It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Payed goverment disinformation shills.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Well presented synopsis. Reading this thread today was very entertaining, especially the last few pages.

I have to laugh when posters require 'proof' before acknowledging the possibility that this goes on.
If it doesn't, than I could argue that said government/private corporation is negligent in it's responsibility to citizens/shareholders.

Acceptance of uncontrollable parameters is a given in all interactions, but influence is attempted at every opportunity.

Live long and prosper my ATS brothers and sisters!

Merry Christmas and may the New Year be better than the last.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

NEWS FLASH! The government isn't interested in you because the truth is that you know nothing and you disclose nothing other than your high susceptibility to fits of paranoia.

You know I know nothing how exactly? Because you know what I know to be false because of...?

Quid pro Quo,

Ego complexes are one hell of a thing.

Merry christmass.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I don't believe the government is quite as conspiratorially organized or technologically up-to-date as you give them credit for. However, if you bother to look at sources, you'll see gigantic PR firms like DCI, and the fake "grassroots" organizations they've created, all over the internet. Posting on youtube, news websites, and forums like these (they have actually been exposed doing these things, in the Washington Post and independent news sources, and have been forced to disclose their name on youtube videos and websites they publish, such as techcentralstation.com). They specialize in working for some of the most controversial clients in the world, during times when these clients are threatened by legislation or media coverage of human rights abuses or illegal practices. They include Exxon and other oil companies, the tobacco industry, large pharmaceutical companies, the Burmese military junta, various Republican campaigns, AT&T, and Microsoft during their antitrust lawsuit. They have also infiltrated and trained their own paid "activists" to organize so-called Tea Party groups. (Links below.)

I know it's much more exciting to imagine it's the government out there controlling the way we think, but you're forgetting who has the power and money to control the government. We're a corporate country, and we've eaten this stuff up since the 50s. Commercials have just become much more complex and insidious with the advent of the internet - they pose as ORDINARY INTERNET USERS LIKE YOU, and they know exactly what to prey on, including your distrust of "the government." It infuriates me to see so many well-intentioned people falling for it.

Just a few links, but there are many more:

www.sourcewatch.org...

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.desmogblog.com...

Yours,
A Disillusioned Advertising Rep

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Disinformation Shill? I thought that was just a cheap cop-out. You know, like anti-american, or communist. Besides, if such an occupation did exist on the internet, it would be a huge waste of money, mainly because Conspiracy Theorists aren't easily swayed by opposing views, especially those from the Mainstream Media. Check out the 9/11 forum to see how well this so-called "disinformation campaign" is working out. You would have a better chance trying to convince a religious creationist that evolution is a legitmite scientific theory.

Also, given the paranoia of most conspiracy theorists all you need to do is simply plant the idea of disinfo agents, and let them do the rest, so paying people to post misleading info is pretty much pointless, especially since there are people who do it already, such as Fox News Viewers.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Haven't gone through the whole thread but....

Tell me somebody brought up the paper Cass Sustien (possibly spelled wrong) wrote??

A paper on infiltrating conspiracy sites with dis-info.

That's enough proof for myself.

current.com...://www.alternet.org/story/145229/obama_confidant%27s_spine-chilling_proposal_to_%27cognitively_infiltrate%27_conspiracy_theoris t_groups

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

I really do doubt that. But if my government gave me a thousands bucks, i'd even say they were doing an excellent job. But as soon as deal runs out, I'd be back to slagging them off again. They would basically have to pay me for like...forever.

However, there certainly are Party Stooges online come election time. Easy to spot, by always saying how good they are and how bad the other party are. Sort of Like Mr T going on about the FlavourWave.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

There's a famous saying about arguments on the internet and retards but I won't go into posting the picture with a caption.

Seriously, will you RELAX?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
There used to be UK mainstream News forum called Channel 4 news and it was absolutely self evident during General elections that there were shills nipping any anti New Labour Party discussions in the bud. we used to openly accuse them of following party orders. Everyone knew who they were.

The board got closed when they started talking about going to war with Iraq.

You have to remember that politicians are all employing marketing gurus to sell them and their job includes spreading disinformation.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Yes anyone who thinks logically and actually demands evidence for big claims instead of believing in stories with no proof on these forums is clearly a disinfo agent I've learned. I myself am one apparently according to several posters, sucks that the govt. doesn't seem to know I am cause I've never received my paycheck

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Of course there are thousands of disinfo agents out there. In fact the government admitted that they were going to win the info war with something like 15,000 paid bloggers as I recall when I read it about a year or so ago. Things are always bigger than they admit also.

You see disinfo agents on ATS all the time. They're the ones who keep telling you that the government fairy tail about 911 was true, that chemtrails aren't real and that Oswald was the lone assassin to JFK! LOL

It's pretty easy to spot them. Just look at their old posts and how they always push the government lies. I even had one the other day tell me that Fluoride was not harmful to IQ which is of course the government lie. No response after I showed the shill 24 studies that say even down to 1ppm Fluoride is harmful to IQ.

And don't believe people that call people "truthers" or "birthers", thats all mind control and the same thing that our lying CIA news calls people. You need to wake up. The government does spend Billions pushing their lies. It's not working though. That's why Alex Jones and others are DOMINATING.

All Patriots, go get 5,000 friends on FB and spread the truth!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Cass Sunstien, Infiltration of conspiracy theory sites. Google it yourself, im tired of doing the work

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
If government was to infiltrate the conspiract sites then they wouldn't be on the opposing side of the theorists but on the same side and they'd be posting ridiculous stuff that discredits the conspiracy theorists.

The real shills are the people who believe that Hitler is still alive and lives on the Moon and they also believe that he is a reptilian.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Ok admission of defeat!. Back to the topic there is absolutely no shred of concrete evidence that "Payed goverment disinformation shills." as the op puts it operating on ATS or anywhere on the internet! Show the real proof i.e leaked government document or names of authorising gov't people! bring it on show me the money!

If it was easy they would be useless. but here is a verified case.

I have received news from several independent sources both within the government and elsewhere that the USDA Terrorist has been identified and dealt with by the internal investigators. One of the sources is Senator Kent Conrad of North Dakota who is on the Senate Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry Committee and was kind enough to send a letter to one of his constituents, Donna K, to follow up on the investigation:

Dear Charles & Donna:

Thank you for contacting me regarding a comment posted on the website www.nonais.org on August 29th. It was good to hear from you. It was good to hear from you.

As you know, a news item regarding a decision about Vermont’s farm registration program was posted on www.nonais.org. A comment posted in response to the article alluded to a bio- or eco-terrorism threat. The webmaster of the site reported the comment to the authorities, and officials have traced the poster’s IP address as coming from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). I appreciate you bringing this event to my attention, and share your concern over this incident.

I have contacted the USDA Office of Inspector General (OIG) to share your concern over this incident. The staff at OIG informed me that they have completed an investigation into this matter. Two agents were assigned to this case and questioned the USDA employee who had posted this message. These agents then shared all of the information from their their investigation with the local USDA agency, which will have the authority to reprimand this individual.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I hope that you find this information useful. For more information on issues of importance to North Dakota, please visit my Web site at www.conrad.senate.gov.

Sincerely,
[signed]
KENT CONRAD
United States Senate
-Paper copy, scan in Technical Documents

Another source who was briefed on this matter told me earlier this week that while the IP address [168.68.129.127] that I tracked down was correct, it was not the individual pinpointed at that computer who left the message containing the threat of terrorism. Lesson: If you’re in an office environment, be sure to password secure your computer when you’re away from your desk so other people don’t use your computer to send terrorism threats.

As one of source inside the government put it, “It is very sad that it has come to this.” [that someone at the USDA is making threats like that] and “I don’t like the direction that things are going.” I agree on both points. Ironically, he and I stand on opposite sides of the issue of NAIS.

Given that the person who left the original threat is not only within our government but at the very agency that is pushing NAIS down our throats with the justification of terrorism, they should be held to the highest possible standards. One must wonder what would have happened had an ordinary citizen made such threats. Given that our Congress just passed legislation suspending Habeas Corpus for anyone accused of aiding an enemy I suspect that had someone outside the government made this threat they would simply have disappeared.

“The bill introduced Monday dropped the words “outside the United States,” which Democrats said meant that prosecutors could ignore American legal standards on search warrants within the country. The bill also broadened the definition of an unlawful enemy combatant, from anyone “engaged in hostilities against the United States” to include anyone who “has purposefully and materially supported hostilities against the United States.”
-NY Times

This is not a good trend. Some argue that this only has to do with alien prisoners of war. But the law (S.3930, HR.6166) bars judicial review. This means that the government that arrests you and detains you does so at their sole discretion with no oversight to find out if you really are an ‘enemy combatant’. This means it could be used against you or I, citizens of the United States of American without any relief or protection by the Constitution. They merely need to accuse you and arrest you and you vanish with no rights. Are we seeing a return to worse than McCarthyism? Our rights are being chipped away bit by bit. The statue revealed from that bedrock looks strangely fascist....
nonais.org...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The biggest form of shilling is the MSM itself right before you, the internet is host to shills because it is much harder to control free speech so why not? It's not hard to understand and why the PTB would do this. They have to sanitize all the crimes they have committed of course. To know this and known by all would mean their end.

There aren't as many of them as you think or as many suspect, but yes there is one or two on every site that gets enough traffic so i have noticed. And how do i know this? Did they post a check stub... answer is of course not. Paper trails can be exposed yes but it's hard to determine transactions when the are all ready on the governments payroll. They usually are active military or ex military. Not some slack jawed joe shmoe that filled out an application at his local workforce center. You can find them in the methods they use. They will usually pose as a believer, and say "yeah i seen a UFO once" then they will go in to the usual character assassination of a whistle blower or UFO buff making a claim. This black propaganda is meant to start a snow ball effect, you will notice the shill will never focus on genuine cases or start a thread or give any merit to anyone in the field. They will usually focus all effort on Debunking and mud slinging.

You have people who are skeptical that seem to be arrogant and belittling but don't get them confused with being a operative they are just people with a personality or mental disorder...because this is usually not the case because many skeptics want the root of the truth. This is here the fine line drawn. Critical thinking is one thing, skepticism is part of the formula in finding truth. But disinfo ops are a reality.

Some i suspect hoax UFO footage and get caught on purpose.
They play both sides of the fence too, some use the method of new ager GFOL jargin, because bad information is just that, disinfo. Some people spread disinfo and do not even know it, they think they are helping when they are just causing harm to their plight. They may mean well but they will never be a force of disclosure.

Shills will spend all hours on a message board night & day, attacking everything unexplained and seeding truth with lies such as a UFO or a conspiracy like 911. Yes the PTB do care what you think! Ask yourself if skeptical why lurk so much and lash out at truths seekers? To project ones disbelief? When someone on the fence spends any duration of time on such web sites eventually they will show interest and find at least some cases interesting and delve in to a discussion productively. Myself i have grown disgusted with hoaxes and charlatans and have debunked and exposed charlatans but at the same time i focus as much on keeping people informed on facts that are being denied from them because conspiracy's DO exists and UFO's are in our air space. And i have been called a disinformation operative myself by the delusional groups in these areas, a MIB, you name it. The lunatic fringe has used the disinfo card so much and cried wolf as a cop out so much that it has clouded the waters. So when real shills are out there doing a job they can pass off as a skeptic. Know the fine line.

I have used a IP tracking program with these guys and found some alarming things. They go message board to message board under several accounts sometimes using proxy to hide the IP from moderators. Some are even moderators, and some have been tracked to a certain NSA server. Most often Australia and seems the UK is host with the most. MOSSAD is a big player too. And i have been watching them for some time, mingled among their circles and befriended them. There are a few on ATS and im sure many of you might be aware of who im talking about, not saying any name. I even confronted them on other sites before and they split right away. They are being watched too. Good news: they are losing ground and getting desperate they are in their death throes. This is why they want to revise the internet and practice unconstitutional methods openly now. They are losing the war.

We are aware, and we know

Hi Guys

edit on 24-12-2010 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by scoutsniper
That is correct. The NAZI party did the same thing. One of the oldest and greatest "disinformation." ruses was when Satan convinced the world that he did not exist. Hence; by this, he convinced the world that God does not exist. Now we know "why" we are "where" we are today. IE Public US schools: "God out, guns in", "Commandments out, condoms in", courtesy of Madeline O'Hare.(1962) (Evolution = "the great lie") (Global warming) ETC> ETC> Abortion defined: "Throwing children into the fires of Molech"

The list is endless. Is everybody happy?! Now, we have to "live or die" because of this.

You assume that we are all in on your discussion here...but you may as well be speaking in tongues. You have your faith...good for you, I hope you're very happy together.

You wanna affix a preface saying, "Well, according to my religion...", then fine. But please don't carry on as if we all share in your belief pattern...it is arrogant and insulting to those of us who don't.

Funny, you seem to know exactly what he was talking about, and hence be 'in on' his discussion. So why claim to be confused? Now I have reason to distrust every post you make. Once a dirty liar, always a dirty liar.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atione

The million dollar question is perhaps whether or not they are conscious shills or unsconscious ones

I think the dark cabal rely mainly on brainwashing the masses so that they do their bidding without conscious awareness, now thats pretty smart Ill give those evil bastads that much!

There is a post that makes sense. TPTB have been studying psychology for thousands of years. They know very well how to manipulate and coerce the mind. This was a big enough problem when it was just a psychological thing, but now, they have very strong chemicals that make their job much easier. How many of us are totally wrong but completely convinced that we're right? Something to think about. Spread confusion. Hey PS never star or flag- it's how they data mine and trend spot, so they can bring you more threads that will get more viewers. Because it's all about how long you are exposed to the ads that appear on every stinking page.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
When I first came here and heard people talk about "Disinfo Agents" and "Debunkers" I laughed it off as paranoid. Now I actually see that these claims carry some level of truth. Without a shred of doubt, there are people who come on here to disrupt the flow of threads and create confusion and disinformation in regard to certain issues. Whether these are individuals who are scared to death of confronting the truth and do these things to place the scary thought of the implications at the back of their mind, or actual "shills" that are indifferent about these issues but are on an actual payroll to spread disinformation is probably what is harder to determine.

Exactly.

It is clear they exist.

The question is, are they brain washed or paid?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

I've spent a lot of time cracking my head on this one and I will share some of those thoughts with you:

Most likely both.

Sometimes they work out of ideologies, sometimes they do it for the money. Most of the times they do it for both.

I believe feelings of grandeur can attribute as to why they choose to do what they do, it may give them a feeling of self importance. A feeling that they know more than the 'average' citizen or person out there in the world. It may also make them feel of value in a greater scheme of things, making them feel part of a group that is supposedly doing the 'good' work. Besides this I believe a persons history is looked into in order to decide how to approach a would-be-(dis)informant. Next to this there are also the family ties; 'the apple does not fall far from the tree' kind of idea. Apart from that, I believe the already criminally minded or certain convicted people that fit their 'job description' are recruited - I know for a fact that this happens by the way - in their own words: ''An individual with promise''.

I can go on but I will leave it at that for now...

oh

the real die hards will do it for nothing. Or maybe religion. Amazing isn't it?

Good morning.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
You mean something like this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(Edrick wipes his hands, at a job well done!)

-Edrick

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

We KNOW there are paid shrills..

Heck, even ATS banned one..Remember Doc ??

Case closed.....

Not so fast, ATS banned an user, or did ATS expressively ban an payed goverment shill?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join