It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw lights in the sky *changed title for the sensitive of you

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by c0ldPhr34k
reply to post by dmefoc

mmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Another great story with ZERO clear pics or video evidence in this day and age. First a dead battery and then the blaming of your blackberry. I have a blackberry and I can take some amazing shots with it. (You can ask Crystal Cove the stripper from Spearmint Rhino in London UK how good my pics can be with a BB).

I have no belief in peoples stories with no proof. PROOF is everything. When you have modern technology and all you can do is blame IT for you lack of proof then I smell BS.

Well you're just the epitome of that perfect poster-person I do declare. And seeing you don't believe this then, I guess we can put this to rest and all just crawl back under our rocks again.
Thanks for stopping by

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

it seems the "deny ignorance" motto is not popular in the Aliens & Ufo's section.

Seriously this is on the level of some Bible Thumpers.

Since you all are obsessed with UFOs, therefore mere words are enough proof of it.
No one here was denying or justifying the existence of extraterrestrial life and the UFO phenomenon.

Just the lack of evidence presented.

But the level of extreme y'all go to present this while saying whoever disagrees is sensitive or such,
sorry guys, but it puts this right on the level of a Religion.

You want to believe so much, you totally forget notion of what is right or not.

By the way Human Alien, who nominated you this section's bouncer? You don't get to pick who posts or not, or just because we don't agree with this we have no right to post.

Check yourself for blind faith at the door

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

No problemo. Like I said, I'm not a huge conspiracy theorist or sky watcher or anything like that...I am just very intrigued about a lot of things, which is why I enjoy visiting this site. I like reading about different people's ideas or theories of what strange things may be , or mean, and the O.P.s original post caught my eye. I just found it extremely odd, when I found myself thinking "wouldn't it be strange if this fella was also in Iowa", and then lo and behold he was lol.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU

it seems the "deny ignorance" motto is not popular in the Aliens & Ufo's section.

Seriously this is on the level of some Bible Thumpers.

Since you all are obsessed with UFOs, therefore mere words are enough proof of it.
No one here was denying or justifying the existence of extraterrestrial life and the UFO phenomenon.

Just the lack of evidence presented.

But the level of extreme y'all go to present this while saying whoever disagrees is sensitive or such,
sorry guys, but it puts this right on the level of a Religion.

By the way Human Alien, who nominated you this section's bouncer? You don't get to pick who posts or not, or just because we don't agree with this we have no right to post.

Check yourself for blind faith at the door

I think you are seriously misinterpreting everything that has been posted in this thread. If people can't share experiences with others than what is the point of the message board. I didn't take any pictures either, does that make me less believable? I have no reason to make it up, and I have no reason to believe what I saw was otherworldly. Do I think it could have been? Sure. Do I think it might not have been? That's possible too. All I know is both of us saw something that we thought was interesting. The fact that the original poster saw/experienced, the exact same thing as myself, living 3 hours away from me, caught my attention. It certainly wasn't a coincidence. It was something worth sharing, and I'm glad he did. So does "deny ignorance" mean unless you have some sort of exhibit to use as evidence of your experience, you should keep it to yourself? And how is this on the level of "bible thumpers"? First of all, it is extremely distasteful of you to denounce people for their religion or beliefs, and secondly you say nobody is denying or supporting their claims or reasoning behind thinking there may or may not be extra-terrestrial life, because nobody provided pictures?? I would argue that the mere fact there are people sharing happenings with others is evidence enough to warrant some sort of conversation. I guess I just don't understand why it bothers you so much that someone would share something they thought was interesting with other people, who might also find it interesting. If you aren't happy with a thread, you don't have to continue opening it...So human-alien isn't the forums "bouncer"....okay. But are you acting any differently with your inflammatory responses? I don't think so.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

First off, speak for yourself.
Believe?
I am waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay pass that.
I know (not that this particular event is 100% real although I suspect it probably is) rather, I just 'know'.

Hey? Do you believe I was abducted?
Didn't think so.
Doesn't mean it didn't happen and at that point, do you even THINK I even care whether or not you believe me? It changes NOTHING about my experience. You not believing doesn't make my experience any more or any less, real!
Same with people who have had sightings. It doesn't matter at the end of the day (although it's frustrating because it's nice to have camaraderie in our fellow peers)

Case closed (as is your mind)
edit on 23-12-2010 by Human_Alien because: clarification

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
All im saying is you guys won't ever be taken seriously with just reports.
Because in the share of experiences just through word of mouth, what keeps people from lying or making it up just to start a convo? You Would be surprised on how often it happens.

Black Triangles with 3 lights are the new Greys and Flying Saucers, nobody see's those anymore, the reports become trends and then trends become the reports.

But there have been enough unrelated and evidence backed reports about them that one needs not wonder, its a human built aircraft, still on black project status.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

By the way Human Alien, who nominated you this section's bouncer? You don't get to pick who posts or not,

You're right. I'm not but apparently the MODS feel some of your posts weren't up to snuff though. Funny, none of my posts have been removed.

You're way out of line.

There's a certain part of my Being that wants to protect others who have had experiences and can't prove it. For it takes one to know (and care about) one.

And you..........you just creep me out. Why are you even here?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

All im saying is you guys won't ever be taken seriously with just reports.

Once again, SPEAK FOR YOURSELF.

Who made you the judge?

I am taking the OP quite seriously thank you.

Really. You are as annoying as a mosquito. Go find another thread to suck some blood out of, huh?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Until science can provide us with camera implants in our eyes to record our day to day activities (Farcebook would jump all over this one), we will // may all see things that make us go "ooooh, look at that, wish I had a camera to show pics to people".

Most of us have camera's on our mobile phones, but sadly even the best of them usually can't pick enough light at night to photograph what we see, I only just managed to capture Venus on my 3.2MP SE K800i camera phone.

It is always interesting to hear other peoples experiences, with or without pics, as it may be something you have seen yourself, or similar, and if it is you can relate to the post.

As for the swearing on someones life, it's really just an expression to make people try and believe that you are telling the truth, and at the time it seems more effective swearing on the life of a loved one than yourself. Don't read too much into it, the OP probably loves his // her daughter that much that he // she believes that people will take them more seriously should they make that statement.

As far as the topic, I have seen a triangle of lights in space, star // satellite sized, which slowly came together as a fourth light moved to the centre, this was about 10 years ago and all of the group I was with witnessed it, and I'm a skeptic, lol.

Peace and love this Christmas folks, all the best.
edit on 23/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Sure i will, soon as you crawl off your high horse.

i don't even care about repercussions from the ATS staff, say what you want about me, you are not innocent either.
and if mods really take a look, you only using this thread to promote sites, add to your post count and insult other members.

the only thing you protect is ignorance.

Eff off.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

You just proved my point from an earlier post. Nothing but inflammatory responses to posts that you are misinterpreting...I don't have pictures, I don't have video. All I have is what I know I saw, which happens to be what someone who lives 140 miles up the road from me saw. I personally enjoyed reading his account, with or without pictures. I don't know why you are so bent out of shape about people "proving" it. I don't need to prove anything, as I have my own opinions, ideas, and theories about what I may or may not have seen. Would I like to know for sure what it was? Of course. If I don't ever know what it was am I going to tirelessly search until the death of me? Nope. And if it makes you upset that a handful of people conversed about their experiences without providing you a show and tell, go sit outside with a fancy camera, and hit record until you find something, and then come running back to post it, so you can say look, look what I have to offer. I don't really believe anybody needs your insults or doubt for this conversation to continue. Like I said, I believe the O.P. saw something worthy of conversation, because I saw the exact same thing, and I was extremely excited to open the thread and find he was also in Iowa.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Sure i will, soon as you crawl off your high horse.

i don't even care about repercussions from the ATS staff, say what you want about me, you are not innocent either.
and if mods really take a look, you only using this thread to promote sites, add to your post count and insult other members.

the only thing you protect is ignorance.

Eff off.

Are you for real? Really?
Promote sites? Like what....MUFON/NUFORC? Do you think I get a kick-back from them? I am trying to be helpful to the UFO community.

My post counts? I never ever even look at my 'score' for I am older than 18 years.

Insult others? When I feel someone should be corrected (i.e. being so sensitive about 'swearing on someone') then yes, I speak my mind. I don't believe I've been insulting to anyone except you. Deserving-ly so.

I just don't understand. If this thread isn't doing it for you (and you already made your stance and said your piece) why are you still lurking about? You're like a sniper whose lying in wait and ready to ambush people.

If I can't relate to 'Jesus' threads (for that's not my thing), I would not only withhold negative comments but, I wouldn't even peruse the pages.
So what's your game here?

Your opinion has been noted and I believe it's time for your nap.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
why are you still lurking about? You're like a sniper whose lying in wait and ready to ambush people.

Funny, you should ask yourself the same. YOU ARE the one who keeps replying to me.
I could be acused of trolling yeah, but you are the one feeding me.

Therefore making you as guilty as i am.

No one brought up age into the discussion, no need to feel insecure or justify about your own.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by deccal

so..hopefully YOU won't see something and have no digital picture taking equipment to back it up.
yours is a scientific approach which has its place but here we are supposed to lay our witness cards out
on the table without fear..if a person lies sooner or later it will catch up to them anyway. I've heard these
triangle things are govt. produced anyway..if not..whowee we have a lot to learn about what's really going
on..less it's another government's "toy" and they are ALLOWED to fly it thru our airspace.
www.ask.com...
one or two miles across in length would be huge and if a real craft would have to be carefully maneuvered
to avoid another's airspace.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I was brought here by the thread title.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Hey Im in Des Moines now, with my daughter (who some dont believe I have.. lol) for the holidays.

Now, I want to clarify something. I did NOT see ANY OBJECT. I simply saw lights that formed a triangle.

They were NOT stars shining through the clouds, unless stars move and then disappear.

The time I saw them the clouds were heavy enough to block out the moon, but some light was still shining through. I will be the first to admit, one thing I thought of was that MAYBE it was just moon lighting the clouds, but then I remembered the way that all moved.

I did hear a low hum, but honestly, if youre familiar with coralville at all, I live by Geico, and that isnt far from I 80 or a busy street.

I am not claiming this was ANYTHING, I am claiming I saw 3 lights, that (maybe coincidentally?) formed a triangle, and moved in a way that was just eerily spooky.

I could let my imagination run wild and speculate that the "slants" were helicopters in pursuit, chasing a UFO, but I believe they were just illuminated clouds.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Could it be that the OP just used that as a figure of speech to get his point across? I doubt he actually meant what he said about his daughter's life, at least in a literal sense. Could it be that what the OP saw shook him up so badly he couldn't come up with a proper discription of how serious he is? If he was "at a loss for words" we wouldn't have him posting here.

Anyways, the mothership is due in 10 minutes so I've got to make sure the landing site is ready. See you after we unload.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
What was the original title? Im intrigued to know why it was changed

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
What was the original title? Im intrigued to know why it was changed

Something like: "I saw lights in the Sky I swear on my daughters life....."

I wonder if that's also considered a terrorist threat these days?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join