It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China bars English words in all publications

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Why don't all governments just boycott China and produce stuff themselves to give their own countrymen jobs?

Why is everyone kowtowing to China?

Fact is, China isn't forcing other nations to take their cheaply made products, it's our own retail industries that sought them out, or our own manufacturer's that flocked to China, all to undercut the local producers. We made China what it is. China is, for better or worse, simply meeting the demand.

You could do your part in seeing that your countrymen have jobs, and buy LOCAL.

No more Walmarts, kmarts, or whatever marts. I live in mid-America and was in Walmart the other day and saw potatoes for sale that were imported from INDIA. As a rule I don't frequent Walmart but was dragged in due to the holidays, but after seeing that I'll never set foot in there again. I'm pretty sure farmers in my home state don't appreciate having to compete with mega-farms in India or any foreign nation, since you know those workers are impoverished and paid slave wages. All in the name of corporate greed and the bottom line, eh?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RedPill

Hahaha... you can't stuff the genie back in the lamp!

this is how language develops... check out the philosophy of languges, and its very interesting to see how they develop.

Silly china....

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RedPill

I find it incredible that for a nation that wants to grow economically as a world contender and has a more people learning to speak the English language than the entire population of the United States would want to ban the use of English from their publications.

I mean, don't the people of China have a mind to choose what they want to read. If they don't want a publication with English words then they don't have to buy it.

English is the officail language of the worlds aviation industry. What do they want to do, make Chinese the officail language?

I'm not saying don't preserve Chinese. I'm just saying let the people have a choice of what they want to read. Of course this is showing the commie side of Red China.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedPill

I guess this is to help insulate the Chinese population from the rest of the world. Absolute control of every written or spoken word may be coming to a country near you! Maybe this is a test of all humans of Earth. If the people of Earth allow this to happen to them, do they deserve what they get? I tend to think we get what we deserve.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

They are probably also concerned at the prospect of foreign companies TMs mind bending the Chinese through advertisements and billboards meaning more revenue disappearing to the West. McDonalds here Vodafone there.... mind control/hand over your money to the West

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Fools naturally exists in dictatorships. And the illegitimate govt of China - the CCP had just proven it with their latest 'law'.

Freedom exits in mankind. It is an inextinguishable fire, the indomitable spirit that lives with each and every human, no matter the culture, language or traditions. More so one that speaks of 5000 years of civilised history. Throughout centuries, the chinese people had seen tyranny come and go, and yet the ones who survived were the masses. And they will continue on, resiliant lot our fellow brothers and sisters of the chinese ethnic group that they are.

Even as I write, there are thousands others of my brothers and sisters penning thoughts into words for freedom for their own ethnic group around the world, challenging and awakening their People, just as we do here on ATS.

No matter our differences, we do share common aspirations in life, and nothing can tear us apart on this aspect. We are after all one race

And we are the Legion. Tyranny is doomed and never will ever succeed, so long as there is one freedom loving human alive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join