It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This website is too depressing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This website is depressing I'm gonna take a break maybe permanently get off. Either way bye!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Uhh... Happy Holidays?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Second line.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Only if you look at it that way.

I don't see how/why this is a general conspiracy though..

Could of put this in rant...

well mod put it in rant quick...
edit on 23-12-2010 by thecinic because: got sent to rant was in general conspiracy

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

If you're still on-line, what is *most* depressing about the website to ya?

I enjoy your posts.

In true ATS style, state your reasons! Please.....

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
Could of put this in rant...

Check again.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This site is depressed, meh thats what happens when you put humans in charge of everything..

Its not our fault.. we just report it..

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
How is it depressing? This site is for reading news and that's it. You probably stay on this website for hours. You're depressing and you're blaming ATS.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
well if your depressed now . just wait till the depressing stuff comes home, and guess what happens then, you cant turn that off or take a break!!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
With such a massive influx of news and conspiracy, it may just be an information overload. Don't blame ya~

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
This website is depressing I'm gonna take a break maybe permanently get off. Either way bye!

I hate goodbyes

Well, I do hope you'll check in now and again, we'll miss you.
Live life though, sometimes a break from here is a good thing, hope you have some fun while on your break

Merry Xmas....

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This website is mentally stimulating..how that is then interpreted is subjective of course...you can become depressed, or amused, enlightened, etc..

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I will admit I had more than a few wtf moments in the past and some things can be extremely depressing but generally speaking its what you make of your experience here. If you come here already depressed its little wonder you will leave more depressed.

Most of the time good news don't make the headlines, only the bad news do. "If you can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen" comes to mind! In any case, a one liner "this site is too depressing and I am quitting" fails to prove anything.....

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Relax... Its better to laugh about the absurdity in the world.. Regardless where one goes there will always be things that are "depressing" ...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Sorry to say it, but many of your remarks and opinions, IMO are NOT CONDUCIVE to helping a depressed person out.

Walk in another's shoes for once; have some empathy, please!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Honestly, these "Goodbye" threads are usually attention seeking devices and are not sincere in the least. I don't want to sound crass or mean when I say this, but it is truth.

Anything, including ATS is what you chose to make of it. I've been to some heinous websites in my day. I've been to a few that started off great and then went downhill drastically. When this happened I simply did not return. No pomp, no statements. I just clicked that magical little red "X" and that was that.

If you've had a meltdown moment and got frustrated with ATS... Then I feel you. We've all been there. I know I have. Anyone who frequents chat can attest that I've had several "What the Hell is wrong with this place." moments. It's natural and it happens. But things come into focus quickly for me and I realize that ATS is a community - and in any community we're going to run into folks we don't understand or agree with. There is no way of controlling it.

So... My advice. Take a break. Relax. Get refocused and then come back with the understanding that everything, including ATS needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

~Heff

new topics

top topics

join