It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the 911 commemorative coin have a FBI insignia ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

Because some loon at some company thought it would be appropriate..

National Collector’s Mint is an independent, private corporation not affiliated with, endorsed, or licensed by the U.S. government or the U.S. Mint

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Because some loon at some company thought it would be appropriate..

National Collector’s Mint is an independent, private corporation not affiliated with, endorsed, or licensed by the U.S. government or the U.S. Mint

Yeah, and what about that big war ship they have near the Towers? Are these folks dumb or something

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Meh, when I first saw this silly thing on TV, laughed heartily at the "pop up" coin. But yeah, I guess they are trying to tug at the heart strings of the war-mongers and G-men wannabe's out there.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Maybe it will serve to remind the FBI how they have utterly failed to
bring the perpetrators of 911 to justice.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I think that is meant to represent a new Navy vessel that was partly constructed of steel recycled from the World Trade Center.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap
I'm confused

The only thing this proves is that you can sell dog sh*t to people if you know how to market it properly. I collect coins as a side hobby and even I'm offended by this thing. It's an unrepentent self serving attempt to make a quick buck off the 9/11 tragedy.

If you want to collect coins then buy a Morgan or a walking liberty, not this diseased monkey excrement.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The f.b.i on the coin ?
A reward for a job well done, of course.
they were instrumental in blocking
major avenues of Investigation, Remember ?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Since the FBI claims they never found the flight recorder boxes from the planes, it kinda seems like a " slap" in the face to the WTC.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by hooper

I think that is meant to represent a new Navy vessel that was partly constructed of steel recycled from the World Trade Center.

The newly launched SS New York... yes some steel was reforged and used in its construction.....

I wonder about the corporate status of this company "National Collector’s Mint"... they display no business identity information, and I expect they are a foreign entity incorporated in NY just for the marketing of this 'coin'.... I suspect Liberia.... its sort of their specialty since they have a 'status' with the state department allowing them to legitimately "mint" what can legally be termed "US coins."

Somebody out there got anything on these people?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

from their web site:

National Collector’s Mint is a nationally recognized coin and collectibles company located in Port Chester, NY. Founded in 1991 by Avram C. Freedberg , the company has grown from a small two-person operation to a company of more than 100 people. Former U.S. Congressman Barry Goldwater, Jr. sits on our Board of Directors and serves as a spokesperson for our company.

www.nationalcollectorsmint.com...

Essentially, they sell worthless trinkets and call them coins
edit on 12-23-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Thank you.... I missed it...

Goldwater huh? ..... maybe he's hurting for cash. Maybe that explains the FBI dealio too.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Oooooh creeepy
Maybe it's hidding RF I.D. tags inside. Just like Wall-Mart marchandise. They should stop tryin to profit even more than they have on this. This is capitalism and commercialsm at it's best all raped in a neet little pakage

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Most units (military and agencys) have a challenge coin. Seems to me this is what it represents more than any memorial aspect. For those who participated and need to keep quiet about it I reckon

Source - www.asseenontvus.com
edit on 12/23/2010 by mikelee because: Corrected source for pic.

new topics

top topics

join