It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you crazy? Take the test...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Can you tickle yourself? If you can...well, bad news..your mind may be somewhat fractured.
So, give it a try...tickle yourself...tickle your feet, tickle your ribs, wherever your tickle spots are..if it is like someone else is doing it...then yep, time to perhaps see a doc..

Source

To test the idea, the researchers had schizophrenics play tit-for-tat against themselves. Schizophrenics have trouble recognizing their own actions—that is, they often attribute their behavior to an alien source. Some can even tickle themselves. If our brains discount the feeling of our own actions to help us differentiate between self-generated and externally generated sensations, then a group of subjects who can’t make this distinction might simply be missing this sensory reduction. In that case, reasoned Wolpert and his team, schizophrenics should be better at playing tit-for-tat by the rules. And they were. When the robot pushed on the fingers of schizophrenics they were much better at pushing back on themselves with the same amount of force the robot had applied. Their brains didn’t discount the consequences of their own actions as much as the brains of healthy subjects did.

I tried...I am absurdly ticklish, but naa, It wasn't very tickly when I did it to myself...how about you?

Remember, just because you may be nuts, does not mean your not interesting anyhow

edit on 23-12-2010 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Good News!!! No tickle . . . I am so relieved that I am not crazy. Now you have a nice day . . . I gotta run . . . that damned giraffe is out trying to get apples off my pine tree again!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

Couldn't resist this holiday greeting as I already had it on my clip art thumb drive..........and you don't have a comments section opened.

Happy holidays!

Your post was witty, cute and made me chuckle.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/331ddf3598c8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I can't tickle myself, but if I jab a fork into my own leg it still hurts. What does that mean?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

I can't tickle myself, but if I jab a fork into my own leg it still hurts. What does that mean?

It means your not done yet.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
While trying your experiment on the sides of my stomach (worst place) my fingers slipped south and it felt weird then. What does that mean?

Anywho I was not ticklish....

....... or was I......??

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I hope I don't have any more than 2 of me in there/here

My feet are very ticklish. No one can touch them, unless they are being rough with them. Including me. I stepped on a mosquito last summer, had the hardest time. I had to scratch with a knife, because my feet are too ticklish for me to scratch.
It tickles way too much
Does that mean I'm broken?
Oh well, sanity is highly over rated anyways.

These tests for craziness never turn out good :shk:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I don't know how you people are trying to tickle yourself
but I sure found a good way...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

-smiles politely and steps away slowly-
there is nothing wrong with you...nothing at all...ooh, look...birdies..
-bolts-

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df4c2042fa78.jpg[/atsimg]

Happy Holidays to one and all.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I can't tickle myself - a good test subject would be "Tickle Me Elmo"!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

He He, I thank you Very much for that! Merry Christmas . . . or whichever greeting you prefer . . . to you and yours, may it be a safe, joyful, and memorable holiday.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
i can tickle my feet a little but, but not like if it was someone else doing it.

, try tickling the roof of your mouth with a finger though. that is horrible

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
i can tickle my feet a little but, but not like if it was someone else doing it.

, try tickling the roof of your mouth with a finger though. that is horrible

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Nah, no ticklish feelin whatsoever. Honestly I have TRIED
like true an acrobat, to tickle meself all over

It's a bit of a bummer though. Hoped I was crazier then the most craziest looney out (t)here

No nut-bucket for me or a long stay in a far far away looney bin, hidden in a secret place.

Any Alien out (t)here who wants to try to tickle me?

edit on 12/26/2010 by Melyanna Tengwesta because: (no reason given)

top topics

join