post

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

and ... I found out before dad passed that his mom took him to the local shaman/pow wow doctor to be blessed. And that my uncles were casket bearers for Nelson Rehmeyer who was murdered by two men in 1928 who were told that he had put a curse on them by another Pow Wow doctor from Columbia, PA ....

wikipeda link en.wikipedia.org...'s_Hollow

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Why would you feel guilty? It's not our choice to change someone's choice to go on. I happen to believe that death is a personal choice. Well, I did feel a little guilt over the last death of a person. I could feel her energy and it was a terrible feeling. I wish there was something I could have done, but I don't think there was anything I could have done to stop her taking her own life. I honestly wasn't that close to her.That was the second time this has happened to me. I sometimes 'hear' it(clairaudience). The first time it happened, I totally ignored it, because it was very subtle. Come to think of it, I wasn't at all close to either persons.

I think I'm very intuitive. I've experienced quite a bit of death in the last five years. The day of my aunt's death, I cried all day. I also 'know' that we are all connected and I think that connection is very strong with those we are close to. I was very close to my father, but knew his death would ease his suffering. We sometimes have a very strong bond with a parent.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1

Dear friend,

I can only hope that you don't feel the guilt that I do.

Points to remember:

- your premonitions were vague; and lasted for just a year--futhermore, you were/are young, and I'm sure you were having other daydreams (as was i)
- you didn't have any specificity in your dreams to point *anyone* in one direction or another
- you may or may have not journaled; but probably if you had, and put up your "points" quickly, you would have been judged as "crazy", correct?

Accidents, happen, unfortunately.....

I still feel for your loss....

edit on 23-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: eta

That's always up in the air... whether or not I could have done anything at all, but there is always the thought... and perhaps it would have been called irrational. These days I no longer care of people call something irrational if i feel strongly enough about it.

Thank you for your thoughts... Perhaps in your case with you dealing with your guilt, maybe too much of it has been inappropriately placed upon you by others and this is the main root of those feelings.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

spring 2006 I get the feeling that I will die in August of that year. This was a normal passing thought but a feeling that nagged me.

December 2006 dad get pallops taken off his eshageal airway and he had always had a hianeal hernia and they noticed something that looked precancerous in that area...then when checking out the rest of him found the renal tumor...

August 17, 2007 dad passed .......

It sounds as if you are/were (I hate past tense) very close to your dad.

You clearly are, or you wouldn't have those thoughts/feelings/even some symptoms before his diagnosis, and his passing on/over within a year, IMO...

What lineages are you, if you don't mind my asking, because I have a touch of several NA bloodline, especially on my dad's bloodline as well?

And did he undergo traditional or alternative medicine treatments?

Cancer is a hideous thing to go through...I guess I should count my blessings on the fact that my dad did not overtly show signs of the disease through check-ups. I think stress contributed to his death. Supposedly, he had a massive heart attack after the golf, but before the tennis....this is perhaps what I picked up on....no, I still think it was God who told me...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Onboard2

Why would you feel guilty? It's not our choice to change someone's choice to go on. I happen to believe that death is a personal choice.

Because he told me he was physically feeling very bad when he returned home after playing tennis that night. I should have thrown him in the car, and taken him to the doctor....or called 911.

However, he also told me immediately after that my mom was "killing" him, and I think he meant that quite literally as I had left for university in August; I had always been there, and he and she were "empty nesters" from August up until December?

Maybe he was awaiting my return so that he could die; knowing I would proceed with everything, and she would freak out....maybe that's a reason....

I think I'm very intuitive. I've experienced quite a bit of death in the last five years. The day of my aunt's death, I cried all day. I also 'know' that we are all connected and I think that connection is very strong with those we are close to. I was very close to my father, but knew his death would ease his suffering. We sometimes have a very strong bond with a parent.

I am so sorry to hear about your losses. I really can't say if it is better to be prepared for a loved one's death or for it to happen suddenly. And, yes, like you as well, I am very sensitive to those close to me and "knew" the day my mother-in-law (who was more like a mom to me) died a couple of years ago. My husband is/was closest to his mom when I got the news, and so I just told him "I really need you now....you must come home" as I could not break the news over the phone....she lived overseas, too...imagine packing in a teary fog....

Thanks for your input; I'm having a hard time time, as I always do, making a cheery holiday for my family....but knowing everyone else important to me has passed on during the winter.~

edit on 23-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Sonjah1, I know how you feel. I'm saddened that Christmas isn't what it once was for me, but we go on for those still in our lives. Have a nice Christmas.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Growing up I had an uncle that I was very close to. Some of my best times a kid were spent with him fishing, or just doing stuff around his farm. I think I was about 12 or 13 when he fell ill.

A bit before Christmas my parents had gone to see him in the hospital and left my aunt and me home. I was in my room and almost ready for bed. I just wondered in my head, " I wonder if he will make it?"

I got a really strong reply / feeling, "No, he will die on Christmas morning." I believed it. I felt like I "knew it" just as a matter of fact. But, I kept it to myself.

That was the hardest thing - I was just a kid and all the rest of his family had such hopes of him getting better. I hoped I was wrong, but felt I wasn't. I couldn't bring myself to tell them.

One morning when she woke me up my mom told me that he had passed away earlier that morning. I was sleepy and with everything going on it wasn't really too much like Christmas that year around the house. I asked her what day it was and she said, "Christmas". I just said, "Oh"...

The guilt for me wasn't that I knew - it was that nobody else did. That even though I knew I couldn't make it easier on anyone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join