It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw lights in the sky *changed title for the sensitive of you

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

I can understand going overboard however it might be a bit more parent-like
if he swore on his own life instead of an innocent child or someone elses.

My ex-wife used to do that all the time (drove me nuts) till I broke her habit of doing
that.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
yeah i believe OP, let's all just reassure each other's that the truth is out there.

keep your eyes on the sky...

Group Hug!!

We all believe in something! Can't take that away.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by deccal
Ok,
i am opening the karma.
Options:
A) OP will prove that he really has a daughter.

take a look at my facebook page, add me if youd like. My name is Chris Laidlaw, and I am under US Army and Kirkwood. Who would you think is on my shoulders in my profile pic?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by deccal
But you will be more trolled after you realize that "she" the OP is lying.

Can we move on?! Seriously. The OP came here to share an experience in which he didn't have time to set up a tripod and take a picture. The evidence is in his words. That's it. No pic. Nothing else to go on. Don't like that? Move on then. I think it's great that people share experiences with one another. Why do you have to feel you are being trolled. Walk away if you feel you are being slighted. Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzusssss

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

But im sure the irony in my post is much more visible than the OPs strange lights.

And the only thing proven in this thread is that the UFO crowd is easy to dismiss, that's why you guys keep praying on disclosure but you should worry more about being taken seriously.

All you see in this thread is that you all are quick to flock and put up picket signs of support for little more than words, most of the posters post just to say they wish to see something... or share their own words, advertise sites, excuse me this is a internet forum, not a UFO Anonymous where you all just come to pat each others in the back and reassure each others, even though you're enjoying biased moderating too, i think as an open forum and as long as in line with the T&C theres still free speech to those that don't agree.

I too have seen many things in the sky i cannot explain as of this world, why speak on it without proof?
To start a useless thread that ended up like this?

Plus if one trully believes one needs no hope or reassurance from others that something is out there.

one knows, so all else doesn't matter.

I hope when they come down they teach you all how wrong is to swear on a life.

edit on 22/12/10 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Ok, guys.. I swore on my daughters life for the simple fact that I am telling the truth. I want to get that conveyed to some of you so I dont have to bother reading 100 "pics or it didnt happen"

Read my post, I TRIED to take pics, I can picturemail someone if they would like to see how it turned out, you will be mightily dissappointed, and if you have a blackberry, it shows the TIME the picture was taken, so you can at the same time verify what I was TRYING to photograph.

I literally came on to ATS, hands shaking, feeling wierd about what I had just saw and posted immediately.

It is still spookin me out, and the clouds have cleared a bit here so I obviously cannot see anything in the clouds anymore, just the moon.

for the poster saying it wasnt well described, Ill try this:

Round/circular lights like a spotlight being shined UP or something lighting the clouds above them, or in them.
the shape was a triangle. If you look in the sky, hold your thumb and index finger about an inch apart, that is how big the triangle was between all circles
when it moved, all 3 circles went in unison, and when it disappeared, two of the circles disappeared at once, and one was left that faded.

I dont know how more descriptive I could be, but let me know.. its not like I saw any object, and Im NOT claiming this is a UFO, but it had a triangular shape and creeped me out big time

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

So when you don't swear on your daughter it means you are just lying? Is that what you are implying?
Because that's how it sounds.

Fear of deniers shouldn't keep the truth from being simple and straight to the point.

And you all totally missed the point, no one here dismissed that the OP saw anything, he just took the wrong approach in trying to convince us.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

that's why you guys keep praying on disclosure but you should worry more about being taken seriously.

You assumed that about me. I am not "you guys". And if I were to pray it wouldn't be for disclosure it would be to find more work and catch up on my bills.

I too have seen many things in the sky i cannot explain as of this world, why speak on it without proof?
To start a useless thread that ended up like this?

This forum is not just for analyzing youtube videos and crazy blogger pics. It's about sharing experiences.

I hope when they come down they teach you all how wrong is to swear on a life.

Ahhhhh, so you are the one hoping "they" come down?!
Seems like your the one praying for disclosure.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

reply to post by dmefoc

So when you don't swear on your daughter it means you are just lying? Is that what you are implying?
Because that's how it sounds.

Fear of deniers shouldn't keep the truth from being simple and straight to the point.

And you all totally missed the point, no one here dismissed that the OP saw anything, he just took the wrong approach in trying to convince us.

you caught me, darn it.. you caught the tator..

No, I was implying that I am dead serious. I havent trolled this site like some of the "my dog pooped on sector 3-11-b-1-d instead of sector 1-1-3-4-c today, so the world is ending" I have always spoke my mind, and been truthful.

You on the other hand, seem insecure about honesty.. do you want a hug?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

I remember when I saw the first thing in the sky that I couldn’t explain back in 2008. It was amazing. A moment I will never forget. I told everyone about it. Now I keep my mouth shut. Wonder why?

My grandmother always told a story of seeing a UFO in Brazil during the Olympics way back when. I always thought “crazy grandma, probably drinking”. Right up until 2008. Sadly, by that time she had passed and I didn’t get to share my experience with her.

Don’t let anyone else take away from what you saw.

To all the people who may think I’ve jumped on the UFO spotting bandwagon, I really couldn’t care less if the OP’s sighting was real or not. I am here to offer support in case it is true. I am not emotionally invested, and I am surprised by how many posters here seem to be.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

I believe your story and gave you a star. Some of these posters are overly sensitive and frankly, they get on my nerves. I wouldn't personally swear on my child's life, but I do understand why you did so. Some people just don't believe anything. I'm gonna love it when they find something hovering over their homes and don't have a camera ready and freak out and people ridicule them.

Thank you for posting your story! It sounds like what many people have seen. I haven't seen the triangular craft yet, but I want to and I'm jealous of the ones who have, HA HA!

More and more skeptics are becoming believers. Even the site owner had a siting the other day. Something is definitely out there.

Also, as an owner of a blackberry, I understand the crappiness of the camera!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

No.

And im just gonna walk away from this thread.
I'm sorry for ever giving this any attention.

Now i know not to cross in the Believers turf...

Good Luck Y'all
edit on 22/12/10 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

I think it's been said that only 2% of all UFO sightings get reported. First problem is: where to report it. Second problem is: What exactly are you reporting?

I like that NUFORC and MUFON have extended a database for all to use. I think it would be mighty helpful if more people would use these venues.If for nothing else, for future corroboration.

I came across several interesting sightings in Iowa that fit your overall description:

11/4/10 07:00
Sioux City IA
Light
30-45 seconds
3 white lights turn to 1 and wobble in the sky
11/21/10

11/21/10
9/7/10 02:30
Mt. Pleasant IA
Triangle
120 (duration)
Triangular craft moving very fast in odd directions.
11/21/10

9/26/10 19:00
Audubon IA
Oval
3 hours
Three different bright lights that did not move, yet when seen with binoculars had red blinking lights.
11/21/10

7/31/10 22:00
Waukon (15 miles SE of) IA
Unknown
5 mins
Triangular/V-shape UFO spotted over North East Iowa.
8/24/10

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

And im just gonna walk away from this thread.
I'm sorry for ever giving this any attention.

Now i know not to cross in the Believers turf...

Good Luck Y'all

Don't be sorry, just try not to let it happen again. Crying over the use of "swear on my daughters life" is just silly. I'm glad you have let it go. Must feel much better now.

hugs

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

Who cares what the cover of a book looks like????? It's the same difference

So what OP used a less-than-crowd-pleasing title to a thread?
Get OVER it.
It has NOTHING whatsoever to do with the substance.

You are causing a distraction due to your insecurity!
If you didn't like it you could have easily (and believe me, preferably) passed it by. But nope! You just HAD to let the entire thread-reading world know just how you felt. Man are you arrogant. Who cares about your feelings on someone elses thread?

You are really annoying the flow of this thread.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I need to patent a smoke pack night camera. Camera can hold cigs and a lighter
it seems like 90% of all mufon reports start off by saying I went out side for a smoke.

Ok, I'm not hear to preach, but to anyone who smokes, take a camera with you.
Smokers are 90% more likely to see something cool in the sky!

For the OP, lesson learned, you smoke, take a working camera outside every time,

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
It isn't that "smokers" see UFOs because they smoke, it is because while the rest of you are watching American Idol and "Dancing with the stars" ... These people are inhaling tar staring up at the sky...

Duh!
(I smoke... ease off)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join