It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banks accused of illegally looting foreclosed homes contents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
If the foreclosure racket has you upset wait till you read this one. Probably won't surprise anyone but it deserves to be kept out in the public domain for all to see. The banks are now filing paperwork to foreclose on houses & property they do not carry any loans on. In addition when they make such a mistake there is little the home owner can do because of the crooked manner in which business operates today.

Also missing was a wooden box, its top inscribed with the words “Together Forever,” that contained the ashes of her late husband, Robert.

The culprit, Ms. Ash soon learned, was not a burglar but her bank. According to a federal lawsuit filed in October by Ms. Ash, Bank of America had wrongfully foreclosed on her house and thrown out her belongings, without alerting Ms. Ash beforehand.

New York Times

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
There will be "NO" Private Property
in the New American Empire(NWO)
Not for the tax payers, (slaves) that is.
Being Homeless will be against the law also,
We will be rounded up and placed, in to
the Lovely Relocation centers and simply
disappear in an Environmentally friendly puff of smoke.

edit on America/Chicagoam1231America/ChicagoThu, 23 Dec 2010 08:56:12 -060012 3156 by BrainGarden because: spell check

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
How surprising.
Bank of America.

People who's houses are paid off!

This just underlines the fact that they are lost in their paperwork,
and also that they want to get homes under any means necessary.

Evil, evil bank. I hope that Wikileaks buries them.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

A story of my own regarding BOA. When I was employed by the fed I was stationed in Wiesbaden Germany where we had "Merchant Bank" to use. MB closed and BOA came in. I was sent to Bosnia for TDY and BOA closed my account due to no activity even though my check was going into it for direct deposit monthly. AND I was buying a few things at the field AAFES outpost. When I got back to post I had to prove who I was, have my civil service supervisor sign a statement stating the same as to my identity AND provide all of my LES' to get my money back!

3 months later BOA closed and several others had their accounts wiped out as well. After that incident I used one of the local German banks in Mainz Kastel. Bank of America can go down hard as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth
How surprising.
Bank of America.

People who's houses are paid off!

This just underlines the fact that they are lost in their paperwork,
and also that they want to get homes under any means necessary.

Evil, evil bank. I hope that Wikileaks buries them.

I hope Wikileaks gets off of it's backside soon. It's time to for them to barrage. Don't let the other side get comfy. Overwhelm them.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Ms. ash had some *ashes* missing....

Sounds like some bull crap..

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
You don't seem to understand that a repossessed house belongs TO THE BANK. If the former occupant didn't remove their belongings, they become property of the bank, just like what would happen if you bought a house with furniture or other items in it.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

They are talking about houses that were foreclosed on by mistake per the action of the bank.

In addition if your home is foreclosed upon your personal items are yours and you are entitled by law to get them. There is a procedure to follow and it varys in many towns & citys but no personal items such as clothes, furniture, washer & dryer etc can be kept then sold or otherwise by any bank.

If it were me however, I'd remove all of my family's belongings then burn the damn thing to the ground before I'd allow ANY bank to take my house away. Especially if I had paid on it on time for 20 some years.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

As a contractor who does this type of work you are not entirely correct. Here in Virginia there is also a foreclosure process. I have also done evictions .... I know one house in paticular in Dublin, Va where the mortgagors sold everything that was nailed down including the garage doors, breaker box, all cherry kitchen caninets, stove, frig, heat pump .... I mean I was there the month before and a month later the I met the sheriff to take pocession and found the damages.

I have seen houses like described in the article. The inital secure is supposed to be a side door and take pics of everything to CYA! I there are more than $500 in personals we are suppose to do nothing until a personals letter or post a personals letter at the property with a 30 day notice. Yes banks make mistakes on paperwork but most of the time it is the contractor who is hired but does not follow the banks guidelines.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

So a house that is already paid off still belongs to the bank?
Did you read the article?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

DUH yea, did you gloss over where I said the banks make mistakes???? In case you did not see it in my other post .... I said the banks do make mistakes ...... I have seen a few too ..... that said .......many foreclosures need to be done ...... I blame the banks who made the loans, Fannie and Freddie who backed the loans; the butt heads who bought more than they could afford ...... and sometimes # happens ........ like a car wreck and a wage earner gets hurt or even sick ......

the problem is that many people set themselves up to where they had to have a perfect income stream when that is never the case in reality. They borrowed to the hilt with the help of the friendly loan officer who sold them more than they could afford ... then when the car broke down and then little Johnny got sick and Christmas came ... the mortgage went one month behind then aanother and pretty soon the capacity to catch up (like our federal government debt now) That starts a downward trend that is hard to do ......

just saying that I learned not to take it personal .....

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

also consider that these personals are really "assets" which are the physical property ........ $$$$$$ to the person who lost the house

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

I wasn't replying to you, good sir,
if you see the top of my post.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Also, why in the name of all that is holy do these people have to actually sue to get recourse?
Since the mistake is obviously on part of the banks, one would think that they would settle to keep this out of the press...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

One family in Montana went on vacation, upon returning it happened to them. The bank (not sure which one) foreclosed on it then hired a moving company after the Bank's P.I. told them they were leaving. They had to file a civil suit which they won and the bank + the P.I. had to pay for everything. But what a hassle you know?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

My neighbors house went into foreclosure because they stopped paying the mortgage payments just because they did not want to live there anymore. Anyhow on their moving day it took them about 12 hours to move out of a small house that should have took only about 3 or 4 hours of moving. I heard sawing, banging all kinds of strange noises coming from that house.
Well they took everything they could from the house, the cabinets down to bare plumbing, the doors, everything down to the studs.I think the bank pressed charges against the owner as she did not own the house the bank did.

join