It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is looking alot brighter to me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hiya fellas...

Yes ATS is looking alot better to me as of late, I realize I had to get in step with the process round these here parts, but thanks for the chance I have been given and all the help I have received from staff and veteran members...

I do have a few suggestions though, I would love to see a :yawn: emoticon
also the four rows of emoticons to the right are that all there is or am I missing a clicky to open up a full page of them like some sites have ?

Also I noticed I have to scroll UP when I am in a topic reading and when I get to the end there is no page numbering at the bottom nor is there a way to return to the head of the directory/section without scrolling back up to click on the section that is just above the topic title.

I know it sounds kinda lazy but it was one thing I was thinking of possibly needed to be added.

I was also thinking of having a disposition of either male/female in the user profile section, unless I am missing that too ? I will have to go back and check since I do not sniff many profile out. (but of course lets not discriminate and offer a selection for androgynous there too I suppose) lol ?

Another cool idea I was thinking about would be having handedness in the profile section too, where one could select which hand they wrote with... I would not suggest ambidexterity though as no one is truly ambidextrous.

whatta ya think ? (atleast the missing option to select a page and return to the top of the directory at the bottom of the page inside a topic)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You can press your "home" key to auto scroll to the top of the page..if you have one, that is!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

I flagged your thread right off because I agree that after the changes the site seems to have settled down for the better. I have noticed there are a number of new kickass members as well. Bright ones indeed. My hats off to
to my beloved site and all the newest who are making this site better everyday. God I love this place.

edit on 22-12-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
if there was a male/female button I would still be careful of trying to pick up women on this site as it could be a man acting like a women and that now thats freaking scary.
edit on 22-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ScepticalBeliever

ah that was a cool trick... but that means I have to lean forward because I am all laxed back in my chair and I am currently using a laptop now (the keyboard is weird enough compared to a fullsize) I think I will buy me a usb keyboard or maybe I can program one of my mouse buttons to be a 'home' key.

of course cause I have a handedness issue, I have always used one of these...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/897b067af8a2.jpg[/atsimg]

with my left ring-finger being my left click... thumb for right click.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
if there was a male/female button I would still be careful of trying to pick up women on this site as it could be a man acting like a women and that now thats freaking scary.
edit on 22-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

well one can almost tell just by reading a person... I am not sure if that's a lefty thing or just putting some age on, still one could gauge how honest a person was being if they selected female but spoke/typed as a male.

I am male myself if one could not tell already...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

There's a "Top" link at the bottom of every page that takes you to, you guessed it, the Top of the page you're viewing.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

oh I see it now, it is very tiny and green lettering... duhh sorry man.

Hey how bout the ability to make a "poll" or am I missing that too when one goes to make a topic ?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

I do have a few suggestions though, I would love to see a :yawn: emoticon

Yeah there's nothing this site needs more then thinly veiled insults with no thought behind them
:bnghd:
edit on 23-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

a smile could be considered an insult Sir Spanners...

glad you followed me here, is there some automated thing I am missing too that allows me to follow people around by every post they make ?

surely you have found it !

top topics

join