It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea 'ready for sacred war' with the South

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

North Korea 'ready for sacred war' with the South

www.bbc.co.uk

North Korea is ready for a "sacred war of justice" using the nuclear deterrent, its armed forces minister has said.

'Military provocation'
The North earlier branded Seoul's exercises "warmongering" but until now had not threatened the South with any retaliation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Search'd but could not find this?

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
N.Korea Crisis Updated
N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

edit on 23/12/10 by Freedom_is_Slavery because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
"The revolutionary armed forces of the DPRK are getting fully prepared to launch a sacred war of justice of Korean style based on the nuclear deterrent at anytime necessary to cope with the enemies' actions deliberately pushing the situation to the brink of a war," he added.

Both China and Russia have called on the South to defuse tensions and US officials too are privately expressing their concern about Seoul's new, more aggressive stance.

This is definitely a back flip to the previous statement issued that they would not retaliate to these drills,
And a sacred war sounds like it will end very badly for everyone, this may be the spark that sets the whole dam house on fire,

John Sudworth BBC News There is no doubt that the verbal ante is being upped by both sides here at the moment. I don't think we should read too much into it. It's the sort of thing we've heard from North Korea before. It's threatened to use its nuclear deterrent in the past. But I think there will be people who worry that what's happening is that as each side lays down this conditional threat, a line is being drawn in the sand and it's tempting the other side to cross over it. And the worry is that if you keep talking tough, both North and South Korea, eventually you may be forced to act on it.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23/12/10 by Freedom_is_Slavery because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
More fear mongering from the military industrial complex. I kind of wish the war would continue again. I know that millions will suffer or die, but this stuff is getting old. I think that all of this media play is just for show.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Holy war?
North Koreans aren't even that religious, there's buddhists and some christians but I guess they are referring to Stalinism, which is not a religion.

Anyhow, I smell bad fish
I believe that if there is a war the war and deaths will be real but it will all be staged.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I know what your saying, but no war is always better for everybody if only people could learn to get along and stop wasting billions of dollars on war.
I also think this could be more talk and no walk but as J.S form BBC mentioned one day someone will just say stuff you and push the button

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

I agree, but I believe that peace on earth is a pipe dream. As long as the military industrial complex is around the beast needs food. War is that food, war is profitable. They run the show and are not happy unless tanks, planes, and other war machines are sold.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

My thoughts exactly. I had read somewhere that the NK government was atheist and that was one of the reasons they were so pissed about SK lighting that Christmas tree.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It's hard to tell how much of this is just huffing and puffing on the part of North Korea and their "down-syndrome" dear-leader. Regardless, they must be taken seriously, as the country is irrational and belligerent. I still think that justice has escaped us on the "Axe Murder Incident", where 2 soldiers (1 South Korean and 1 American) were slain with axes in the DMZ by North Korean military officers. I personally would support a war with North Korea if for nothing else than to serve justice for these soldiers, which was basically an attack on all of us. This isn't even mentioning their recent shelling of a South Korean Island. I think we should just go ahead and get North Korea over with. If we can go into Iraq for "lesser" issues, then we could surely go into North Korea for what amounts to a real a problem. I know the consequences would be much greater in North Korea, but we only delay the inevitable while cheating justice.

--airspoon
edit on 23-12-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
damn will the south just quit pokin the retard they know that if the push north korea far enough the will push back

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

But the only problem, is war isn't as profitable as is it once was. Its not like either sides in any war take as many losses like those back in the earlier wars. Its not like we lose tanks and airplanes on a daily basis. With technology advances, its just not feasible.
I think this is all a p#ssing match, just waiting for any provocation to blow each other to oblivion. The only ones to gain, would be the US, ( the southern regions ) and China/Russia for the ( northern regions ).

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by theblackirish7
damn will the south just quit pokin the retard they know that if the push north korea far enough the will push back

You have your statement backwards. The south is tired of the north's antics and threats and isn't putting up with it anymore. The north wants to threaten war and the south is finally saying to put your money where your mouth is or STFU.

This statement like all of the north's is just words and will lead to nothing. It does amaze me how all it took was the south to finally stand up for itself and then a huge portion of the populous now demonizes them for provocation even in the light of the north saying they will blow up the south once again.

Its like 2 little kids standing next to each other and 1 throws a rock through a window while the other still has a rock in his hand. The kid with the rock in his hand gets sent to the corner.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

But the only problem, is war isn't as profitable as is it once was. Its not like either sides in any war take as many losses like those back in the earlier wars. Its not like we lose tanks and airplanes on a daily basis. With technology advances, its just not feasible.
I think this is all a p#ssing match, just waiting for any provocation to blow each other to oblivion. The only ones to gain, would be the US, ( the southern regions ) and China/Russia for the ( northern regions ).

it might not be profitable in our sense of the word anymore, but there is more then enough to profit from war for "dear leader kim"

In a country where military service is practically the only way to make a living, waging war takes ALOT of soldiers and relatives' minds off of the problems their own country is in and it flares up patriotism for this "sacred war". The only thing sacred about it is the grounds that will be left afterwards, littered with dead bodies.

Since NK has nothing to lose because it's only function is to serve the leader and it's family, casualties would be enormous. The first retalatory attack will most likely be an all out strike on pre-defined targets with all theyve got. The only option here would be a pre-emptive strike on all their major artillery and missile installations to criple their capabilities for a decent rebound as much as possible and i can only imagine that SK and Allies know this all too well, so why not just STRIKE instead of provocating them into their own advantage?

Because a million more dead would only fit their own agenda much better....

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Another Korean war is inevitable. It's not a matter of 'if', it's a matter of 'when'.

Also, humans are warlike creatures even though we have a choice not to be. Even if we have a unified planet of humans, we will go off into space and find something else to wage war against.

Natural selection works.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
Another Korean war is inevitable. It's not a matter of 'if', it's a matter of 'when'.

Also, humans are warlike creatures even though we have a choice not to be. Even if we have a unified planet of humans, we will go off into space and find something else to wage war against.

Natural selection works.

I disagree.

I have never killed somebody, I dont wage war on people in my neighborhood. I don't see it as a choice I'm making but more human nature. Its a choice to do harm to others.

Self preservation and survival is human nature for sure but if given the option that everyone can be happy and survive vs a minority are happy but they kill everyone else, I see the majority of people picking the first option.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It's really horrible what the North Korean citizens have lived with. I watched a documentary on North Korea last night. Kim Jong-il is one crazy, selfish dictator. It's appalling what those poor people have lived with. The starvation and camps they are sent too and public executions for not doing their best in work camps. It would be a great favor to free those people. N.Korea is the most isolated country in the world.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
"In order to save them, we had to destroy them."

We can't just convince the bad guys to put down their guns. It's crazy leaderships in little countries with a serious inferiority complex and and oversized, fanatically loyal, brainwashed military that seem to be the reason for some serious conflict on this planet. Imagine the nazis with nukes.

I don't want to see them get destroyed, they have a unique culture and they have a right to preserve that, and eat too.

It seems to me the only options are a mass genocide or give them the respect of equals? If we can't make the right decision here, maybe we deserve what would come of getting that one wrong.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The Nks have enough dirty bomb material to kill a lot of people in both camps....
Perhaps they plan exactly this...a dirty bomb set off over seol and the death on hundreds of thousands of Sk civvies.
They would not die immediately either, but create a sizeable drag on the SKs to care for them, at the same time as fending off Nks large army.
The trick would be for NK to pull this all off in three weeks or less...By then the US would have its heavy divisions landing in SK and the opportunity for a NK victory would be gone....
I expect the Nks to have some surprises for the west if the ball gets opened....both biological and nuclear.....

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
We gotta fight them ovar there so that we don't need to fight them ovar here.

They fooled us once with this "ready for sacred war" stuff and it was shame on them. If they fool us again, well shame on them.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
If and I state if, the Koreas fight again with US support of course there will be an order of battle you can count on. The first thing will be the American diplomats will go to China and tell them exactly what we intend to do. The Chinese will freak out and of course tell the NK that they need to cool their intentions or the US will do a shock and awe deal on them that will take down every nice house we can clearly see on our Radar topography HD satellites. We will do it in the middle of the night and with everyone home and then the war will start with no NK leadership left alive except for a few frightened and angry stranglers.

The remaining NK leadership will be pissed but without their command structure they will not know how to move forward. This is not an automatic system. They are autocratic. They will fumble with a leadership strike. They have no continuity of government plan in place you can be sure.

Then the Chinese will take some territory. The South will take some territory and more Hyundai cars will be built and Samsung will have more cheap labor from the former NK.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join