It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man drives muscle car onto Bush's lawn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Source MSNBC -- Dallas

DALLAS — A suspect accused of driving a muscle car erratically onto the lawn at former President George W. Bush's north Dallas home Wednesday night was detained by the Secret Service.

The former president and former first lady Laura Bush were in the Preston Hollow neighborhood home at the time but were unharmed and never in danger, officials told NBC station KXAS.

The male suspect had not made any threats, KXAS said, and officials do not believe he intended to harm the former first couple.

Officials told KXAS that the suspect went to a friend's house in Bush's gated neighborhood to show off his Plymouth Barracuda.

The man told investigators he ran onto the Bushes' yard when his gas pedal became stuck.

No one was injured, KXAS reported.

“President and Mrs. Bush are OK," Bush spokesman David Sherzer said in a prepared statement. "They appreciate the work of the United States Secret Service and Dallas Police Department in responding to the incident.”

The Bushes live on Daria Place, a public street but gated and protected by the Secret Service detail assigned to the former president.

Just saw this pass by on my news ticker. Thought perhaps it was something more to it, but apparently just a mishap withthe gas pedal. As always though I am passing the news onto my fellow ATSers, especially when it involves a high rofile individual, whether we like him, hate him or dont really care.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Haha, I got a laugh out of this one.

Good stuff man, good stuff.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I hope he was drunk and flipped some sweet brodies on his lawn. I would really love to see pictures of a 'cuda spinning up chunks of Bush's grass!
edit on 22-12-2010 by DeltaChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Driving 'anything' on the "bush's lawn" is comical to me!

...lol

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm just wondering how he got to the lawn.
According to the source, the street is gated, so I guess he crached the gate and then made it all the way to the lawn? must have had some good speed.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Gas pedel got stuck my butt,he punched it and couldnt handle it,wussy. HA HA

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
HaHa...................I wonder what bushisms old W came up with to describe this situation.
I don't know why I'm finding this funny
edit on 22-12-2010 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Yeah, I heard all about this... I am in Dallas. Something about a guy driving drunk... Was going to Bushes Neighbors house as they are friend or family to this guy... He found the wrong house....

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

and the conspiratol side of me is thinking that he found the exact house he was looking for.
But yea, probably had a bit too much egg nog.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
...too bad it wasnt a peterbilt...

new topics

top topics

join