It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, South will pulverize Pyongyang if North takes bait (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
North Korea says it's ready to use its nuclear deterrent in what it calls a 'sacred war' against the South. The North's defence minister's statement was reported by state media there. The minister accused Seoul of deliberately stoking tension by staging successive joint military drills with the U.S. next to the North's territory.

This war issue never ends. The hate between Koreas is a danger that threatens the entire world. Year after year we faces WW3.
Seriously, These guys looks like spoiled children. Both deserve a slap on their butts to calm down.

Why cant they just stop fighting and worry about their citizens?

edit on 23-12-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If I was North Korea, I would take Iran's approach and not do anything. Don't attack! The South does not want the NK government anymore so the U.S. is telling the South to provoke as much as it can. China has made it clear that it wants nothing to do with North Korea by not defending NK vocally. Russia is sitting back waiting for the pieces to move, while the U.S. is pushing and pushing the north to make that one mistake. If North Korea does not react or make a move, then it sucks for EVERYONE.
There is nothing the north can do anyway. The U.S. has already moved to protect Japan from any missiles as well as South Korea too.

Keep the stalemate going and it'll annoy everyone.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I think what North Korea is really saying you leave us alone and we will leave you alone. Most are coming to the realization that the South probably started this conflict, it wouldn't be the first time a war was started by a false flag. The smallest dog always yaps the loudest, he knows he's the small dog, let him be he'll go back to sleep. The big dog may not have to bark his presence is intimidation enough.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Thank you for sharing this video. It never fails to amaze me, that those with power have such little value for human life. There are so many confused, unhealthy, and oppressed people inside of North Korea. And it does not appear as if this is going to end well for them either.

We have the technology to make the leaders of North Korea's hearts explode in their chest, yet we have to wage possible nuclear warfare?
edit on 23-12-2010 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I watched the video and agree with most of the comments in it except for the title. USA can answer only symmetrically - bomb for bomb, or USA will trigger WW3. If USA is ready to bomb again after Hiroshima, Russia and China must expect preemptive strikes. In WW3 scenario the chance of survival has only the aggressor if his preemptive strike is big enough to neutralize most of the opponent's deterrence and to make the retaliation useless and suicidal (in such case, the next wave of ICBM will be against US cities and not military object). That is the sad truth, known by all who study the options of WW3.. Putin will take no risks, be sure in that.

As of North Korea, the following little known statement of US defense secretary William Perry sheds light of what the propaganda stories of 6-12 bombs mean in real terms. Similar propaganda was about the Pakistani bomb. One may have a "paper tiger" with 100-200 nukes loaded to cargo ships with Scuds capable of producing EMP over USA and God knows what more. There will be survivors in NK bunkers/rocks, but USA will never be the same. I doubt USA will want any experiments with that. USA will allow the Koreas to battle conventionally hoping for the South victory and supplying conventional tomahawks, but not putting its own mainland on the risk of retaliation of someone who is already nuked and is ready for everything.

By the way, don't believe so much the Japanese friendship either. They await the right moment to build their own might.

www.tribalwar.com...
"It was May of 1994, nine years ago, when the US military planners had first realized that North Korea had the bomb and devised nuclear attack plans under William Perry, the then US Secretary of Defense. Perry had estimated that North Korea would have about 100 nuclear warheads by 2000. Dr. Kim Myong Chul, an expert on Kim Jong Il's war plans, has recently confirmed that North Korea has more than 100 nukes including hydrogen bombs."

edit on 23-12-2010 by Gliese581 because: correction

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
We will threaten, talk big, cause much trouble, get CNN to show our propaganda, frighten the world and then do nothing again.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Gliese581

I watched the video and agree with most of the comment except for the title

Hello, thanks for posting.

I used the title provided by the youtube video.

"It was May of 1994, nine years ago, when the US military planners had first realized that North Korea had the bomb and devised nuclear attack plans under William Perry, the then US Secretary of Defense. Perry had estimated that North Korea would have about 100 nuclear warheads by 2000. Dr. Kim Myong Chul, an expert on Kim Jong Il's war plans, has recently confirmed that North Korea has more than 100 nukes including hydrogen bombs."

This is a lot of Nukes.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
America and S.Korea are just as bad as N.Korea here.

Considering American's have killed more people than the N.Koreans in the last few years, i think they have a lot of nerve with this bait and spin.

If as you Americans like to accuse N.Korea of being a 'yapping dog', then America is the 'playground bully'.

Peace not war.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
They are starving their own goddamn people.

They launch large rockets into the sea of Japan, kill SK civilians/troops, build nuclear plants, obtain nuclear weapons, test them and DIRECTLY THREATEN Soeul and US interests in the region and nothing is done exception sanction NK foreign banking and imports.

Either it's because there is NO OIL or because US is scared of, another, Chinese Proxy War.
I suppose NK will target SK civilians directly, and US/SK will attack Military infrastructure.

edit on 23-12-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

The power changeover and the small but mighty size of NK has them flexing their muscles today. Give it a few weeks and the whole thing will go away. US does not want war, and is waging war of small or large scale on about 200 fronts per PBS, both in wars of resistance or aggression, in order to wage peace.

Problem is, the world has too many leaders in small nations that are trying to control their internal affairs with external brouhaha. Media makes it look horrible, but it's just everyday power struggles. I wouldn't worry too much about the saber-rattling NKs. It's a cultural thing there.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I thought to post the same video, thank you for posting! I object the title of the video and the idea that because S.Korea is allied with USA, therefore everything that USA has is automatically at South's disposal. Even if Lee starts the war first.

Russia follows its interests, and surely will take neutrality in the case of conventional war.

I hope the readers of this thread realize, that IF the war goes nuclear and especially if USA uses one or more of its warheads, the questions in the other capitals will be not who will win on the peninsula, but who will be bombed next.

Here I present some WW3 strategies. They are still actual. Only the response time is not 15 minutes but less than 120 seconds as the Russian general of Rocket forces said when the two satellites collided over Siberia. Obviously they were afraid of an EMP disguised as Iridium satellite, or an explosion from the Soviet time nuclear powered 1ton satellite Cosmos. Less than 2 minutes! Imagine USA explodes not one but ten bombs in response to one North's. The WW3 is guaranteed. That's why USA won't do it. Besides, USA could be attacked by "terrorists" with KGB suitcases too. Check internet.

Korea Radiation Surge Detected Days After Hydrogen Bomb Claims
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Surprise nuclear missile attack www.wnd.com...
Posted: November 11, 1999
By J.R. Nyquist
© 2010 WorldNetDaily.com
Surprise nuclear missile attack, part 2 www.wnd.com...

edit on 23-12-2010 by Gliese581 because: video

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
They are starving their own goddamn people.

True, while NK propaganda and filtered news from NK shows anything but that, some aid workers and others who have been in and out have reported poverty and starvation throughout the north, and talk of people eating from corpses and insects to survive.

They launch large rockets into the sea of Japan, kill SK civilians/troops, build nuclear plants, obtain nuclear weapons, test them and DIRECTLY THREATEN Soeul and US interests in the region and nothing is done exception sanction NK foreign banking and imports.

Also, Pakistan got their nuclear technology from NK, as well as Iran, how can we know they have not given smaller tactical nukes to terrorists, or even sold them to them?... Or perhaps want the mainland US to suffer devastating attacks at the hands of "Al Qaeda" terrorists?

Either it's because there is NO OIL or because US is scared of, another, Chinese Proxy War.

What is it?...

Chinese and other allies of theirs would love to see the US in as many wars as possible, and to see the US collapse completely to create the opportunity for global economic domination and unified military supremacy.

The most sinister proxy that WILL be used against the US and western allies will be "Al Qaeda".

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by willie9696

NK started shelling on SK land. Within SK boundaries. NK started this situation by provoking the SK.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by willie9696

NK started shelling on SK land. Within SK boundaries. NK started this situation by provoking the SK.

LOL... What?

SK openly admitted they FIRED INTO NORTH KOREAN WATERS IN THE NOTHERN PART OF THE YELLOW SEA... This caused NK to attack the garrisons on the SK island.

This is known, reported and factual.. Even by MSM networks like CNN and FOX.

Do you only get your news from ATS??..

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

This was the first action:

North Korea reportedly fired artillery shells into its own waters northeast of South Korea’s Baengnyeong Island in the Yellow Sea around 9 a.m. on Wednesday. An official at the Joint Chiefs of Staff in Seoul said that several artillery shells landed in waters north of the inter-Korean maritime border.

The artillery—more than 50 rounds, according to island residents speaking on YTN—was fired from positions south of the North Korean city of Haeju. The attack started at 2:34 p.m. local time, according to residents who were speaking on the TV network. There were no immediate reports of injuries. About 1,200 people live on the island, which is 10 kilometers south of the tip of North Korea's south coast. The attack is the second by North Korea this year against South Korea in the maritime border area of the Yellow Sea. In March, a North Korean submarine torpedoed and sank a South Korean warship near an island about 40 miles west of the island that was hit Tuesday.

What part of this don't you understand. Shelling a " boundary line" also known as the maritime line is not my idea of innocence.

Also make note of the NK submarine that sank Sk ship. Does that not suggest an act of war in your head?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gliese581

Thanks mate. Good information in your post.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It seems that the South and US really want to provoke the north and start a war.. I think the North ahould ignore this if they are wise enough.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Really America is just as bad as N. Korea. Ignorance is bliss.

Don't get wrong we have huge issue with a military industrial complex gone nuts for profit but to say we are just as bad is nuts. It kinda like saying Muslim men really treat their women with a deep respect.

new topics

top topics

join