It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who think the world is ending are mentaly ill.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

Then i realized we are all on ATS why?
We are paranoid..
We all got our reason for being here..
aliens
alumminati
biblical conspiracy
muslim's
goverment out to get us.
shapeshifter's
obama...lol

list goes on and on..
We are all mentally ill.
We want fear We want fear of death.
We want the fear of maybe getting controlled.
So yes we are sick

Speak for Yourself.............................. Take out all those 'WE"s and replace with 'I"

i don't subscribe to a end-of-world event, or a mass extinction event to be just over the horizon...

but i do firmly sense that a lot of major shake-ups are looming,,, its gonna be a rough era of transition
as the historical pyramids of power fall into decay...the society paradigms crumble, the political-military
paradigms disintegrate into sub-groups & factions that may rule pockets of stability (absent gang lord rule)

the present economies & empires of power will decline just like the Maya cities got overrun by the jungle in the last 800-500 years... the end of the Maya Calender is a simile/metaphor for the very near future of present day 'civilization'

having a belief/vision/ deduced reasoning ...that the world-as-we-know-it is at an end is not a mental illness,
it's more like having one's eyes Wide Open...
& seeing the systems disintegrate because of things like greed, theivery, fraud, and the twisting of Laws & Rules by those able to manipulate the lawmakers/legislative leaders for their shared advantages

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

sitting in the corner with a laptop open to a blank screen and a dead battery typing away like youre really writing something........and laughing as you talk to the empty coke bottle..............THATS mental illness.

Hey, that brings back wonderful memories! It was a desktop computer with a fried hard drive though, and it was an empty coffee cup. Then I discovered that I could write just as good of stuff while sleeping in the next room. Wild and wonderful days! And even now when I get nostalgic I just read back over some of what I wrote back then, and sometimes what the computer wrote on its own.

I suppose that maybe I don't fear mental illness, It does help me "think outside the box"
edit on 23-12-2010 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Nice to see that someone understands just how and why everything or the world as we know it, is completely falling apart and disintegrating, but I just go a little further by suggesting that the very notion of "self" is up for grabs, and that a significant psychological or spiritual (little difference) REFRAME is at hand, one capable of cracking the human being open to his true nature in creation, not as an "it", not even as a separate self the way we typically think of ourselves, but as spirit, or just consciousness, having a human experience, but I don't mean it as a cliche or a nice sounding platitude here, but for real.
At the very end of that whole world system, and as we become increasingly aware of it's.. inauthenticity, as well as our own, then and only then can something novel, something creative, something ALIVE be born as a new creation in creation, and that's the destiny of the human being, call it self-realization, God-consciousness, individuated person, whatever.
And then and only then will the world without, change, from that fundamental shift in our very condition as human beings.
We cannot sit around and talk about the world in materialist, duality, even about it's demise, without shifting into the new frame, or we're just winers and complainers shouting out from the landslide as it all falls apart, which is just stupid really, if not insane. Does no one else see the utterly futility, if not insanity in this, while thinking one's self knowledgable and well adjusted (while calling me insane for these ideas..!).

So I'm simply on the lookout for the new frame of reference, the new self, the new paradigm, the new world or new creation or simply put - what's coming, as something novel and functional, to replace what's old, outworn, and useless (the world we THOUGHT we knew). In scientific jargon, a Monistic Idealism (consciousness is primary) replacing an outmoded Newtonian Materialist Monism (matter, alone, is primary).

So I suppose I'm just taking it all the way, to posit the notion of a global death and resurrection, which might have NOTHING whatsoever to do with the physical, except to the degree that a fundamental perceptual shift in the human being, a reframe, may hold out or us the possibility of what some call the re-enchantment of the cosmos, or what alchemists call the spiritualization of matter itself, and what the Bible calls a New Heaven and a New Earth, and a New Creation.

"Principals must be proven right by their application."

Just watch now, for someone to step in, and in response to that, try to label me a crazy, new age, bible thumping, loon, for being perhaps the only sane one among us, but that's just fear, because they know damn well that what I'm saying is entirely reasonable, logical and makes perfect sense, but it implies the death of self or of the self as we've come to think of it, and entry into the unknown, a place few people are willing or have the courage to tread. So if that's you who are tempted to do that, I would ask simply that you first consider just how pathetic you really are, and then go ahead and say whatever you must.

edit on 23-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Lol... addiction to fear?

What if I like to believe in conspiracies and doomsday predictions because I just find them exciting? That's the case for me anyway.

Not that I would ever wish death and destruction on a single person...I'm not a sadist, but it certainly breaks up the monotony of modern society.

After all, which is a more exciting goal? get a good job, retire, and die, or kick some Illuminati ass.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
If you really believe someone can diagnose another person as "mentally ill" without questioning there own existence first, shows you are just a single minded fool..

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
You know I agree there is some definite addiction to fear in the world, and it is being manipulated and used by the News Media. As stated previously in another post about North and South Korea. The media are the ones trying to spark a war. I mean honestly you have to ask yourself. How often does North Korea threaten military action on South Korea and if they didn't have the eye of the whole world would they be squawking so much?

Fox News (The worlds worst Fear Mongers) have us all but committed to a war already. If you ever look at there news topics almost all of them are meant to inspire fear! After 9/11 they would go on daily about how we were still on a heightened state of awareness. I can't even remember what it was called now but they were always reminding us day in and day out that we were on the brink of yet another terrorist attack. Now we are on the brink of another war with Korea. Korea is there front page headline and if you look at the other outlets it is 3rd or 4th or even lower on there news stories.

I am really not sure why it is that we are so determined to destroy our world. I saw in another post that someone said if we could manifest our own reality we would be screwed. It's true. So many people are sure the world is going to end.

There is some religious group in America claiming the return of Christ in May 21, 2011
They claim the world will end in Dec 21, 2012
All the earthquakes etc are leading to the end
On here the eclipse was a sign of the end to come
People have the Koreas starting WW3 on here.

All I have to say is WHY IN THE HELL do so many people want to die?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
lol. Everybody is mentally ill these days. The field of psychiatry has made sure of that. What used to be a mouthy kid is now an Oppositional Defiant Disorder kid. What used to be a rambunctious kid is now an ADHD kid. People who used to be just eccentric are now schizoid. Old age is now dementia.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I may not be the most stable person on any given day, but I visit ATS for the fantastic tales that are spun by people. It's science-fiction and horror being born before my very eyes (scifi and horror with a snippet of utter truth here&there)
Madness doesn't scare me ,as long as it doesn't involve hurting other people. Heck, I had an aunt that talked to elves in her living room..great fun listening to her rambling. I should have written some of it down. Despite her wacked-out mental state, she spouted deep wisdoms by times....

ATS and other conspiracy-sites are intellectually enticing, and, well, just exiting. Some threads read like a good detective-story, the way some esteemed members present research and such..

Am I afraid of the end of the world? Nah..it has been predicted by colourful nutters time&time again, and unless i am a ghost or an advanced AI running on a gargantuan main-frame, the world is still here. As is the wonderful and weird community of ATS.

edit on 12/23/2010 by diakrite because: typos

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
lol. Everybody is mentally ill these days. The field of psychiatry has made sure of that. What used to be a mouthy kid is now an Oppositional Defiant Disorder kid. What used to be a rambunctious kid is now an ADHD kid. People who used to be just eccentric are now schizoid. Old age is now dementia.

This post exerts the idea of my post a page or 2 back.

Almost every general feeling known to human kind has been labled a disorder now.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
So,... I wonder
Does it make me mentally Ill if I hope for an asteroid
Of extinction level size to cleanse this planet?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Ya. i think people who ignore how screwed up the world is are mentally ill.

Ya, true. many here are paranoid and just as confused. But there are those among us here who are balanced mature educated people who understand things in the world are changing.

As for the idea of an "end of the world" i think most enlightened people understand that "the end of the world" is meant to mean the end of an era, or a way of thinking. For instance, we all can be called a "world", in that i percieve things differently from someone else.When a paradigm shift occurs; one which is so drastic anf changes the fundamental relationship between man and man and man and creation, the term 'end of the world' is very valid. but its not meant to mean the end of life. It means the end end of this reality, or this world we have known for 5771 years. The end of this, marks the beginning of a new world, and stage in mans spiritual history.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

No I think that's a different kind of sickness, or hatred, or just simple ignorance which can't be faulted or blamed, but it's still pretty sad nevertheless.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar
please pardon my oneliner but i cant help myself op invited whith the title of the thred. here it comes

YOUR MENTALITY ILL!

As i already said i am on ATS aint i?
then yes some part of my brain is mentally ill.
i love doom and tin foil hats lol

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhorse
reply to post by TheAmused

"People who think the world is ending are mentaly ill."

Yes, but the people who cannot recognize impermanence are equally so.

Moving on...

lol im not a Buddhist man lol
2nd line

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
edit on 12/23/2010 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Sad?
well one way or another this planet is going to get a "do over"
Human kind has not figured how to live in harmony yet.
the board will be erased and new drawings will begin,.

there is so much evil or "negative" energy on this planet
that it is tearing it apart. Something has got to give,.
of course I would have to be ill to be thinking this way..
those that are being blinded by Fluoride and many other drugs unknowingly
wouldn't be able to see things for how they really are.
hmmm,. hmm what was I just saying,.... Oh yeah,. I love salad to, chives,.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
reply to post by Paradoxos

$5 your post is removed due to you not being able to hold a civil discussion without profanity or bigoted terms.

i bet they allow it ATS is muslim sympathetic they secretly hate americans themselves i think lol
So cussing americans calling us fat and ignorant is good business for them lol

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Think about it.
you guys say your here for the turth!!
Yet 95% off all conspiracy theories are utter bs lol

You think the MSM lies to you yet you use there news storys for your conspiracy to prove your conspiracy lol
Dont you see IT make no sense what so ever.

You think ufo's are real YET Every ufo video or picture you see is cgi or a hoax.
Where is ya smoking gun proof? area 51 lol common guys

To me it feel's like a i am arguing to a adult that santa clause is not real.
and you get fighting mad at me for telling you he is fake.

Ok there is what over what...1million threads on ats or 500k?
if 95% are known to be false or stretched truth.
that makes the conspiracy people guilty of spreading DIS INFO.
thats right!!!
DIS INFO only 5 % of the threads have real truthful conspiracy's that have actual proof.
Look at the threads on ats guys it's that bad.

So in a way you have become exactly what you hate the most.
A schill factory.
It would be like me making a thread of sarah plain shooting elk in a bikini.
and i show a pic like this.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d46276e0b90b.jpg[/atsimg]
then i go on to say how she is a tramp and she is not legit to run for president lol
but secretly the picture is false..and i find it kinda HAWT!!! lol
it would be called a smear campaign and i bet sarah palin haters would love it and eat it up i bet it would get flags lol
So yes ATS is mentally ill.
Who honestly would get a kick out of spreading lie's or what if's?
a sick person would.
and 9/10 thread's are exactly that lie's dis info or flat our a BS weaver of biblical proportions!!!

So almost anyways you look at it we are sick lol

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

See that's the problem, you love salad with chives, you enjoy having a human experience, but you would like for everyone to be wiped off the face of the earth. I would suggest that's a contradiction..

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

See that's the problem, you love salad with chives, you enjoy having a human experience, but you would like for everyone to be wiped off the face of the earth. I would suggest that's a contradiction..

Is it?
Maybe I have a greater love for this planet than its inhabitants.
You didnt seem to really read my last post.
My thoughts on this issue are meaningless.
however, there is much wrong with the world today.
and that does not require a psychiatric approval for having such an opinion.

I have family, friends, go to church, play in bands, love the out doors
bla bla bla, and salad was a reference to a song lyric about a person pretending to blend in with crazies

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

i bet they allow it ATS is muslim sympathetic they secretly hate americans themselves i think lol So cussing americans calling us fat and ignorant is good business for them lol

Um, have you ever considered getting help for your OCLOLD?
OCLOLD is a relatively new condition, believed to be brought on by excessive participation on internet message boards & in chat rooms, so you may not be aware of its existence yet.
FYI, its full medical name is Obsessive-Compulsive LOL Disorder.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join