It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who think the world is ending are mentaly ill.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
please pardon my oneliner but i cant help myself op invited whith the title of the thred. here it comes

YOUR MENTALITY ILL!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
It's always best to be committed to truth and reality at all cost, and that takes discipline.

The cynical view OTOH, isn't the least bit helpful, imho. What's needed are courageous people to take a stand, fist terms of themselves, and then relative to their fellow man, in whatever way however big or small, however fast, or slowly.

We all need each other, and I'm sick of watching people address one thing, while firing side arrows at the same time, as a jab against another, it's a very poor form of communication.

And the assumptions people make within the gap of communication, is also problematic.

I wish people would communicate straight, and recognize how intention is relatively obvious, at the level of activity.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
He he he he... I think we're all goonie goo goo about something! Sometimes your gooniee goo gooness helps me make sense of my gooniee goo goones.

I'm not much for the "Don't ask, don't tell, just do it because I said so. EVEN IF I"M WRONG!!!!"

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by PsychNurse

My mother was a PsychNurse as head of nursing at the Clark Institute for Psychiatry in Downtown Toronto on the night shift (can you imagine?) and she said that the nursing staff liked to joke that the only difference between them and patients was they they held the keys..

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

It's a change of perception. A day lasts 24h, but it may feel like 16. Actually, Schumann's resonance, the heartbeat of the Earth, is raising. It has kept the same frequency for millions of years, but for the last 10 years or so, it has risen to about 5hz higher.

Mayura, could you tell me more about the LHC experiment stating every thing has become unstable? Or was it always like that? Link?

EDIT: I've messed up the numbers! Here's a source: www.thecamino.com.ar...

Changes within the Earth are affecting your sleep patterns, relationships, the ability to regulate your immune system and your perception of time.

The resonance of Earth (Schumann Resonance) has been 7.8Hz for thousands of years. Since 1980 it has risen to over 12Hz. This means that 16 hours now equate to a 24 hour day. Time is speeding up!

edit on 23-12-2010 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2010 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I really have to disagree here. We all know that Earth as we know it has a time limit. Life is ticking away. One day either all life on earth will be gone or some type of rebirth of the planet will occur. Either the sun eventually blows up or w.e... The world can end tomorrow or 100 million years from now so thats why I believe that people become infatuated with predicting when it will happen. The dinosaurs world ended... why cant ours ?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by PsychNurse

My mother was a PsychNurse as head of nursing at the Clark Institute for Psychiatry in Downtown Toronto on the night shift (can you imagine?) and she said that the nursing staff liked to joke that the only difference between them and patients was they they held the keys..

I only meant that as a joke of course, playfully. Forgot to put a smiley or the appropriate emoticon at the end of that sratement, which could be read as an implied insult, which it by no means was.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I don't come here because of fear. And I'm not paranoid. I had an experience that showed me that nothing is what it seems. I saw through it all, all the lies. And the past ten years have showed me that I was completely right. And I'm definitely not afraid. I'm PISSED OFF.

You know, people throw ideas around, absurd ideas, like the reptilians, nazi UFOs, Nibiru, Pleiadians and the Little Green Men.. that is not what this is all about. This is about REALITY. The ULTIMATE reality, which has been covered in lies, and about the way these things are all connected and which will finally lead to complete understanding.

It could be that the world is coming to an end. It could happen any day. That's not important.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Plus it depends on how you define "world". One world IS coming to an end, and another one is coming to take it's place, the first needs to die, as all things which no longer work, die, and the other MUST be born, for the sake of life itself. There is some evidence of some of that understanding right here in this thread, in part. And what does that do to some people, to a part of themselves which lives in the lie - it probably freaks them right the heck OUT, and scares the living crap out of them, and to them I say, WAKE UP, and take a look around, and then take a good long hard look at yourself, and the degree to which you are either part of the new world, or of the dead bones of a dying civilization. Yes, now IS the time, the time is now. Life can't wait much longer, or perhaps something bad will happen, to DEAL with us. So some among us are trying as hard as we can to HELP move humanity in the right direction. You ought to be thanking us, not offering us your SCORN! Think about it.. look around, you'll see - or just go back to watching the football game, and forget about all this nonsense, and, while you're at it, let the great work of the ages pass you by, but when you come out, and see the rest of us all radiant and smiling - for the love of God, do NOT let your heart be hardened by that, do not make that terrible error, but alas I can see it happening already..

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Funny.....

Yesterday i got my diagnosis, i have (quite) some issues and went to a shrink, spent about 12 hours there for diagnostics only over the past few weeks and it turned out i have a narcistic borderline disorder.

All nice and stuff but what took me by surprise is (and this was in the actual report)

"Patient has some exreme world views and opinions about human origins and current political workings but these are not symptoms of paranoia or schizophrenia. Even though subjects touched appear irrational and of a paranoid nature, theyre the result of reading and study rather than making assumptions based on gut feeling"

Don't know if the translation is exact since it was in Dutch but my doctor told me there's a big difference in being paranoid and being aware. I myself was convinced this stuff would get me labaled as some weirdo but my doc actually kinda gave me the green light about it all lol

Next to that (and this is also what he said)

People in general are very fast nowadays with labeling someone "mentally-ill"
EVERYONE has some sort of mental disorder that makes sure you dont fit the perfect mental health standards.

Bite nails? thats an OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder)
Drink 1 beer per day? ur an alcoholic
More then an hour of internet/computer fun per day? ur addicted.

And also, demographics make a big difference in what's regarded normal and what not. (ie wether or not people regard you a nutjob for your opinions)
Nobody in India will EVER think ur crazy when you tell them aliens created us.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
All I know is there are lots of guns and ammunition in this world, weapons of mass destruction (nukes) that are not there just for decoration purposes. Even though some have been dismantled there are countries who are still creating and testing them, same for small arms but also tanks, jets, bombs etc.

As much as I would love to believe there will be a day when the last nuke is gone from this planet, weapons and ammo made illegal (barring tasers etc.) and smelted I believe it is more likely at least one country will nuke another.

Even if there will be no nucleair conflict, or a conventional war, the current western way of life will just not work out in the long run. The health care system will not work when people are allowed to live unhealthy (cigarettes, alcohol, wrong food), education systems seem to be inadequate (at least in my country). Not to mention corporate life where greed is prevalent.

Sure society can go on for several decades, but each new generation will learn more and more about how it is constructed, it only takes a few persons to rally the masses and we'll have ourselves a second Renaissance. How this would work out in the USA I don't know but guessing by the number of firearms and the US' history in solving conflicts I doubt it will go peacefully.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Hmm...some are completely nuts on here yes...actually a lot oO...and some are just skeptical and are capable of critical thought...nothing mentally ill about that...unless of course you go by today's cultural standards in which health is defined by how much you brag about your new iphone and the amount of facebook friends you have. I for one don't think the world is ending...I think humanity is killing itself...and we'll go extinct like every other species that ever lived on this planet and ever will live on this planet.
edit on 23-12-2010 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I'm sick of people attacking conspiracy theorists when organized religious believers which make up the majority of this planet's inhabitants get a pass on the crazy things they believe in just because they're part of much larger and more influential groups.

If conspiracy theorists are mentally ill then its equally so for anybody who believes in some type of spirituality. Worse because not only are they crazy, most people have no problem with it and consider it "normal."
edit on 23-12-2010 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

That maybe so but.......

What's happening in the world really scares the crap me at moment

You have the US still running to Wars
You have the Mid-East pushing for one more War
Then you have Kim Mantally-ILL in N.Korea rattling missles again, and possibly another War.
You have a US Banking system that is teitering on collapse again, because they are still doing the ol' money shell game.
The US has 15,000,000 Unemployed
There is the Fake Global Warming scam, pushing the price of every thing up, in the 'guise of "Save the Planet"
All the things that are essential to everyday life, Water, Power, Fuel have reached Insane levels of Percentage Increases over the past year.
There is Wikileaks, with the possiblity of Info on 911 that could create a Civil War

The future just doesn't seem that rosey from where I'm sitting.
The world has gone crazy, and it's also that time of the year when Nature takes it's revenge somewhere on the Planet. What country will it be this year.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

you know nothing about mental illness, i can see that from your posts. you are also very immature and ignorant on how it affects people.

i know for certain some people on this site have a disorder. but im not going to point and laugh at them. grow the hell up child.
edit on 23-12-2010 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I think you are the one who's mentally ill, because you are afraid of being mentally ill.

Don't question my logic!

-rrr

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The world we know ends every second of everyday, it becomes the past.
All the events become our history and our life experiences who make us who we are right now.
So in fact the world and us as individuals end every second and become new versions of ourselves.
So I must be mentally ill to realise that.
I must take my medication to become normal and continue to keep making the same mistakes over and over again, and the politicians and my 'peers' say that I'M mentally ill?.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Mentally ill and Paranoid you say? Pffffftt!

RealTruth adjusts his tinfoil hat and Tiger striped EMF protective G-string, then veers over into the security monitors.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

i am hear becasue i like the ancient alien forums and so many of the other stories are interesting . i don't tink i am afraid of any thing going on

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

You can go one of two ways with an issue like this. One, you can work on your own problems, or two, you can try to shoot down everyone else to make yourself feel better. I see you practicing none of the former, & spending much time and effort on the latter.

Tsk, tsk, shame on you, boy...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join