It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to docs, blocking redistricting amendment among 'official duties' of two Florida congressm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

According to docs, blocking redistricting amendment among 'official duties' of two Florida congressmen

www.americanindependent.com

The day after 63 percent of Florida voters approved Amendment 6 at the polls, Reps. Corrine Brown, D-Jacksonville, and Mario Diaz-Balart, R-Miami, filed suit to block the implementation of it, one of two so-called “Fair Districts” amendments that limit the state legislature’s ability to draw district lines that protect incumbents and guarantee one-party control.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This is what it has come to. The official duties of a Congressperson now officially include making sure that they need to save their own seat at any cost,regardless of what the people say.

These two were the poster children of the campaign for the Fair Districts amendments in Florida. Brown's district runs haphazardly between Jacksonville and Orlando, making sure to scoop up every poor black area in sight.

They say it's to protect the voters, that is a load of bull. Both realize that 90% of their "Constituents" will vote for them blindly because they have a D or R next to their name.

www.americanindependent.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
By the way, besides a 1998 embezzlement case, this is what Corrine Brown is best known for

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
WOW, what the hell was she wearing?

This is proof that some people should not be allowed to vote!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I live in Florida, and this proclamation doesn't surprise me. They don't give a rat's patootie what the PEOPLE want, the elected do what THEY want.
Look at the Bullet Train we voted for, for example. How many years ago was that again? The people voted for it in 2000. Despite the citizens voting for it, they repealed it. Yeah. Blocking this amendment, par for the course. This state's congressmen and senators are only in it for their own betterment--of their bank accounts, that is.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The bullet train doesn't even compare to this. This is outright trying to throw out a voter approved amendment to make sure they keep their seat in Congress

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Sorry, her pattern of speech just rubbed me the wrong way, all manner of what came out of her mouth just proved she was definitely in the WRONG job. She should have been giving a play by play on a sports report in front of the 11 o'clock news, not on the floor of the senate or house.

What she was wearing was the University colors and it was a robe of some kind, I guess.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Wow, just... WOW!
I just don't know what else to say. On the floor of the House no less. This country is clearly finished!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
While I posted the video to give you guys an idea of what the hell this woman's intellectual level is, the main point of this is the terrible precedent going on in Florida.

The voters have approved a measure to outright ban any form of Gerrymandering, making sure districts must be redrawn compactly. Now, when politicians who have kept their seats BECAUSE of the practice of Gerrymandering see themselves threatened, now it is "part of their duties" to see that they keep their seats. They're preaching it is because minorities need representatives. Really? They need their own special representatives? Are you saying a black or hispanic person can't get elected unless they're in a district that's 90% white or black?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
As a resident of Florida I am not at all surprised. Those in power do not care about what the people want or the democratic process, to them it is all about getting re-elected and making back room deals that help their bank accounts. If I could legally move out of the state I would have done so already.

top topics

join