It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoover Dam Star Map - Photos inside - Let's discuss the symbology!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I've come to appreciate the Hoover Dam as our civilization's Great Pyramid. I've heard arguments that it was built on a major ley line node, and serves as much more than a power plant. One of the most interesting things about the dam, to those of us who study symbols, is the star map. I'd read that it is designed to tell future civilizations when the dam was built, but I was unable to find any good pictures of it online. Recently, I traveled there myself, and these are some of the pictures I took.

The actual star map is enormous. Two winged-man statues are in the middle, and the map itself is inlaid into the floor. Then to the right of the statues is a wheel, featuring the twelve signs of the zodiac in bronze plaques. At the foot of the statues is an american eagle and some bronze plaques featuring what I assume are the state seals.

I was very surprised to find the zodiac wheel, and somewhat shocked by the Colorado seal in particular. Please note the fascism symbol, and the eye from the top of the pyramid, radiating rays of light.

Here is my entire album of Hoover Dam pictures on ATS. Below are just a few examples.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b51fa9f529bb.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b144654aa31b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/222fe85f0199.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1b5c60e84b4e.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55656d426dff.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Pertaining to the Colorado Seal:

By statute, the seal of the State is two and one-half inches in diameter with the following devices inscribed thereon: At the top is the eye of God within a triangle, from which golden rays radiate on two sides. Below the eye is a scroll, the Roman fasces, a bundle of birch or elm rods with a battle axe bound together by red thongs and bearing on a band of red, white and blue, the word, "Union and Constitution." The Roman fasces is the insignia of a republican form of government. The bundle of rods bound together symbolizes strength which is lacking in the single rod. The axe symbolizes authority and leadership. Below the scroll is the heraldic shield bearing across the top on a red ground three snow-capped mountains with clouds above them. The lower half of the shield has two miner's tools, the pick and sledge hammer, crossed on a golden ground. Below the shield in a semicircle is the motto, "Nil Sine Numine", Latin words meaning "nothing without the Deity", and at the bottom the figures 1876, the year Colorado came into statehood.

www.colorado.gov...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PeasantRebellion

Thank you.
I looked up Fasces on Wikipedia, just to get the nitty gritty. I think it's interesting that Colorado calls that eye in a triangle, the eye of God. It's obviously related to the one on the dollar bill. Did you notice the small picture of the Great Pyramid in one of my pictures, above? At least, I think it is supposed to be, on the time line which indicates when it was built.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
can't they just put made in the usa.

why all the occult symbols and illuminati-type charts.

i guess it's more of clue that only future illuminati's will be able to decipher and more to let them know that it was built by one of their own as a monument to their own perverted preceptions of their greatness.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Wow I had no idea there was anything like this at the Hoover Dam. I've never been there but I definately want to check this out if I ever travel in that direction. Thanks for sharing, and to others, the album pictures are well worth looking through.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmethystSD

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/222fe85f0199.jpg[/atsimg]

Notice the size of the rocks inside the perimeter and outside the perimeter of the circle surrounding Alcyone.

I have seen the dam in person as well. It is awe inspiring.

There are no cracks inside the dam. It was made to withstand a cataclysmic event. It could probably withstand a direct nuclear bomb hit, which makes the diversion of truck traffic since 9/11 interesting.

There is lot's of security at the dam and in the surrounding area that is hidden from view. They consider it a site of great significance.

According to greek myth Alcyone married Ceyx who was the son of Hesperus (The bright Morning star - Lucifer) and was killed by Zeus the father of all the gods, after Zeus learned that Alcyone and Ceyx wanted to be like the Gods themselves. After his death Ceyx appeared as a ghost to Alcone and she killed herself out of grief. Out of compassion, the gods changed them both into halcyon birds, named after her.

"Halcyon" is a name for a bird in Greek legend generally associated with the kingfisher. There was an ancient belief that the bird nested on the sea, which it calmed in order to lay its eggs on a floating nest. Two weeks of calm weather were therefore expected around the winter solstice. This myth leads to the use of halcyon as a term for peace or calmness.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f0628406825f.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 22-12-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Wow!
Pretty amazing!

Great pics!

I'd love to go and study it all for myself someday.

Do you have more photos?
That you would care to post?

That first "plaque" just feels a bit 'ominous' to me for sure.. lol

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Those are most of them that aren't of the dam itself and don't have me in them. lol
I notice I either missed the Aries shield, or I neglected to add it to my album. I may have missed some of the stars in the chart, and it seems I missed a few of the other inscriptions in the star map area. There were a lot of people there, walking on everything and the people I came with were really bored by the time I got these pictures. Is there something specific you were looking for, that wasn't in my album?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AmethystSD

lol, cool.

Re: something more specific~

actually yeah,
I am most interested to see as much of the star maps/astronomical aspects of it all.
The astrological stuff is great to though.

Like, the Alcyone piece~

Are there more 'stars' like that?
Or is that the focus? Alcyone?

I just want to see as much of the star maps/stars depicted.

If not , that's cool to..
I am grateful for what youve shared already.

Thanks again.
Peace

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

The link to my whole album is in the first post. The ones in my first post are only a few examples. There are other stars in the map with fancy colors. (The great Nebulae in Andromeda is very pretty.) I'll take a look at my disc again tomorrow to see if I took a picture of Aries, and I'll look for anything else I might have missed.

edit on 22-12-2010 by AmethystSD because: to add example

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I was watching a program on TV where they said the builders aligned certain aspects with the stars, so that any reasonably intelligent species could determine when it was built by the stars.

Yet mainstream scholars refuse to acknowledge the Pyramids aligning with Orions Belt thousands of years ago because it does not fit their pre-conceived ideas.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Very interesting thread.

The position shown with Thuban is obviously set to depict the general date the dam was built, astrologically.

One has to wonder what Bechtel was thinking when doing these symbols.

I wonder if the extra tax dollars were worth it.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

The fasces being the symbol of a republic? HA! Heck my History teacher taught me fasces, the base word for Fascist, is the symbol of a fascist government NOT a republic.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I think the show Life after people said the dam would the longest lasting man made thing on the planet. I wouldn't be surprised. I have a friend who works maintance there I'll ask for better pictures if I can get a contact for him. i only see him every few years and it's been about 10 or so

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b51fa9f529bb.jpg[/atsimg]

Nil Sine Numine means "Nothing without providence" which was taken from the Aeneid.

The Aeneid is a Latin epic poem written by Virgil in the late 1st century BC (29–19 BCE) that tells the legendary story of Aeneas, a Trojan who traveled to Italy, where he became the ancestor of the Romans.

It has been foretold that in Italy, he (Aeneas) will give rise to a race both noble and courageous, a race which will become known to all nations.

en.wikipedia.org...

This thread Get Smart! Epispde 52 would be a nice tie in to the Aeneid inscription on the star map at Hoover Dam.

In episode 52 (The Battle for Jericho) they are building "The Odyssey" (Another Greek Poem) a 41 story space center which houses agencies working on the space program.

edit on 23-12-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
wow.fascinating.Some nice pics there. I wonder is the hoover dam alligned with any astrological bodies?
good post by the way.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Wow, thanks for making this thread. I never would've imagined this stuff at the hoover dam

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Thanks guys!
I found three more pictures that I hadn't added yet, and now they are in the album.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/50ac586a1e75.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d846df24d75.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c05628120385.jpg[/atsimg]
That last one isn't particularly relevant, but I think it's interesting to see the generators.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Thank you.
I looked up Fasces on Wikipedia, just to get the nitty gritty. I think it's interesting that Colorado calls that eye in a triangle, the eye of God. It's obviously related to the one on the dollar bill. Did you notice the small picture of the Great Pyramid in one of my pictures, above? At least, I think it is supposed to be, on the time line which indicates when it was built.

That's because the eye is representative of the Divine Eye of Providence, or the Eye of God.

Whether it's the eye of Horus, Ra or Providence it all means the same thing. God looks down on mankind as a benevolent and concerned father.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Wasn't Alcyone some kind of destroying star or something?

I'm rusty on my mythology.

And why Colorado?

EDIT: Just looked it up. Apparently Alcyone is the same as Halcyon which is a 'time of peace'.
edit on 12/27/10 by emsed1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join