It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pluto May Host an Ocean

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
And here we go (again). How quickly they were to dismiss this planet out of the line up only to probably sub-category it back in again.

It is my contention that ALL planets host life. And probably multidimensional intelligent life as well. Every single satellite in our Universe (be it; stars, planets, moons, asteroids etc) has life on it. Why would they not?
Everything has a purpose even if it was a result of an 'accident'.

I just wish scientists weren't so pre-conditioned (via their 'training and education') before starting their explorations. Maybe we'd have more information (truth) by now.

Freezing, distant Pluto seems an odd place to look for oceanfront real estate, but if a new computer model is correct, the dwarf planet harbors a sizeable pool of liquids beneath its thick icy shell.

Scientists suspect Pluto holds a rocky core spiked with radioactive materials that are slowly breaking down, releasing enough heat in the process to melt ice and keep it liquid. The temperature on Pluto's surface is about -375 degrees Fahrenheit.

news.discovery.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Nice find, but as far as knowing 100% whether or not it does or does not, I guess we'll all have to wait til 2015. Any chance you'd like to talk more about your thoughts on what "life" is or why you think ALL of the planets have a form of life on them? I don't know about the rest of the people on here but I'm a lot more interested in that idea than if pluto has an ocean or not; it's already a ball of ice so... yea. Even if there isn't an ocean on it, it doesn't necessarily mean there isn't any life at all there - for all we know there could be an entire race living there using all of the ice as a "shield", maybe it sounds weird but even the Earth has an "atmosphere"

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

I appreciate your comment. But as far as me talking about my thoughts regarding life out in the Universe well, it's something I just know. I can't explain nor can I back it up with proof.
I am an experiencer, not by choice but grateful in retrospect and maybe because of that (?) it triggered an awakening within? I really can't expound on it too much because I sincerely don't know what's happening nor why.

But what I do also believe (know) is this. We ALL hold the truth deep within. We all know where we come from, where we've been, where we're going and why we are here. However, we are a species that's orphaned, segregated and suppressed from this knowledge. Now whether that was deliberately executed or a fluke in our DNA, is only speculation. But our DNA is a huge data bank. It stores ALL information. It is the Universal conduit sort a speak, for us only............we don't understand it therefore we (science) deems it junk.

But I am here to tell you that, that couldn't be further from the truth. And again, whether this is being done on purpose (withholding this information) is hard to say.
So to wrap this up I'll leave with this, it is my deep understanding that every planet in our solar system and beyond, hosts life. And not just on a microbial level either. Intelligent life. And not only that but, all planets, stars, moons etc are intelligent Beings themselves. Once you understand that then a lot of what I am sharing will automatically fall into place.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
And here we go (again). How quickly they were to dismiss this planet out of the line up only to probably sub-category it back in again...

Whether it has an ocean or not, it's still only a dwarf planet and not a full planet. Plus, I don't think classifying it as a "dwarf planet" dismisses Pluto at all, scientifically. Just look at some of the other places scientists think are scientifically interesting that are NOT planets -- Titan, Europa, Io, Enceladus, Callisto, etc.

Scientists have often thought of Pluto as a very interesting place even before it was demoted -- ever since they discovered that its appearance changes with the seasons (very, very, very long seasons) as Pluto now heads farther from the Sun.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I think my problem is I don't like to look to others for clarification, verification or identification. Science is not how we discover truth. If anything, science is holding us back.

We've been here billions of years and thousands of times. We didn't just start getting smart all of a sudden (when scientists got together). And speaking of smart, there's a huge difference between smart and wise. I rather be wise (like the indigenous people hundreds of thousands of years ago) than the smart scholastic individuals now. People who think they're 'smart' now are just copying and reciting what's being told to them. And look what happens; we're told one thing only for them to take it back (like Pluto)

I don't proclaim to know what's what out there (as far as what's a planet and what's a moon) but at the same time, I don't think it's important. But because I am FORCED to know (via schooling) I don't like that they just change things up. We're using science as a crutch (to tell us what's what) and way too much control and lenience.
As you can tell, I am very anti-academia, religion and establishment.

Peace~

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

First of all, scientists have been around forever. The first guy who figured out how to make fire himself was a scientist. The people who first tried to domesticate animals and the first to plant crops were scientists. The engineers who gradually developed the building techniques used by ancient Egypt, Assyria, and Greece were scientists. Ptolomy was a scientist; Galileo was a scientist; Ben Franklin was a scientist.

Secondly, I think you are putting too much importance into what they are calling Pluto these days. Scientists don't care if Pluto is a called a planet, dwarf planet, or even an asteroid. Because it seems to have an atmosphere that changes with the seasons, it would be interesting to planetary scientists no matter what the "International Astronomical Union" (IAU) decided to call it, or what your textbook said about it. I don't think scientists care that the IAU doesn't use the word "planet" to describe Pluto -- scientists think it is an interesting rock, mo matter what people call it.

Science evolves more than you give it credit for. Perhaps your school textbooks years ago said that Pluto was probably a frozen, dead, and unchanging world -- mainly because so little was known about it. However, that doesn't mean that science today still clings to those ideas, just because the textbooks you read says that.

...and how else, besides through science, are we going to more about Pluto? Science is what discovered the changing seasons on Pluto. Science discovered this potential "ocean", and science has sent the New Horizons spacecraft to learn more.

I think you may be caught up in "dogma" more than scientists are -- or at least you think science is more caught up in dogma than they really are.

edit on 12/23/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

But science dictates to us where life can possibly exist and that is NOT right (let alone correct).
I have no problem with backyard scientists (like John Hutchinson and Tesla) but when they team up together to 'decide' what's what, it's there that I have issues. Just look at us here at ATS. We can't agree on any one thing. But, the majority seems to rule and that's the same mentality with science.

They (scientists) once said our Moon couldn't possibly hold life. So then we, the followers of these leaders, got conditioned to believe that that was true. Only to hear of people like Ingo Swann (who was hired by the government to do remote viewing) say there is INDEED intelligent life up there.

So are we purposefully being duped by science or are they simply not qualified (as gods) to tell us what and what not to believe?

Again, exploring, finding and figuring things out is great but to teach/preach it, to the point where everyone gets brainwashed a particular ideology is getting too passe.

I think once, long time ago, we were able to teleport ourselves around to explore our Universe. But because that ability seems to be hidden from us, we rely too much on others to show us the way.

Maybe it's just me. I don't like leaders. I am my own leader. So there may lay the problem.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Should Pluto contain physical life, perhaps many Kuiper belt objects do as well.

If a life form has found a way to live on earth in an arsenic poisoned lake, then life can exist anywhere, anyhow and this is only in our vibrational range.

I know without a doubt in my mind that the range of life stretches infinitely dense to infinitely expansive with a singular consciousness holding it all together which is connected in some way to a source.

Rocks are alive, Dark mater is alive, Light is alive, Trees are alive, the air is alive, ect ect.

If you are unable to appreciate this possibility then perhaps I would advise spending time away from reading scientific studies and embracing the natural possibilities of life as I have done so many years ago.

No doubt remains in my mind that we are living in a miraculous universe where limitation of the progression of life simply does not exist. Life will enter a place, adapt, change, encompass and grow.

There are no limits, only those we set in our mind - I like this thread

Blessings,

-G

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Thread already exist. www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I agree with all you comments Human Alien!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Sorry Arken. I know we don't live in a perfect world but seriously...ATS has GOT to do something better with their search option. I typed in all the words and nothing recent came up.

Anyway, thanks for your support. I will check out your thread and replies. Again, sorry 'bout that.

MODS. Please close this thread and direct it over to Arken. Thanks

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I disagree with your "Everything has a purpose" line of thinking, but let's pretend I accept it for a second...

Why does that purpose have to be life?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by Arken

Sorry Arken. I know we don't live in a perfect world but seriously...ATS has GOT to do something better with their search option. I typed in all the words and nothing recent came up.

Anyway, thanks for your support. I will check out your thread and replies. Again, sorry 'bout that.

MODS. Please close this thread and direct it over to Arken. Thanks

You are absolutely right about the search option. I check for keywords or title and say " 0 match found". Not true.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
One day, science will catch up with what Shamans have been saying for thousands of years. One day, science will prove to itself that the entire universe is one organism.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Nothing in the universe happens for a purpose. Its all a factor of chance.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlegmi

Where did you learn that?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlegmi

Nothing in the universe happens for a purpose. Its all a factor of chance.

As the petals bloom on a flower, is it by chance - or by design?

As the flower scatters its seeds and they bloom into more and more flowers, is it by chance, do they do it by accident or did they design it, did they choose to do it.

We are living inside of a universal flower that is blooming, our lives are by design and we are gifted with extraordinary consciousness through which to navigate through that design in whatever way pleases us.

Or perhaps, we are just watching it all happen as a conscious observer, not really making a single choice.

Just watching....

-G

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
I disagree with your "Everything has a purpose" line of thinking, but let's pretend I accept it for a second...

Why does that purpose have to be life?

What exactly is life? Does life have to be made of matter or can life exist as pure energy? I think I'm typing on a keyboard responding to your post. Are you really reading what I've typed or am I just imagining that you are real?

Do you see the color green the same way I see the color green? The color green is just a frequency in the electromagnetic spectrum. What is the color of ultraviolet?

I'm going to wake up so I can go to sleep.

new topics

top topics

join