It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans fascination with guns and the military

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesOfTheFuture

Originally posted by Majic
The only people who believe the idea that removing guns from American society will reduce crime are those who have been successfully duped into believing it by those who are funding civilian disarmament initiatives.

Who are "they" if I may ask? And What are your reason for putting a greater trust in the arguments supplied by the opposite side, which I assume are funded byt the weapon manufacturers?

Originally posted by MajicThe purpose behind "gun control" is not to reduce crime, but to increase control.

And who are "they" who want "control"? I thought the movement behind gun control mainly came from worried parents, environment activists and similar groups?

Follow the money being funneled into the alphabet soup of "gun control" groups, and you will find that the people behind them care nothing about crime, "gun safety" or anything but disarming the people of the United States and other nations they wish to control. These same people seek to weaken targeted nations in other ways, and it is part of a larger agenda.

If you are willing to believe that the dozens of "anti-gun" groups are founded in the interest of public safety, then you are willing to believe an easily disproven lie. But don't take my word for it, the truth is out there if you are willing to look for it.

A few hours of research will tell you all you need to know about these people. Give it a few years of honest inquiry, and you'll know more than you ever wanted to know about their masters.

Don't believe any single source. Rather, educate yourself about the problem as a whole, then draw your own conclusions.

Anyone who seeks to take power away from you is not doing so for your own good.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I remember hearing about a social experiment done in (I think ) the 70s when I was in 10th grade social studies class. They had compared a town in (again I think) california which had banned guns and increased police personnell to a town n (I think) georgia where they had passed a law that all able bodied citizens who were not felons were REQUIRED to carry a gun while in public. The results were predictible while the gun banning town saw a huge surge in crime the gun requiring town saw a huge drop. If anyone has a copy of this study could you please post a link.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
As to the original question its simple. America has always had the mythos of the noble warrior at the core of its identity. From the mountain men of our early history to the gunslingers of the early 19th and the dirty harry today. The image of the lone hero standing up to the forces of evil smoke drifting gently in the breeze from the muzzle of his gun is as Iconic as an image as you can find in America. From Davy Crokett to Jeremiah Johnson, to Wyat Earp, to Clint Eastwood The same basic iconic image is revered. And in all the myths his weapon is a force of good. Unlike other older countries whose myths surround swords as the iconic weapon for good, America was born in blood and fire, babtised in sweat, and weaned on gunpowder. We are the people of the gun and we are a great trbe.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Guns and rifles give us protection and self discipline knowing how to use a gun and the gun laws gives you great appreciation for it and does teach you discipline and unless you are just intent on killing someone. Plus it is not like its a bad thing to know how to use a gun you never know when it will come in handy. Below are just some of my favorite hand guns.

Aren't they beautiful

[edit on 22-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

[edit on 22-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
As far as pistols go I always liked the Desert Eagle and I like most semi-auto 9mms. Some nices pics. But WPs right it doesn't hurt to be prepared. Knowing how to use a gun is totally different from using a gun.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join