It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush vs Kerry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Foreign policy
Bush: After straining relations with major European allies and the United Nations over war in Iraq, Bush has shifted his foreign policy focus to the spread of democracy by pushing a Greater Middle East Initiative that would aim to resolve the region�s political, economic and social problems through democratic reform. The president, criticized for the failure to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, is also pursuing a policy that seeks to unravel the black market in nuclear components and block programs in North Korea and Iran, countries he has labeled an �axis of evil� along with prewar Iraq.
Kerry: While insisting he would never cede U.S. security to any other nation and would use force when required, Kerry envisions �a new era of alliances� to replace what he sees as the White House�s go-it-alone approach to foreign policy. He has pledged to restore diplomacy as a tool of U.S. foreign policy, treat the United Nations as a �full partner� and pursue collective security arrangements. His inner circle of foreign policy advisers features prominent Democratic veterans, including some figures from the Clinton days.

Seems Bush is still on the warmongering path. He's bound to bring us into a WW3 if he plans to attack Korea and China/Russia (they have a treaty) get involved. Kerry seems more interested in renewing alliances and not give time for the US to rebuild rather than drown the US in debt due to war funding. Also, take note of how Bush labels the "axis of evil." When there's Allies and there's an Axis, then there's bound to be a war o.O. I agree we have to take care of NK but please, of all things, do not have Bush take care of NK.

Aside from that, I've nothing else to point out. I'm all for Kerry even though I often stay neutral in such situations and go with the best candidate.

And yes, I'm aware of the fact that politicians lie

new topics

join