It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merry CHRIST-mas!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
merry Christ-Mass to you also friend...

Love is all we need

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Happy Holidays!

*Think that's generic enough to cover just about all the angles*

edit on 23-12-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mrvdreamknight

Although since none of us were there, who really knows.

I seriously hope you're joking. Could you imagine if historians, archeologists and scientists in general and detectives investigating a murder where there were no witnesses gave up as easily as you?

hmmmm......makes you wonder who is right and who is wrong.

The number of people who believe something is not related to whether or not its true. When Galileo discovered that the Earth was not the center of everything it was required by the church that people believe the Earth was at the center.

Or look at it this way, if 1 out of 10 people believe something is untrue but can't prove it, why should anyone believe them?

Those who make a positive claim hold the burden of proof. I wouldn't ask someone to prove that Bigfoot DOESN'T exist. A claim should be believed only if it has evidence in support of it, one does not need evidence that a claim is not true to lack belief in it. I don't need to see any evidence that mermaids DON'T exist to lack belief in them. Are you honestly this ignorant or are you just making a joke?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff, you've summed up the entire season in your words. THANK YOU. This season should be about sharing, not who's birthday or who's religion is more special.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by volafox
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff, you've summed up the entire season in your words. THANK YOU. This season should be about sharing, not who's birthday or who's religion is more special.

The correct term is Merry CHRIST-mas!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Yes. I know CHRIST-mas is not even a CHRISTIAN holiday - supposedly. But if 2.1 billion people world wide say it is - then I guess it is.

This is called an argumentum ad populum: because so many people believe it, therefore, it must be true.

So, please, either try to prove 2.1 billion people wrong or admit we're right and celebrate God's Son's birthday!

This is an argumentum ad ignorantiam: because they can't prove that Christ wasn't born on December 25, therefore, they must admit that we are right.

if 1 out of 10 people believe something is untrue but can't prove it, why should anyone believe them?

What proof do you want? An alternative date of Christ's birth? Or that the Bible is silent on the actual date of his birth? Show us where it is stated in the Bible that Christ was born on December 25 and that the true Christians at the time of the apostles observed Christ's birthday and we will join the bandwagon.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by bijouramov
What proof do you want? An alternative date of Christ's birth? Or that the Bible is silent on the actual date of his birth? Show us where it is stated in the Bible that Christ was born on December 25 and that the true Christians at the time of the apostles observed Christ's birthday and we will join the bandwagon.

So all that matters to you is the exact date of His birth and you will join in?

If you're a true believer, it would not matter. Although He was probably born in September - who cares?

And you're saying that his apostles didn't celebrate peoples birthdays? Have you ever heard of Bar Mitzvahs?

Angels worshiped Jesus too. Yes, here is what the Word of God says about the angles on the birthday of Jesus:

"And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him" (Heb 1:6).

So are you ready to join now?

Not likey, since you are only looking for excuses not to.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The exact date and/or the biblical commandment which tells us to celebrate Christ's birthday on that date/regardless of the date.

If you're a true believer, it would not matter.

Actually it would.

Although He was probably born in September - who cares?

Exactly. There is no commandment to celebrate Christ's birth so why bother? But there is a commandment given by Christ himself to his true followers to remember the sacrifice he made for the forgiveness of their sins. He even gave clear instructions on how to do it properly. Are you familiar with it?

And you're saying that his apostles didn't celebrate peoples birthdays? Have you ever heard of Bar Mitzvahs?

Of course they did! But can you find it anywhere in the Bible where the apostles are said to have celebrated Christ's birthday? Or that they commanded the brethren to do so? If you can, then please post the verse/s and I would gladly join you in your merrymaking even if the "christmas" season has already come and gone.

Angels worshiped Jesus too.

Err..I worship Jesus. Why? Because there is a commandment regarding it. Do I celebrate his birthday? No. Because I'm anti-social? No. Because I want to be unique? No. Then why? Because there is no commandment to do so.

And since when did celebrating a person's birthday become equated to worshiping that person? You mean when you celebrate your birthday, you're worshiping yourself?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bijouramov

The exact date and/or the biblical commandment which tells us to celebrate Christ's birthday on that date/regardless of the date.

If you're a true believer, it would not matter.

Actually it would.

Although He was probably born in September - who cares?

Exactly. There is no commandment to celebrate Christ's birth so why bother? But there is a commandment given by Christ himself to his true followers to remember the sacrifice he made for the forgiveness of their sins. He even gave clear instructions on how to do it properly. Are you familiar with it?

Of course they did! But can you find it anywhere in the Bible where the apostles are said to have celebrated Christ's birthday? Or that they commanded the brethren to do so? If you can, then please post the verse/s and I would gladly join you in your merrymaking even if the "christmas" season has already come and gone.

Angels worshiped Jesus too.

Err..I worship Jesus. Why? Because there is a commandment regarding it. Do I celebrate his birthday? No. Because I'm anti-social? No. Because I want to be unique? No. Then why? Because there is no commandment to do so.

And since when did celebrating a person's birthday become equated to worshiping that person? You mean when you celebrate your birthday, you're worshiping yourself?

Celebrate Christ-mas or don't.

But I 100% guarantee you that Jesus Christ was actually born.

Since He was born, you need/should/must celebrate this most joyous event.

What the heck difference does it make what day it was or if there is a commandment to do so.

Do you need a commandment to celebrate yours or someone elses birthday?

Do you need a commandment to live life?

Or do you live life like according to Jesus's own example?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join