It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slavery Isn't Possible Without Government

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by mnemeth1

reply to post by Whereweheaded

I see you are defending a bigot and a mass murderer.

Good for you.

Back to school kiddo. You are way over your head here.

Either back up your statement, or back off it. Coming back with something like "I see you are defending a bigot and a mass murderer." is not backing yourself up.

It is quite clear you have no idea what caused the civil war, why Lincoln did what he did, and what the consequences would have been had he not.

read OP

Then read it again.

perhaps you ought to.

Lincoln went to war TO KEEP THE UNION TOGETHER. It had little to do with slavery. You speak of his killing 700,000 americans, but do you realize that had he not gone to war, THERE WOULD BE NO SUCH THING AS AN AMERICAN?

History.....its not just for entertainment.

Oh, so now you are also defending a mass murdering bigot?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

reply to post by captaintyinknots

If I kidnap you and force you to work at gun point for me, sure, that is a form of slavery.

However that is not institutionalized slavery.

If there was no government in the southern states to enforce slavery, the institution of slavery would have evaporated overnight.

The institution of slavery was only made possible through government enforcement.

Exactly. You are marginalizing the word to fit your argument. I have now proven, and you have OPENLY admitted, that slavery can happen without governments.
Based on your thread title, I will go ahead and announce::

End of thread.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Whereweheaded

I see you are defending a bigot and a mass murderer.

Good for you.

Back to school kiddo. You are way over your head here.

Either back up your statement, or back off it. Coming back with something like "I see you are defending a bigot and a mass murderer." is not backing yourself up.

It is quite clear you have no idea what caused the civil war, why Lincoln did what he did, and what the consequences would have been had he not.

read OP

Then read it again.

perhaps you ought to.

Lincoln went to war TO KEEP THE UNION TOGETHER. It had little to do with slavery. You speak of his killing 700,000 americans, but do you realize that had he not gone to war, THERE WOULD BE NO SUCH THING AS AN AMERICAN?

History.....its not just for entertainment.

Oh, so now you are also defending a mass murdering bigot?

learn your history, kiddo.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

YAAWWNN....oh were you attempting to conjure up something constructive? Oh I'm sorry...we all missed your attempt.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

If I kidnap you and force you to work at gun point for me, sure, that is a form of slavery.

If there was no government in the southern states to enforce slavery, the institution of slavery would have evaporated overnight.

The institution of slavery was only made possible through government enforcement.

Exactly. You are marginalizing the word to fit your argument. I have now proven, and you have OPENLY admitted, that slavery can happen without governments.

End of thread.

May Mao bless you and keep you.

May Stalin make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you.

May Lincoln lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

YAAWWNN....oh were you attempting to conjure up something constructive? Oh I'm sorry...we all missed your attempt.

I'm not attempting anything, other than to point out slavery is a product of government and that Lincoln was a mass murdering bigot.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

End of thread.

May Mao bless you and keep you.

May Stalin make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you.

May Lincoln lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.

Typical ad hom, empty responses that you expect from someone who has been bested.

Again, you admitted that the premise of your thread is wrong. So why are you still going?

As for the lincoln debate, well, cant have a debate with someone who doesnt understand the subject, so tell ya what: Go read a bit, listen to your teacher for a few, and try again.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

The premise of my thread is that slavery is only possible through government enforcement.

If there was no government, institutionalized slavery would not be possible since the slaves could simply run away and there would be no mechanism to capture them and return them to servitude.

The premise of my thread is also that stealing a mans labor by taking his money at gun point is the same as if you forced a man to work for you in a field by holding a gun to his head.

If you don't like my interpretation, try Prof. DiLorenzo on for size.

edit on 22-12-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

The premise of my thread is that slavery is only possible through government enforcement.

If there was no government, institutionalized slavery would not be possible since the slaves could simply run away and there would be no mechanism to capture them and return them to servitude.

The premise of my thread is also that stealing a mans labor by taking his money at gun point is the same as if you forced a man to work for you in a field by holding a gun to his head.

You are still doing it. You admitted that slavery was possible without government, which is the title of your thread. You then realized the fallacy in that, and changed your statement to 'institutionalized slavery'.

Again, though, even without a government, I can track a slave. Guns, security, employees, electronic monitoring....I have already pointed all of this out.

Ive never had the IRS point a gun at me.....

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Sorry, you and your professor are both wrong. nice try though.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

If there was no government, then slavery as an institution would not be possible.

You forget "slavery" started when the first caveman conked a woman over the head and dragged her home.

Heck there was a RECENT case of slavery here in the USA and I am not talking about immigrant field labor but well educated men brought over from India and literally enslaved by a corporation. (I can't find the article)

Sorry I just remembered. I talked to the guy who rescued one of the guys who escaped and the fellow who had escaped a few years ago when I did children's entertainment at a church. I do not think the story was ever in the news.
edit on 22-12-2010 by crimvelvet because: added source

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
For anyone keeping track of mnemeth1's record, he pulls out and zooms in at will, extracting tid-bits out of intricate situations, and in a totally black and white judgmental style makes sure to demonize any views which oppose his extremist & nonsensical beliefs.

Essentially, he is exactly what he claims to be against.

It's not the world's governments and institutions you hate, mnemeth1, it's yourself. Pretty sure most of us have figured out why. It's not your fault. You were likely born this way.
edit on 22-12-2010 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I hate mass murdering bigots and institutions that use violence to take the product of people's labor.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Lying is an act of violence, and dare I say a form of rape.

*hint* *hint*

Must I point out the variety of lies which you exhibit on a continuous basis?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Lying is an act of violence, and dare I say a form of rape.

*hint* *hint*

Must I point out the variety of lies which you exhibit on a continuous basis?

Lying is what government does when it tells you it will close prison camps, end the wars, and improve the economy.

The truth is me telling you that taxes are a form of slavery and that Lincoln was a mass murdering bigot.

Orwellianism is when you reject what I say and believe what government says.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Sorry, disagree. Even in a barbaric civilization slavery could exist without a so called government. The strong, would dominate the weak, take on a couple slave. They do what master says or die, simple. Then after awhile lets say the master takes on his two slaves as partners and tells them to get two slaves of their own. Its the pyramid effect, and comes down to the followers, and the leaders.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
There are always going to be slaves in a sense and for that, they deserve their own song.

Sorry I don't have anything constructive to say, figured the song was good for a chuckle.
edit on 23-12-2010 by SheSellsSeaShells because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
It was all a compromise.

He was kinda hopi'n we would pick it up from there........

But sum'dy killed him.

And WE never did.
edit on 23-12-2010 by chiponbothshoulders because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Reply to post by captaintyinknots

Ive never had the IRS point a gun at me.....

It has one pointed at you right now. Try refusing to pay up and see what happens.

We're all just share cropping shot here in America and every other mafia run country.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The only thing that is required for slavery to exist is an inequality of strength. Blaming governments for slavery is like blaming the school for bullies.

Oh, and BTW, if you DO blame the school for bullies, then you undermine your own anarchistic rhetoric.

~Heff

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join