It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw lights in the sky *changed title for the sensitive of you

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
reply to post by Human_Alien

Maybe the responses are because, by OPs own admission he is critical of others who have gotten on here and have done the same thing that he has just done. Maybe some of those responders are people he has done it to.

You might be right but I doubt it because they would've taken the opportunity to remind him of it then...humiliate him in a public venue. Much like a lynch mobbing.

Again, the replies so far are very disheartening.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

I never sweared on anyone's life or anything for that matter.

I always speak the truth(as eye see it), so i have no fear of others doubting me, if they do i don't really care either.

People who need to swear they are telling the truth, you have lied before haven't you?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. D
reply to post by dmefoc

It is sad that you have to swear on someone elses life for someone to believe you.
(Especially your child's life). You are missing something.................

No doubt that the OP went overboard with a simple sighting of unidentified lights which are about the least belieable reports connected with UFOs. On top of that he ends with "...and I am a bit spooked right now." Over lights! As if seeing a UFO in daylight was even more spookier! Sure, they're marvelous experiences as I've experienced but I never got "spooked", I was just fascinated. I guess it takes all types.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by deccal

Your tone is surprisingly demanding.

That's why I commented at all...and even your second reply is...shockly demanding! Is this your website? If so, I guess you can demand what you like, if not, you might try re-wording the demand into a suggestion. It's an easier pill to swallow.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by endtimer

.................and your contribution is what exactly? Telling OP how to act and down-playing OPs excitement?

Please! Take a hike to another thread.

I swear (whoops. My bad) I didn't expect to see responses like this.
What a wonderful, loving, understanding, kinship and kind world we live in!!! /end sarcasm

I clearly stated that I believed the OP, but to take a breath
and calm down. I guess I should be tarred and feathered>

You then state "what a wonderful, loving, understanding, kinship and kind world we live in",
and you also tell me to take a hike to another thread. Who the crap put you in
charge? Let the OP lob one at me if he feels like doing so. Are you his momma?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by staciebee

What website?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
reply to post by Human_Alien

Oh so you're so hopefully keeping your eyes in the sky you are gonna go against whoever made a valid point against the OP.

You are so hopefull for UFOs you are going to jump and get excited everytime someone says they see something, even if that's all you end up with, reports.

C'mon, the OP didn't even provide the "wonderfull blur" he said he took with his blackberry.

It would still have been nicer than having to swear on a life.

What the hell are you babbling about?

My position is this. Until proven differently, I believe someone who believes they saw something. I get excited for them. I've been there. I know.
No one will rightfully and willingly want to come in front of a firing squad unless they are telling the truth or........ desperately in need of attention and I don't know that to be true of OP.

Photos would've been nice but that doesn't mean I can't be supportive of someone in lieu of them either.
Maybe I am just of a difference caliber than most.

Very very disturbing and deeply disheartening. Really.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by deccal
Ok,
i am opening the karma.
Options:
A) OP will prove that he really has a daughter.
B) The thread name will be changed.
C) Daughter of one of the posters of this thread will die in 1 month.

And you are?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

You know what it is? I wasn't expecting these types of comments. I thought people would be more supportive (like I was and giving OP a clearinghouse website etc).

I didn't expect people to jump on here to correct OP of his demeanor, his tone, his choice of words etc.
But now I know better.

People get a sense of cyber bravado and have these need to preach and correct. I get it now.
Very disappointing.

Now back to the thread.

It would be nice if someone from Iowa can chime in if they saw this too.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by deccal

Pictures or it didn't happen?!! That's rediculous! You must be young and have not experienced much in life.
You surely meant because she had no pictures it's not a real event in YOUR life...
This woman has obviously seen something and is upset and wants to discuss it. I know when I
accidently saw something how my family and freinds reacted. No one wants to believe me. I just
have an amazon.com account filled with books I bought to read to help me understand what it is I saw.
People are so narrow minded. Pictures would be nice, but not possible most of the time. That is reality.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
OP, Thanks for sharing your sighting with us.
It's kind of lame that the death of your thread has been ordered by another member.
Counterproductive to the discussion.

Pics or it didn't happen applies more to people who claim to be in contact or can summon crafts etc.

Sometimes life happens to fast for us to grab a camera, let alone hold it still and focus.

I suggest reporting to mufon at the very least and maybe ask neighbors if they saw anything.

I swear on my grandfather that I am going to eat dinner now.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

I wish (and was expecting) more people were like you on threads like this. It makes for a much nicer and more enjoyable read.

OP, I too suggest you log onto MUFON or NUFORC to report your sighting. It's free and only takes but a few minutes.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

Flag and star, great thread man. I believe to the OP, thumbs up
thank you for sharing your xperience, i believe in you, i swear on my 2 yearls old son that i saw the similar thing a cuple of weeks ago.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
yeah i believe OP, let's all just reassure each other's that the truth is out there.

keep your eyes on the sky...

Group Hug!!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I really wish I could experience one of these encounters myself.

Whenever I'm outside, I'm always looking at the sky, especially at night time. I want to believe that every light is a possible UFO, but it's always an airplane.

Still, I want to believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join