It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw lights in the sky *changed title for the sensitive of you

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysteryskeptic
I need to patent a smoke pack night camera. Camera can hold cigs and a lighter
it seems like 90% of all mufon reports start off by saying I went out side for a smoke.

Ok, I'm not hear to preach, but to anyone who smokes, take a camera with you.
Smokers are 90% more likely to see something cool in the sky!

For the OP, lesson learned, you smoke, take a working camera outside every time,

Even with a photo the skeptics always come with the "to blurry" "obvious plane" "Chinese lantern" "cgi"
It's a fact of life that some will not believe anything presented and feel the need to demean anyone that even remotely shakes up their view. Is is fostered by religious beliefs, fear, insecurities, etc. who knows?

I have seen so many ufos, I have lost count. I don't claim otherworldly, just unidentified flying objects.

edit on 22-12-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not but I think people have a desire to explain to a potential skeptic WHY they were outside at night just lackadaisically gazing at the sky, to begin with.
It helps to thwart off "you must've been drunk" comments that seem to grace these pages.

When dealing with anyone's involvement concerning UFOs, we're almost at the point where a credit check will be needed to measure your believability.
Let's face it, thanks to society,we've learned to trust NO ONE without a college diploma, rank, status, bank account, all their teeth and vehicle less than a decade old.

It's sad.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

mmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Another great story with ZERO clear pics or video evidence in this day and age. First a dead battery and then the blaming of your blackberry. I have a blackberry and I can take some amazing shots with it. (You can ask Crystal Cove the stripper from Spearmint Rhino in London UK how good my pics can be with a BB).

I have no belief in peoples stories with no proof. PROOF is everything. When you have modern technology and all you can do is blame IT for you lack of proof then I smell BS.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by c0ldPhr34k
reply to post by dmefoc

I have no belief in peoples stories with no proof.

Well then......We thank you for chiming in and please be sure to pick up your lovely parting gift

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Just to confirm, I'm not bashing smokers. I do know the reason why a smoker is 90% more likely to see a UFO is because they are outside. Not because of Tar or anything like that.

But if you read sitings on mufon or ATS or other sites you will find a trend.
Smokers have a better chance since they are outside.

It baffles me why anyone who smokes and is interested in the UFO topic doesn't carry a camera or a iphone with them.
If a person does see a ufo and can take even a blurry picture at least it is something.

You can bet if I ever capture something cool, I could careless what people think.
if I can show a blurry picture well that's first for me, and if anyone else believes than good because a blurry picture helps an encounter story of a cool object.
For me,
I carry a camera with me, it's in my car when I drive and goes with me in my house for a quick grab if need.
Because I take this stuff seriously and if I can get a picture you'll know it, but so far nothing.
UFO's to Ghosts.

I can only give recomendations, you want people to believe then you got to give them something other than another story.

But stories are nice and interesting, I like reading them but it will never get more than oh that's a cool story from me with out more proof.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

WTf one extreme or the other with you huh? Changing the title got you one more flag anyway. The first was just a little over the top for me. But I'M NOT THAT SENSITIVE and no body better ever say that I am. Cause I'm not.
OK?
Then you replace it with this brutally honest,Ok I seen some friggin lights

Any way I hope you get settled in now and get some good responses on this and congrads on your sighting.
I've seen five different kinds on five different occasions my self and caught one in a pic I took in the back yard.
I did get at least as excited as you everytime. good luck and Merry Merry.:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by c0ldPhr34k
reply to post by dmefoc

mmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Another great story with ZERO clear pics or video evidence in this day and age. First a dead battery and then the blaming of your blackberry. I have a blackberry and I can take some amazing shots with it. (You can ask Crystal Cove the stripper from Spearmint Rhino in London UK how good my pics can be with a BB).

I have no belief in peoples stories with no proof. PROOF is everything. When you have modern technology and all you can do is blame IT for you lack of proof then I smell BS.

Lol.. Crystal Cove probably would like to know why you were sneaky pictures instead of paying for lap dances like the other guys. You kinda seem like a wanna-be, no offense.

As for no proof.. if I took pictures from inside an alien craft, I have a feeling YOU would be the type to ask "what hollywood set is that from?"

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I believe you , there are things that you just cant explain,i saw similar back in th 60s , told it was a weather balloon !!! , dnt think so, like you i dont know alot bout these things, your not hurting anyone by swearing on your daughters life , xx

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

italians swear on the deceased relatives lives' all the time...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysteryskeptic

Smokers have a better chance since they are outside.

It baffles me why anyone who smokes and is interested in the UFO topic doesn't carry a camera or a iphone with them.

It baffles me why you're so baffled by this. It makes perfect sense to me. Smokers, because of the constraints society has put on them, are constantly outdoors smoking now. So if the average smoker smokes a pack of cigarettes a day, they are outdoors 20 times a day.
How many times are you, a non-smoker, just standing outdoors checking out the sky at night? Probably not that often because most people go outdoors (especially at night) for a general purpose. Like taking out the trash. Or shoveling snow. Or walking their dog. Not many people (non-smokers) decide to sashay outside at 11PM just to check out the skies.
So where and why are you having trouble with this scenario?

And take a camera with every time you step outside? That seems like a cumbersome task to undertake 20 times a day. I think people are overly attached to their electronic gadgets anyway, so a break from them is highly recommended.

And on the flipside, when we do have someone submitting their cell-phone photos, we tear them a new one for the poor quality of it. So really...there's no perfect situation.

Anyway.....this is not about us believing the OP. It's about the OP being able to share their story. Once upon a time, that's all people did. They sat around and talked about the events in their lives and........WITHOUT having to cough up PROOF.
Ah, the good ol' days!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

I don't even bother arguing anymore, but I see these things all the time over here in the lower hudson valley. Its actually the reason I joined here. Im working on putting some video together as they appear about every single night here. Welcome to the club man, those who believe, believe, those who don't, won't. You could have the best video tape in the world of an alien in kickin it on your lawn and still, those who believe would believe, those who don't, wont. Its a frustrating thing, especially when these things sit over your house and everyone refuses to look!

I think theyre making theyre presence known more and more, so in time, more shall wake up. Discovering alien life was the best thing that ever happened to me. Restored my faith in religion, helped me realize the beauty and intricacy of the design of the universe, and just really put things in perspective. They are real, and they are around.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

It is sad that you have to swear on someone elses life for someone to believe you. (Especially your child's life). You are missing something.................

Come on grow up, it's an expression. Millions of people say that exact thing all the time and they can say it if they want. You taking it literally, like they bargaining on their childrens/loved ones lives. Too much petty crap clogging up information highways.
edit on 23-12-2010 by AceStyler because: wanted to put original quote in

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by staciebee

To be honest, it does not matter whether people believe you or not when you are reporting for the purpose of giving information so that others can know what to do when they are in a similar situation. Not everyone has a camera ready in time to take a photo if the vision is a short one, but the real purpose of sharing information is to help other people to be ready if they should see one too.

We should all discuss these things without fear of disbelief. There are hoaxters aplenty but that is their problem. If you are not doing a hoax, then just trust in your own eyes and your own memory so that it benefits the rest of us.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

To the O.P.,
This post was extremely strange to me, not that I didn't believe you, but that I honestly believe I saw what you saw. I live in Woodward, Iowa, pretty small town, near DSM. At about 8:30/9 PM, I heard what sounded like 2 or 3 helicopters flying over my house, they sounded pretty low, so I went outside to check it out. Sure enough I saw the identifier lights of 2/3 helicopters. When I heard them I thought it was strange, I live relatively close to Camp Dodge, and there is an Aviation Unit in Boone, both are about 20 miles from here, but very rarely have I ever heard helicopters flying that low, at that time of the evening, unless they were life flight. But that wasn't the weird part. In the sky just ahead of the choppers, were 3 lights, that were definitely not stars. I don't know about what the skies were like in IC last night, but here, there was little visibility above the clouds, and the lights I saw, the helicopters, and the 3 strange lights (which were in fact triangular in shape), were the only lights I could see in the sky. I'm not the first person in this area to have seen aforementioned lights either. I've got a good friend, who as seen the lights, along with her husband and mother in law. When her husband saw it, he described it as being very low, and scaring the hell out of him. He said it was just before sundown so he could see some features of whatever it was, said that it was unlike any aircraft he'd ever seen, was very big, triangular, and along the sides he could see, there was just one huge window, that stretched the length of the craft. I'm not kidding, when I opened your post I was thinking to myself, how weird would it be if this guy was in Iowa.....and sure enough.....keep your eyes on the skies! I'm not a non-believer when it comes to this stuff, but I am very skeptical most of the time. I believe life is out there....but I also know sometimes we try too hard to convince ourselves we are seeing something....but I don't believe your experience, or my friend's experiences, or my experience, were the result of that. I definitely saw something that creeped me out. Cheers, have a good day, and go Hawks!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mademyself1984

Are you saying this might all be the same event? You, your friend's husband and OP? If so, isn't there a discrepancy in the time? You say your friends husband saw this around sunset. Doesn't the Sun set around 5-ish?
In any event, did you become a member today just to report this on this thread? Just curious.

I implore you, your friend's husband and the OP to please report this on MUFON and NUFORC website which I posted earlier for your convenience and easy access.

I think it's of significance and value especially in hindsight. I mean, let's say someone later on claims that on the night of Dec 20th in Iowa, they had an encounter or a cow mutilation etc.. And went on to describe their sighting (with three lights etc) just the way you guys are. That would be extremely beneficial to the credibility and possibly, understanding (and acceptance) of such an event.

So please.......use these reporting venues.
They are at your disposal and for just this purpose

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Are you saying this might all be the same event? You, your friend's husband and OP? If so, isn't there a discrepancy in the time? You say your friends husband saw this around sunset. Doesn't the Sun set around 5-ish?
In any event, did you become a member today just to report this on this thread? Just curious.

I implore you, your friend's husband and the OP to please report this on MUFON and NUFORC website which I posted earlier for your convenience and easy access.

I think it's of significance and value especially in hindsight. I mean, let's say someone later on claims that on the night of Dec 20th in Iowa, they had an encounter or a cow mutilation etc.. And went on to describe their sighting (with three lights etc) just the way you guys are. That would be extremely beneficial to the credibility and possibly, understanding (and acceptance) of such an event.

So please.......use these reporting venues.
They are at your disposal and for just this purpose

I'm sorry for the confusion, I believe it is the same subject, at different times. I think last night it may have perhaps been the same event, however, my friend and her husband, have seen the phenomenon a total of 3 times, he saw it first alone, while he was walking to his mother's, who lives 2 houses away. He ran in and got her and she saw it then too. That was the first "sighting" earlier this year, in the summer. Then he told his wife about it who was skeptical, until she saw it out of her bathroom window, she ran outside and only saw it for a few seconds before it had disappeared. Both of those events were reported on the national UFO reporting Center database. But to your question about my becoming a member, I had been a member previously when I was deployed to Iraq, but I never posted much. When I saw this thread I wanted to reply to the OP because of the proximity of our locations, and seeing essentially the same thing, but I couldn't log onto my old account, so I just created a new one. And I have posted my "experience" on the same database, but I don't see it showing up just yet. It's actually saved in my favorites, because after my friend's husband's sighting, he drew a sketch of what he saw, he's a very good artist, so I like to check in and see if people have seen something similar, and in what areas of the state at what times. The curious thing about this "triangle" is there are a couple of instances in the log where it is seen somewhere in Iowa, then 15 minutes to an hour later, it's seen somewhere completely different. It definitely caught my curiosity and I have become an even bigger fan of "watching the skies" than I ever was before. Even if space was just us....and nothing else was out there....it's still unbelievably interesting...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I cant start a thread so im posting here ... im not much into ufo's but this may be interesting for you guyz ..... New Zealand military releases UFO files

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Im in Bettendorf, Iowa, but didnt see anything. Nice heads up tho, i deff believe you.

Jeenyus-

p.s. Ive seen the same kind of lights as you described....also while i was outside smoking

edit on 23-12-2010 by jeenyus2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

I've seen this too. I've seen these pyramid light structures multiple times, though only once close enough to be sure. Watch the sky on a clear night and you might notice them at high altitudes, they look like stars when they're that far away but you'll notice the light's seperating and the 'star' moving across the sky.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Hey, thank you for the explanation.

I have a hunch, these mega sized triangular crafts are Earth-owned especially after one hovered over Phoenix in 1997. I just have a feeling it's to test people's shock-value and possibly as a set up too (something along the lines of a Project Bluebeam for a later date). There's no doubt about it, these crafts definitely exist. Now it's a matter of figuring out who they're registered to!

Thanks again

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join