It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw lights in the sky *changed title for the sensitive of you

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I was JUST outside to smoke..

Here, let me preface this by saying anyone who has read my posts before, knows that I am OVERLY critical of people saying they saw this or that...

I digress.

So I was out smoking, its cloudy out, and I saw a light I ASSUMED was the moon shining through. Now I dont know position of the moon, I dont know stars ect..

But through the clouds I saw one light, then I noticed 2 more and it was a triangle. I ran inside to get my digital camera AND my phone. The digi I think must have a dead battery (it turned off and im not getting carried away) and the phone is a blackberry which doesnt take quality pics.. (tho I tried and got a wonderful blur)

Anyhow, there were three circular lights in the clouds that formed a triangle, and two lights to the left of the triangle that were what I can best describe as "slants" A neighbor came out to smoke and I asked him if he could see the lights, but they were faded by then.

I am in Iowa City Iowa.. if ANYONE out there is around here, please go look up and tell me if you see anything

The triangle moved from my left to right, which would have been north to south, and the lights disappeared slowly, accept for the "slants" which very well could have been illuminated clouds, but as for the lights, like I said, I swear to god on my daughters life that they were up there, and I am a bit spooked right now.
edit on 22-12-2010 by dmefoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

I believe you. One night I stepped out to look at the stars, as I often do in the summer. Straight above me there was what looked to be a large triangular constellation. One star on each end of the right triangle (three all together.) But then, I noticed this HUGE constellation start to move southward. I hollared for my second oldest to verify what I was seeing, because it honestly felt like the earth was shifting above me, rubix cube style!

My son saw it and we watched it slowly creep southward (waaaaaay up in the air) and as it flew below stars, the stars would black out. It was the only way we could tell the triangle was solid. I have seen a few UFOs, each different than the next, but this thing had to be a mile or two long and it was one of the only ones I had seen with someone else.

Keep your eyes to the skies!
edit on 12/22/10 by staciebee because: to remove an E.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Sounds interesting! I am to the west of you in Clinton, Iowa. Sure wish it would head my way.
I would love to see something like that.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

It is sad that you have to swear on someone elses life for someone to believe you.
(Especially your child's life). You are missing something.................

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
very pathetic thread name, change it, NOW.
second line: pics or it idnt happen.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Before i speculate over something that was only poorly described...

I have to express that i have a large dislike for anyone who needs to start convincing arguments with
"i swear on my daughter's life" "i swear on this or that", i mean no disrespect..
But why do you need to start to tell something thats true, with reasurring the listeners you are not lying?
Plus at this day and age, this is still the internet, "pictures or it didn't happen" rings a bell.

But hey, i believe you have seen something you cannot explain, nor you took the right approach to express it.

Edit:

LOL the two above posters spoke my mind before i did, maybe the human race still has a chance

edit on 22/12/10 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

link   
Please don't ever swear on your childs life. It isn't like this is
1923 or sometime in the past where NO ONE believed in this
phenomena. We believe you. Calm down and take a breath.
There are millions of sightings and not too many people swear
on their daughters life to get the point across.

link   
reply to post by deccal

It is posters like you, with that whole, "pics or it didn't happen" snarkiness that probably led the OP to create such a title.

Some people don't have cameras that pic up such things...me included, and believe me or not (I really don't care), I have tried.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

Keep checking NUFORC as well as MUFON data base to see if anyone can corroborate your sighting. The links should be set for Iowa.
Thrilling, ain't it? Welcome aboard my quest.......

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
"Here, let me preface this by saying anyone who has read my posts before, knows that I am OVERLY critical of people saying they saw this or that..."

So it would be kind of hypocritical for you to now get on here and do the same thing.....

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
Before i speculate over something that was only poorly described...

I have to express that i have a large dislike for anyone who needs to start convincing arguments with
"i swear on my daughter's life" "i swear on this or that", i mean no disrespect..
But why do you need to start to tell something thats true,

Probably because OP is very familiar with the characters here!
I'd do the same thing if I were OP.

When you know the truth and you can't prove the truth, we try every trick in the book (even swearing on your offspring) to avoid confrontation. Why? This whole paranormal field is hard enough to come with terms with (not saying what OP saw was paranormal. It could be para-government too)

In time...maybe a few weeks, months or years, OP won't give a crap who believes him/her. But right now, I can relate to the excitement and being faced with nothing but ridicule.

This is NOT the time or thread to start playing Dr Phil.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

.................and your contribution is what exactly? Telling OP how to act and down-playing OPs excitement?

Please! Take a hike to another thread.

I swear (whoops. My bad) I didn't expect to see responses like this.
What a wonderful, loving, understanding, kinship and kind world we live in!!! /end sarcasm

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by staciebee

You know what they also say.

Try another day, if you actually seen something once in the sky, instead of coming to post it in the land of skeptics, you will know to keep your eyes in the sky and cam in hand.

Your whole life may pass you by while you do it, but hey one day you might find definite proof and post it on youtube.

One would think HDvideo equipment would be popular among the UFO crowd, but guess not.

Get a cellphone with cam, a clean glass with some water drops, tilt the glass so the water drops move, and film it all from below on a clear day.

Guaranteed 100k views in youtube, and 10 threads in ats.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by staciebee
reply to post by deccal

It is posters like you, with that whole, "pics or it didn't happen" snarkiness that probably led the OP to create such a title.

Some people don't have cameras that pic up such things...me included, and believe me or not (I really don't care), I have tried.

you dont get what i was trying to say. there is a huge distance between -claiming- of an ufo experience and putting your daughter to the table. this thread should and will be renamed.
edit on 22-12-2010 by deccal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Maybe the responses are because, by OPs own admission he is critical of others who have gotten on here and have done the same thing that he has just done. Maybe some of those responders are people he has done it to.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Why are you guys harrassing this OP? His / Her title is clearly just to express exclamation and sincerity... coming from a person just witnessing something THEY believe to be credibly incredible.

They said "on my daughters life" as a large sweeping statement that to them gaurentees their own sincerity and belief. How many of YOU haven't "sworn on your mothers life" before? Common', highschool? ...

I am appauled...by the majority of the reponses to this completely and perfectly harmless and interesting post.

*shakes head*

This is what the site is for... supposed to be.............used to be...
edit on 22-12-2010 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Oh so you're so hopefully keeping your eyes in the sky you are gonna go against whoever made a valid point against the OP.

You are so hopefull for UFOs you are going to jump and get excited everytime someone says they see something, even if that's all you end up with, reports.

C'mon, the OP didn't even provide the "wonderfull blur" he said he took with his blackberry.

It would still have been nicer than having to swear on a life.

link   
reply to post by deccal

What century are you living in???

Swearing on your daughter's life, means what? They are just words!!!! So what???

Are you superstitious? Do you know how ridiculous we are to be so primordial with all our traditions, and voo-dooism customs?
It's like taking your hat off when saluting a flag. Or putting your hand on the bible when testifying in court.
It's stupid.
It's traditional nonsense. And most of all, they are just WORDS. What are 'words'? They are made up utterances from Humans. How does that even play into the bigger picture?

Here. I just remember this....(foul words)

link   
OP, don't listen to the scared religious people. Swear all you want on whatever you want. It's your right.

I sear on my mother that I believe you saw something that you cant explain.

Keep Your Eye To The Sky and swear all you want.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

I have no desire to prove anything to anyone. My android and my HP camera could not even pic up the eclipse. I have too many expenses to be frivolous and purchase an HD cam, but it would be nice. Still, even if I had one, I doubt I would carry it 24/7. But again, I am not out to prove a thing. Those who want to believe my truths will, but there will always be skeptics. Since I finally signed up here, this is the 2nd skeptic I've read having their first experience. UFO's are exactly that...unidentified. doesn't mean they are all aliens, but I don't doubt that some are.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join