It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Warfare In 21st Century America

page: 1

join
share:
df1

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
By Michael Goodspeed 7-6-04

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off..." -Tyler Durden, in Chuck Pahlaniuk's "Fight Club"

Upon hearing the term "serial killer," the mind's eye tends to conjure gruesome images from Hollywood films. It envisions Norman Bates stabbing furiously while donning female garb, Hannibal Lecter eating human flesh while quoting Carlyle, and Michael Meyers and other masked monsters slaughtering indiscriminately while simply refusing to die. If we are to believe the majority of Hollywood films, serial killers are near-supernatural beasts who have tapped into a malevolent cosmic force, bestowing them with intellectual genius and inhuman physical strength.

The truth about serial killers is far more mundane. A century of observation has enabled experts to create a fairly reliable serial killer "profile": a large majority are white (84%), heterosexual (86%), male (90%), and typically between the age of 20-30 when beginning their crimes (70%, with another 26% beginning in their teens.)
www.rense.com...

A really amazing article which touches at the heart of what is wrong with america. Our social structures be they religious or secular are dysfunctional lacking even the most basic framework needed to start setting things right. This is not something I lay only on society, I lay it on myself as well. At this time I am examining self and trying to determine what I can personally do to turn this tide. I suggest that this is something we must all do or the dream of america is dead.

[edit on 6-7-2004 by df1]

join