It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lesbians make more money than straight women (And nobody really knows why)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Lesbians make more money than straight women (And nobody really knows why)

www.boingboing.net

Statistically, women are paid less than men for the same jobs. But here's something I didn't realize—lesbian women are paid more than straight women.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Well there ya have it...

Looks like me like children of lesbian couples would be better off financially and thus more advantaged than children of straight couples who both work.

This is a very interesting piece of information, and yet another indicator as to why being gay can be a very good thing, especially if you happen to be female.

What do you think?

www.boingboing.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Because the lesbians announce their preference and use it as a means of " discrimination " tactics against their employers. Paying them more is easier than fighting in court.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Because the lesbians announce their preference and use it as a means of " discrimination " tactics against their employers. Paying them more is easier than fighting in court.

Oh then I wanna hear your reason as to why Men get paid more than straight women?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Becuase as the saying goes..its a mans workd out thier* and hwat man dosnt like too at leat imgaine a hot sexy lesibian working for him, so he use his imgination*

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Lesbians are hot!

That's why... I can't believe these retards can't find a reason...

Let me repeat...it's because it turns most guys on to imagine two chicks getting it on...

DUH !!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Its a mans world, we created it, we built the infrastructure, and most importantly, we make the rules!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Generally...lesbian women leave it later in life to have children, if at all...which means a longer lived career and therefore the ability to demand higher pay.

Example: Straight woman starts her career in, let's say, Education. She starts out as a teacher and works her way up to head of the English department...she then gets married, decides that now is the right time to have kids etc as she can go back to her job afterwards and all will be good!...She has her first child, takes a year out, goes back to work for a year and then decides that she would like another child, so another year out and also the possibility of a few days off here and there due to parental duties...sick kids etc.

Lesbian woman starts her career in Education. She starts out as a teacher and works her way up to head of department...as head of History, she is asked to stand in for her colleague, Head of English, who happens to be on maternity leave, until suitable cover is found...this gains her a nice little pay rise and also looks pretty good on paper!

Job opening for deputy head/principle arises.....who's going to get it?

OR.....it could be the occultist illuminati and their big old Gay agenda..

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Well, certainly with most of the lesbian women I've known over the years, one of their predominant character traits was a slightly more "forward" attitude in dealing with men. It just seems to me that if some lesbians behave more like men -- or perhaps think more like them -- then they have a better chance of making progress in a "man's world" than straight women who have (after all) an entirely different self-image (for one thing) and a different peer-group support system (for another), along with an inability to truly "compete" in terms of what lesbians and men both find attractive. In other words it's about commonality of thought and language, to some degree.

Okay, to give you some idea what I mean without all the technical stuff and two-dollar words, here's a true tale from my distant past when I was still young and single, that pretty much explains what I'm on about.

I was at a club one night with Wends (nickname for Wendy), a lesbian friend of mine. So there we are, just sitting at the bar and chatting away when a really drop-dead gorgeous women walks in. We both look at her and try not to stare and then we go "Wow..." together. (Actually it was a stronger word than "wow" but you know what I mean.) Whatever, so we go "Wow" and then Wends grins at me and jokingly says, "You can't have her. She's mine."

I shake my head. "She's straight, Wends."

Wends grimaces and rolls her eyes. "Ohhh... what a waste!"

Regards,
Mike
edit on 23/12/10 by JustMike because: typos

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Looks like me like children of lesbian couples would be better off financially and thus more advantaged than children of straight couples who both work.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Well, that's a reach. I don't think we have enough data, or clear enough definitions ("more advantaged"?) to make a call.

In the meantime, maybe just to be safe, only bisexual Koreans should be allowed to procreate or raise children.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Here's a thought, lesbians remove a lot of sexual tension from a work relationship with either a male or female boss. Here's my theory, for a male boss(and I'm speaking from experience). You tend to look at a lesbian employee as quite stable, You usually don't need to worry about inner office dating or the posibilty of having an unexpected pregnancy leave compared to straight women. As a male I always kind of looked at lesbians as guys, I know that sounds funny but it's true. Now I'm speculating from the female boss perspective, so correct me if I'm wrong. Either the single or married female employee is sometimes seen as competition both physically and mentally. Maybe they got "overlooked" for a promotion etc. And of course straight women are far more likely to have children, let's face it, it's easier and more likely. So there are the preconceived ideas and prejudices that influence work relationships whether we admit it or not.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

The corporate world is run by men. So yeah naturally men go hey lesbians we have to pay them more maybe they will make out!!!

*sigh*

Any stats on gay men? As a woman I'd pay them more, two hot guys are better than one

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I don't know why but I have noticed a trend in my places of work.

Every open lesbian I've worked with was a manager...every last one of them... Granted that number is only 3

EDIT: Maybe this thread says something more about lesbians who admit rather than lesbians in general.
edit on 12/23/2010 by Josonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Its a mans world, we created it, we built the infrastructure, and most importantly, we make the rules!

We created it? You mean other than the people?

You do realize that according to Sumerian creation myth, the women actually brought bread and beer to men right? In the old days, only the women had the recipes to the beer...

Methinks you have a shallow perception of history.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josonic
I don't know why but I have noticed a trend in my places of work.

Every open lesbian I've worked with was a manager...every last one of them... Granted that number is only 3

EDIT: Maybe this thread says something more about lesbians who admit rather than lesbians in general.
edit on 12/23/2010 by Josonic because: (no reason given)

That's a good point... perhaps it is seen as a sign of strength that one would be open about something as touchy as that...

Either that, or the process of coming out helps to fortify the resolve.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I think maybe it is because that the straight women have their boyfriend or husband to depend on , so they usually don't devote themselves into their career, by contrast,the lesbians are more independent in many aspects.

new topics

top topics

join