It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

45 People Lynched Amid Haiti Cholera Fears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Things are getting really crazy ...

Angry Haitian mobs have lynched at least 45 people in recent weeks, accusing them of spreading a cholera outbreak that has killed over 2,500 people across the country, officials said Wednesday.

The number included at least 14 suspected sorcerers previously known to have been lynched in the far southwestern region of Grand'Anse as local people feared they were spreading cholera with a magical substance. The area has been largely spared by the outbreak.

www.google.com...

edit on 22-12-2010 by GirlGenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
hopefully it wasnt intentional. recently read a story claiming canada now owns haiti (by diplomatic insertion) and wouldnt be surprised if it turned out in their favor. i guess if you own a very potentially prophitable vacation spot, but have those darn natives messing everything up for the investors, it is also prophitable to attempt to remove those natives.

my hope is that it is just an anomaly, and the outbreak (heaven forbid) remains unmutated. so what happens when a few haitians fear pandemic and decide to go somewhere else, say, the us, or mexico? if they happen to bring some of the bacteria with them, would it be a viable concern? it kills quick, but would it kill too quick to be combated?

flag from me, just trying to stay optimistic, while also searching for means, motives, or explanations in general. it had to have come from somewhere, right? cholera cant just pop up on an island completely naturally, right? even if it could be carried by birds, is it possible for them to make it to haiti, and if so doesnt that mean that birds coming from haiti could spread the outbreak?

potential for world news if it gets any worse i would think
edit on 22-12-2010 by GenerationXisMarching because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Dont believe every post you read on here....Theres a few dozen mounties assisting and training the haitian police, other than that i think any other Canadian presence is aid volunteers.
The Haitian prople have been heavy into Voodoo forever...They are ignortant as to whats the causes of the problem(poor sanitation/drinking water.
They are apt to blame any strangers they come across...I highly doubt they are being exterminated so a bunch of canucks can get a tan......

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

oh but where people are bronzing the most money can be made. =P thats where the word "tourist trap" came from. i do hope its just rumors, but either way, could the other possibility happen? it spread all through haiti that quicky, i would wonder what it would do to us. apparently we have vaccines that would stop the spread, but did haiti just not have these? i dont care so much who owns the land, as why the land is killing people. really, i dont have much faith in vaccines. had one for mumps bc of school, and guess what i got two years later? yup..mumps..hated my life too.

the point is, why isnt cholera as decimated as smallpox? they are both pandemics that can cripple on a global scale. maybe we just see it as the developing nations' problem.

ugh... i just cant wait untill we find a way to immunize ourselves from viruses/bacteria/parasites. the whole "we can be killed by something smaller than anything you can see with your eyes" kinda gets nerve-racking when cholera is killing villiages in haiti, while mutated ebola gets an airplane ride to atlanta, georgia to be studied. too close for comfort

for the record:didnt read that canada invaded from this sight, but dont doubt it made its rounds here as well

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
maybe they know something we dont it wouldent be the first time we dident get all the info

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

This just goes to show how all the anarchists and anti-government loud-mouths are living in cloud-cuckoo land.
This is what happens when you have an anarchic society, as is happening in many areas of Haiti.

The unfortunate fact is that this is the way that humans sometimes behave when there is a lack of societal order and authority.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

They are apt to blame any strangers they come across...I highly doubt they are being exterminated so a bunch of canucks can get a tan......

Tell that to the Indians who received the blankets purposely contaminated with small pox.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Have you seen the videos of people being burned for doing "Voodoo"?
This is so sad, 45 is a big number when your talking about burning people alive.
They have been dragged in the mud repeatedly with no room to spare. I wish they can be informed as soon as possible and stop these lynchings.
The weather is hot and the smell of death is in the air, these people need a break already!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GenerationXisMarching

Originally posted by GenerationXisMarching
reply to post by stirling

oh but where people are bronzing the most money can be made. =P thats where the word "tourist trap" came from. i do hope its just rumors, but either way, could the other possibility happen? it spread all through haiti that quicky, i would wonder what it would do to us. apparently we have vaccines that would stop the spread, but did haiti just not have these? i dont care so much who owns the land, as why the land is killing people. really, i dont have much faith in vaccines. had one for mumps bc of school, and guess what i got two years later? yup..mumps..hated my life too.

the point is, why isnt cholera as decimated as smallpox? they are both pandemics that can cripple on a global scale. maybe we just see it as the developing nations' problem.

ugh... i just cant wait untill we find a way to immunize ourselves from viruses/bacteria/parasites. the whole "we can be killed by something smaller than anything you can see with your eyes" kinda gets nerve-racking when cholera is killing villiages in haiti, while mutated ebola gets an airplane ride to atlanta, georgia to be studied. too close for comfort

for the record:didnt read that canada invaded from this sight, but dont doubt it made its rounds here as well

Talk about believing in voodoo!

You can have all the vaccinations you want but if you drink filthy water, you will get cholera or some other external expression of the fact that you've poisoned your body and all of your organs are giving up the ghost. The "rescuers" knew that this would happen when they arrived but after all this time, have not setup a clean water supply to stop people from having to drink the putrid stuff.

new topics

top topics

join