It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who think the world is ending are mentaly ill.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Plenary-- Good word.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It's so funny when people who don't know whats going on tend to label us mentally ill...but if you by now havnt noticed SOMETHING IS going on then you my friendo is mentally dead

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

If I just assumed and got ahead of you there, regarding something you were sincere about, even in jest or comedy towards us ALL, simply by virtue of our very presence, but not intended to poke fun at any one in particular, unless it's you - then I'm sorry, for assuming, as I just hate when people do that with me and my ideas, especially when they are operating from a position of ignorance of the context and the framing itself.

It wasn't until I laid down to think about the lay-out and introduction that I realized that Plenary Metaphysical Solipsism could be taken as some kind of joke - PMS.

There isn't any joke intended. But yes, reading your posts on this thread did get me to thinking of formalizing some of my theories. I like the name, I think I can live with the PMS jokes.

Tentative title idea: Consensual Reality or Consentual Reality?
edit on 23-12-2010 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
A couple of quotes come to mind, short and sweet:

No one is normal, there are just a lot of weird people with things in common.

2nd = Reality is for people who lack imagination.

My .02¢

ETA: Thanks to:
reply to post by Gab1159

for the link on SR.

Sometimes a thread is like going to a flea market and finding a Picasso.

edit on 23-12-2010 by kinda kurious because: added content

edit on 23-12-2010 by kinda kurious because: + typos

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

actually someone convinced me of it long time ago, and then the news and stuff I read sort of confirmed it. Now I know something is up. MIght not be the end of the world but smtg is going on for sure.

I didn't go Looking for this, it came upon me. So no, now all people who think of 'teotwawki' are mentally ill.

As much as TPTB try to generalize the further one is from experiencing the truth as it really is.
edit on 23-12-2010 by The Quiet Storm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

sitting in the corner with a laptop open to a blank screen and a dead battery typing away like youre really writing something........and laughing as you talk to the empty coke bottle..............THATS mental illness.

Hey, that brings back wonderful memories! It was a desktop computer with a fried hard drive though, and it was an empty coffee cup. Then I discovered that I could write just as good of stuff while sleeping in the next room. Wild and wonderful days! And even now when I get nostalgic I just read back over some of what I wrote back then, and sometimes what the computer wrote on its own.

I suppose that maybe I don't fear mental illness, It does help me "think outside the box"
edit on 23-12-2010 by pthena because: (no reason given)

It's good to hear from you cousin, I hope all is well and I wish you a good holiday,
tell the family I said Hello and pass around some hugs from me.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

So yes we are sick.
Otherwise we would go to website's that sing songs about lollypops and rainbows

You some how managed to go from "People who think the world is ending are mentaly ill" to "People who visit conspiracy websites are mentally ill". You seriously think someone who visits websites about lollipops and rainbows and is more intelligent than a person who actually seeks to know what go on in this messed up world? I think you are mentally ill to be honest.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Right now regardless the OP is saying "people who think the world is ending are mentally ill", here is the sad fact. The world is mentally ill in general. So, what's the difference? Nothing.

There are mentally ill mega-lo-man idiots, whose are believing they can do anything.
There are mentally ill religious fanatics, whose are believing they can do anything, because in that case the holy messenger will come and save them.
There are mentally ill people in life, whose are beating their wives and their children to death.
There are mentally ill people on the world, whose are believing money is everything and it brings salvation.
There are mentally ill control freaks whose believing lying about everything is going to make them kings or Gods.

And finally there are few people with sanity whose are actually capable to take up questions or even feel what the future might bring, because of the upper mentioned points which is capable to end this world anytime, especially because of the psycho mega-lo-man idiots, the religious fanatics, the greedy people and the liar control freaks.

In a world which is full with mentally ill people, the people with sanity may looks mentally ill, but unfortunately they're the last people with true sanity.
edit on 23-12-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz

So yes we are sick.

You some how managed to go from "People who think the world is ending are mentaly ill" to "People who visit conspiracy websites are mentally ill". You seriously think someone who visits websites about lollipops and rainbows and is more intelligent than a person who actually seeks to know what go on in this messed up world? I think you are mentally ill to be honest.

You dont read all the post's do you lol
typical ATS skim and post lol

I said i was Probably Mentally ill also.
I am on this site am i not...?
i hope i am lol
Conspiracy foiled by yet another do gooder on ats mauhahahhaahha.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
list goes on and on..
We are all mentally ill.
We want fear We want fear of death.
We want the fear of maybe getting controlled.
So yes we are sick.
edit on 22-12-2010 by TheAmused because: (no reason given)

You're wrong. Except for neocons, we aren't looking for fear. We are looking for irreparable and unstoppable transformation. We want our mundane lives as consumers to be changed into something more meaningful. We want our identity as small men on a small world in a dark universe to be seen, recognized, and appreciated. The type of change we desire can only come through some massive external intervention or perhaps something more conventional but on a massive scale like a disaster of some kind. As long as the force is beyond our own control and so powerful that there is nothing any one man can do to stop it, there will be no guilt on the part of those who survive and benefit from it. We obsess over the possibility and potential of such an event so that perhaps we will be uniquely prepared for its arrival. Our preparation will give us the respect and authority we seek should the time come. Imagining and being lost in that dream is often more enticing then the routine of modern life, a gilded cage that no one knows is there.
edit on 23-12-2010 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The world is ending, the world is always in a state of ending and rebirth even when the sun goes kaput, who knows what will be by then. Trustfully nothing is really ending in this day and age, its more like changing, there is not more evil and bad in this world then in the past, its more like now we get to see what is going on in the world more clearly....So we see more clearly on what exactly is going on right under our noses.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

It wasn't until I laid down to think about the lay-out and introduction that I realized that Plenary Metaphysical Solipsism could be taken as some kind of joke - PMS.

Lmao No way could you just go to bed and conk out huh? I can just see all the thoughts and words going around in your head all cement mixer, as lay there. Damn brain just wouldn't wind down and then POP.
PMS? Jumps out of bed, fires up ATS.
I know the feeling well my friend.,

edit on 23-12-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Cool thread

But i think you're in denial

Denial
is a defense mechanism postulated by Sigmund Freud, in which a person is faced with a FACT that is too uncomfortable to accept and rejects it instead

Have a good Christmas tho

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

The first one was better I think, I won't laugh, these days everything is starting to look kind of hilarious, must be the Christmas season or something.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter
Thank you. Happy holidays. Are we human cousins too, or totem cousins (hate to use the word only here, cuz that sounds diminishing)?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

PMS? Jumps out of bed, fires up ATS.
I know the feeling well my friend.,

That, I can deal with better than, Oh Sh#t! I better fix what I last wrote! Da%n, 4 hour edit limit exceeded! Now I'm stuck with it forever!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan
The second was the name of the thread upon which to present the theory named in the first. Which is up by the way. Won't link to it because that could be considered "hijacking".

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Is that a fact
May the end come soon than because this bipolar disorder sure sucks
Merry Christmas there POPtart

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Not everyone who thinks the world is ending is afraid. Some of us (like me) look forward to the end of this corrupt world and a new beginning.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
We are on a rock,
floating around the universe,
traveling at 1,000,000 KPH,
around a gigantic fireball.
Only 400 KM separates us from the hell of space.
Know one knows how we got here,
the reason for our existence,
or how we work.

Only a fool would not be a little worried.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join