It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Police Minister Warns on Jewish Extremists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Israel's Police Minister Warns That Jewish Extremists Are Plotting Assassinations of Politicians
abcnews.go.com...

Hanegbi told Israel TV's Channel Two on Tuesday that he was concerned about growing violence. "I have no doubt ... that there are people who have already decided that, when the time comes, they will save the people of Israel," he said. "They will assassinate the prime minister, a minister, an army official or a police official ... They don't always succeed and they don't always have the means to carry out the acts. But we are not lacking extremists."

Sanc'.
edit: title

[edit on 6-7-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I think this is a statement made by a wise man, with secondary motives.
Showing that in his country, that has problems with Muslim extremists, there is such a thing as extremists of other religeons. This is a very important statement from an Israeli Official imho.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
This is a very important statement from an Israeli Official imho.

Yes matrix, but i'm confused. Could this be disinformation?
Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
There are extremists in all groups. Rabin was assassinated by an Israeli as you all remember.

It is important for Israel to distance themselves from those extremists as well. It would be very difficult for Israel to criticize some extremists and not take action against others, so this is a good move.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Would you call the ultra-orthodox chasidic Rabbi Dr. Baruch Goldstein an "extremist" or a "terrorist" ?

I seem to notice a "double standard" in the nomenclature in the American Press at least.

It is curious how when an Israeli commits acts of Terrorism (like the one who shot to death a sitting Prime Minister of Israel) or threatens to do something like it, he is called an "extremist"---------- whereas when there is a Muslim (or anyoine who is not Jewish) who plots to do the same thing, he/she is called a "terrorist" :

(and for those of you-who-do-not-know who Dr Rabbi Baruch Goldstein was, he was the rabidly anti-Palestinian "Brooklyn Born Orthodox Rabbi" living in a particularly violent (and illegal) "settlement" in Hebron who opened fire with an automatic weapon and killed 29 Muslim worshippers in cold blood in the Cave of the Patriarchs Massacre in Hebron in Feb of 1994).

Apparently he took all the genocidal vomit placed into the mouth of YHWH in the Torah to heart (Deuteronomy chapter 20 and Deuteronomy chapter 13 for example).

These are just one of a number of "things that make you go.....hmmmmmmmm!"

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Apparently he took all the genocidal vomit placed into the mouth of YHWH in the Torah to heart (Deuteronomy chapter 20 and Deuteronomy chapter 13 for example).

Since I haven't read any of your other posts I'm going to go out on a limb here and hope that you're capable of making posts without insulting other people's beliefs.

That said, let me address the "normal" part of your post. I consider Goldstein (he's a rabbi like bin laden is an imam, please spare us) an extremist. As I stated numerous times anyone who commits acts of murder or terror in the name of religion is an extremist who drags his religion's reputation through the mud.

It is indeed unfortunate that a viewpoint like yours proves my opinion right that the acts of extremists do in fact portray religions in a bad light.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
I think this is a statement made by a wise man, with secondary motives.
Showing that in his country, that has problems with Muslim extremists, there is such a thing as extremists of other religeons. This is a very important statement from an Israeli Official imho.

I agree, you almost never NEVER see an Israeli being critical of another. What we need to do is remove the extreem elements from both sides and maybe peace will have a chance

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeus
Would you call the ultra-orthodox chasidic Rabbi Dr. Baruch Goldstein an "extremist" or a "terrorist" ?
It is curious how when an Israeli commits acts of Terrorism (like the one who shot to death a sitting Prime Minister of Israel) or threatens to do something like it, he is called an "extremist"---------- whereas when there is a Muslim (or anyoine who is not Jewish) who plots to do the same thing, he/she is called a "terrorist" :

It is very curious, but iot is well known that Isreal imployes several PR firms in the states and thier lobby is waaaaaay powerfull (kind of like the NRA on steroids) so im not surprised to see it charecterized that way.

Its not just the Palistinian issue:
A dictator that friendly to us is a "Strongman"
A insurgent that we like are called "Freedom Fighters"

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The opponents of Disengagement plan / withdrawal are at work on three levels.

The first is religious: winning halachic rulings from rabbis forbidding the evacuation of settlements and any concession of territory.

In response to the growing controversy, the Chief Rabbinical Council council issued a statement saying that halacha forbids the use of force in relation to any political conflict.

The second is public relations: trying to persuade people in uniform to refuse to participate in the evacuation, and trying to enlist tens of thousands to help the settlers in Gaza and the northern West Bank when the day comes.

The third level involves force: threats against elected representatives of the public and officials involved in the disengagement operation, above all, the prime minister.

[edit on 7-7-2004 by Riwka]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I beleive that the best way for Israel and Jewish people should act is to follow the promises that God have made to them. Israel is God's time peace, to summerize prophacy it is promised by God that he will defend Israel from her enemies, and those who smite her shall be smitten in kind.
Besides that they are also told in the promise from God Israel shall return to her land and take ownership by his will. I am note guoting directly word for word what the Bible says but in the spirit of what it says should it not be the Israeli goal to go with what God has promissed her. Because in what I have read and know God is the dustruction of her enemies,Israel is to good to lessen themselves by following with a trend set forth by world events......just leave it in God's hands

new topics

top topics

join