It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are Being Warned! Freezing Temps Worldwide May Lead To Food Shortages

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Store some food, just in case. Sex, water, air and food are always taken for granted until you go without. I love how some can be so glib about food shortages.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Okay, did I say that Al Gore did not say that the fever is rising? NO. I in fact admitted that the scientists said that the average temperature is going to rise. WHICH IS WHAT HE MEANS BY "THE FEVER IS RISING."

No. The fact remains that you are still not listening and just jumping on the "hate people" bandwagon.

It doesn't really matter if it's anthropogenic. I think it is, but I don't know. If it isn't, maybe the Al Gore set have actually been milking some money. I also think that that's pretty ridiculous, and that most of the "money-grab schemes" have actually been genuine efforts to put checks on what they perceive to be the creators -- but again, I don't really know. I don't care to be convinced either way right now so if you turn the argument in that direction, I'm going to assume that you have no idea what you're actually talking about and are just spouting "nothing ever changes" rhetoric.

The fact remains, as even most of the Climate Scientist Bashers admit when they are capable of thought and analysis, we are experiencing an abnormal climate change. Maybe in the history of the planet it's not abnormal -- but in the history of humanity and especially human civilization, yes, abnormal. This is a solid fact. The climate is changing, in much the same ways as the climate scientists predicted.

This is what they told us would happen. If it's natural, it only matters that you refused to listen because you didn't prepare.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
this is the result of global warming and I need 20 posts so I dont care if someone else said it

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
reply to post by MMPI2

This is a solid fact. The climate is changing, in much the same ways as the climate scientists predicted.

This is what they told us would happen. If it's natural, it only matters that you refused to listen because you didn't prepare.
. These are the words no one hears,.
there are so many that are hung up on a fight to prove someone wrong
And some just say what others are saying ,.. just to have a voice.
But the overall FACT is the climate IS changing.
And if some are willing to remove their heads from the butt long enough to do some research on
their own and see that things are not the same as 100 years ago,.
then they might begin to see that something is shifting,.
And according to the data that has been collected by the same scientists that said we would be
seeing the current weather we now have,.. you would begin to understand that there is a good possibility
the earths next big season is a long winter,.. globally.
think about it,.and educate yourselves instead of just rollin along on the bandwagon

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayura
Things seem to be getting warmer rather than colder, speaking for the US of course.

I bet next year will be even hotter... Can't say the same about Britain though.

not according to this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
But...but....this simply can not be true!!!!! Al Gore said that the earth has a fever!!!! He said the science was settled!!! What do you mean? You must be mistaken!!!!

You have heard that this year was the hottest year on record right?

www.aolnews.com...

Local weather is not an indicator of global temperature. Big difference between the two. Local or regional and global. The world IS getting warmer. That is fact. Different areas are experiencing abnormal weather patterns as a result. Some areas showing colder than usual temps and many showing the opposite and exhibiting temperatures that are unusually warm.

It's always about the big picture and realizing that your own little bit of the world is not the WHOLE world.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2

Originally posted by Solasis
Look. People.

This is part of what we can EXPECT from Global Warming. I wish to every deity that could conceivably exist that it had not been friggin' popularized as friggin' Global Warming. IT IS GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE.

Al Gore did NOT say things were just going to be getting hotter. THE SCIENCE DOES NOT SAY IT EITHER. You frickin' diss on Al Gore for being the rather annoying spokesperson for a genuine phenomenon, yet you have clearly never even listened to the man or the group he claimed speakership for.

THIS IS TO BE EXPECTED.

The average temperature of the world will indeed be higher. But MOSTLY extreme weather will become more extreme. In addition, individual climate regions will change. Places that are fertile now will be come desert; deserts will become forested; etc. etc.

This does not run contrary to the actual science which suggests global warming!

Respectfully, you are mistaken:

"So today, we dumped another 70 million tons of global-warming pollution into the thin shell of atmosphere surrounding our planet, as if it were an open sewer. And tomorrow, we will dump a slightly larger amount, with the cumulative concentrations now trapping more and more heat from the sun. As a result, the earth has a fever. And the fever is rising." Al Gore (Nobel lecture), December 10, 2007

The "global warming" con has repeatedly been exposed as a con. Everybody knows it. Remember the Mann statement "hide the decline" that illuminated the extent and true audacity of these con-men. It's over. The con is finished.

The odd part is to watch the con-men try to revise history. They have been busted in one of the biggest scams in human history, yet they continue to lie and sling the revisionist sewage.

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but it has to be said here:

There IS NO "MAN MADE GLOBAL WARMING". THERE IS NO "MAN MADE CLIMATE CHANGE."

End of discussion.

edit on 22-12-2010 by MMPI2 because:

Using a fever as analogy actually speaks FOR the point he's trying to make since you experience a fever as extreme swings in the temerature you feel yourself while your body temerature skyrockets.

Yet it's clear Al Gore tried to push his agenda BEFORE the sudden cold drop.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
All I hear on this subject on this and many other threads like it, are glib remarks along the lines of

"Oh look they said global warming, and now it's snowing skoff skoff!!"

or

"Al Gore said this that and the other, and he's lying"

Also,

"It's all fake as there is no proof that it is man made so it does not exist"

Seriously time to wake up people. or if you won't then stop talking in your sleep!

Just look out the window and see what is happening. I do not care if it is man made, caused by the sun, aliens, NWO, HAARP, Illegal immigrants, or porliticians breathing out too much hot air. or is indeed all part of a natural earth climate cycle.

Fact remains, that the nice cozy sphere of inhabitable temperatures that most of the world population enjoyed is ending, or at least changing radically.

Will this lead to shifts and exodus' of populations? Who knows. All I know is that something in this world has change and the climate in general is changing. whether it be for the hotter, wetter, dryer colder or more extreme in place where it was not normal previous.

Will it have an effect on your life, Well ask you self this, have you yourself been forced to do something recently in reaction to what the weather has done, that was normally not the case?. No matter how insignificant it may seem, like buying a warmer jacket, or stocking up on you supply of shorts and sandals?

if yes, then news for you. The change in the climate has ALREADY affected you! and we can only expect this to continue.

As i said I care not for the reasons why. and any posts in reply to this in that vein will be ignored with complete ignominy. I only care for how we as a people of the earth with react, and how this will affect my children in the future.

Who's with me?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
i've mentioned the post "will betelguese fry us" before , but a few brief words here may be of interest.

johan friede, an austrian monk who lived 750 years ago wrote that the end of civilization will be near when there are extremes of weather. volcanoes of increasing intensity, greater earthquakes and the sea flooding lowlands. man will reach into the bowels of the earth gambling with his own existence. and shortly after, huge cosmic changes as the sun loses its heat.

so maybe some food will help a bit.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

Things seem to be getting warmer rather than colder, speaking for the US of course.

Warmer?

I normally do not see snow, maybe once every five years. last winter it snowed five times. So far this winter it has snowed three times and we are due for more tomorrow.

The jet stream is making a giant S snake like pattern in a standing wave so some places are hotter and some are colder. This is NOT good. I hope we are not heading into another Dust bowl.

The Dust Bowl of the 1930s lasted about a decade. There is an 88 yr weather cycle so I am hoping we are not returning to the weather of 80 - 90 years ago.

The study found cooler than normal tropical Pacific Ocean surface temperatures combined with warmer tropical Atlantic Ocean temperatures to create conditions in the atmosphere that turned America's breadbasket into a dust bowl from 1931 to 1939. The team's data is in this week's Science magazine.

These changes in sea surface temperatures created shifts in the large-scale weather patterns and low level winds that reduced the normal supply of moisture from the Gulf of Mexico and inhibited rainfall throughout the Great Plains....
www.nasa.gov...

This year the PDO (Pacific Ocean cycle) just turned cold. strata-sphere.com...

Graph of PDO

And the AMO (Atlantic Ocean) is still warm Graph of AMO

top topics

<< 1   >>

join