It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'You Killed Our Future!' - Man Throws Himself from Balcony in Romanian Parliament

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This is what happens when people loose faith.

I don't even know what to say about this video.

Enjoy?

Romania's Parliament cancelled a no-confidence vote on Thursday after a father whose payments for his disabled child had been cut by the Romanian government leapt from a balcony in his country's parliament in protest at the decision. He was not seriously injured. A loud thud reverberated in the chamber after the man, Adrian Sobaru - identified by the country's public television station as one of its engineers - hit the benches shortly after Prime Minister Emil Boc greeted the lawmakers. As he jumped, he could be heard shouting: 'Boc, you've taken away the rights of our children'. Mr Sobaru, who suffered fractures to the face, and other non life-threatening injuries, was able to get into the parliament because he works as an electrician for the national television station. He then shouted "Liberty and Justice" as he was taken to hospital. He was also wearing a T-shirt with the slogan: 'You've killed our future', according to reports.

edit on 23-12-2010 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I can't help but laugh at the man sitting down nearest the camera, he doesn't even flinch! Probably too busy trying to beat his high score on 'Helicopter' or 'Tetris', you know, really important stuff.

Anyway, the jumper wasn't seriously hurt, so all if good.

Except for all the horrific corruption, of course.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Maybe this will teach the jumper man to jump higher next time.

Ulitimate FAIL !!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
He needs a new shirt saying "you killed our future, and I didn't come close to killing myself"

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

And who says politicians are stupid?
As if falling like a bag of beans off the ledge is really going to make a difference?

Now I've seen it all

edit on 23-12-2010 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
That was Awesome!

I thought that was one of the best examples of dramatic peaceful protest I’ve ever seen. I wouldn't be surprised if it has a massive impact on that legislation, Look at the guy at the podium, he's almost in tears (whether or not he's just a big sissy, who knows).

I'm sure the protester knew he would not die from a jump that low (unless something went terribly wrong). He was just trying to get a message across for his disabled child, what good would a dead father be.

** Standing in the front of the building with a sign to protest = NO Impact

** Jumping off a second story balcony and screaming out your protest = BIG Impact (pun intended)

If more Americans had balls as big as his things might actually change around here. Of coarse after the first couple happenings of this sort, all government buildings with above level balconies would be enclosed in $50,000.00 panes of glass (at the taxpayers expense ; ).

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I think we are losing our collective minds.

honestly

edit on 033131p://bThursday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
one word gggrrreeeaaattt

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I see a lof of people laughing at the man for not killing himself and making puns.

But what you don't know is that in his family he is the only one who works because the wife needs to take care of the disabled child so if he died he would have killed his family too.

And believe me this will have no impact on anything.

If more than half of the police force, fire dept. and some military started a protest illegaly threatening to enter the parliament building didn't have any impact except for getting their salaries cut and being fired.

The only way to make an impact in this country is to give them a coup ... or another revolution ...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Agreed. After they have cut the salaries and raised the VAT (both 25%), the gvt is still messing around with the people, not realizing that their situation is starting to look a little bleak.

Soon people will stop accepting crap and maybe actually think for once not for themselves, but for the future of their country (world, whatever), as this isn't a matter that affects individuals, but the entire country.

Let them have their fun for now.

new topics

top topics

join