It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm lost

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I'm having a hard time navigating this site. I can find everything but this introduction forum. Well, I've found it now, obviously, but it took me a while. Anyway, It looks like a really cool site. I like the paranormal, but I'm not into conspiracies and aliens and stuff. I always find that the same people who claim we could not have gone to the moon, also believe we have the technology from captured alien spaceships.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I hear you, this site is fairly overwhelming, at least to me. I can't find where I post on a thread, so I can follow it when I come back, from that point. lol. Some of the threads add pages lickety split. Some of the topics you might be interested in overlap into other forums. It is confusing, I understand your being lost. Hang in there!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS...navagation like all sites gets easier after a bit of exploring.

===================

Iamschist,

click the "myATS" button towards the top of all ats pages for a list of threads in which you have been involved.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Yes, thank you, however, that takes me to the beginning of the thread, not to where I posted, so I have to go through page after page to find it, so I can begin reading from there.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
I hear you, this site is fairly overwhelming, at least to me. I can't find where I post on a thread, so I can follow it when I come back, from that point. lol.

Go to your profile, hit the (posts) link at the top. There is a list of your last 800 posts.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GetToDaChoppah

Hi GetToDaChoppah, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Backgrounds

Signature Guidelines

ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS Google started in January, 1996 as a research project at Stanford University, by Ph.D. candidates Larry Page and Sergey Brin when they were 24 years old and 23 years old respectively.

ETA: FYI

edit on 22-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Thanks so much for your unhelpful post, I would suggest more careful reading. As it turns out to find my posts within the context of the thread, which is what I was looking for, I just need to pull down the member menu under my avatar. Also you were inaccurate, I do not have 800 posts.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

She was referring to the max a member can see of their previous posts "Up to 800 posts" In that context she was correct.

FYI

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist

Thanks so much for your unhelpful post, I would suggest more careful reading. As it turns out to find my posts within the context of the thread, which is what I was looking for, I just need to pull down the member menu under my avatar. Also you were inaccurate, I do not have 800 posts.

I answered your question accurately. An attitude adjustment is suggested if you want anyone to help with your inquiries, in the future.

edit on 22-12-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thank you for correcting me. I was not aware of that and thought she was being scarcastic, my bad. Perhaps I was not communicating effectively, I know how to see my posts on the right side of myAts. What I could not manage, until I read the freshman tutorial, heh, was how to find my post within the thread itself, so I could continue reading from there, when I rechecked that thread.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I appologize you are correct, sorry I bristled up at you. Endeavoring to correct my attitude
Thank you for trying to help me. I will appreciate any help you might give me in the future.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

One thing about ATS is that there is more than one way to get around. You can get to your posts via your profile, or the way you've discovered via the drop down menu, there is also the sidebars (which I didn't think to suggest since I can't use it, netbook cuts it off). In any case, lots of stuff to look through. Enjoy your time. Peace.

Hey, so welcome to ATS - sorry about the near-thread-derail...

edit on 22-12-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

top topics

join