It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ken Johnston (NASA Whistleblower) at the Smithsonian

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I HATE when NASa (Never a Straighr Answer) lies to us! We are THE PEOPLE , we pay the taxes (Government debt collection insurance) but yet we are lied to constantly by NASA since its very birth (inception , not the movie but the word)

I just really makes me angry (Vengeful purpose) when NASA lies to us about them knowing the truth about the greys, insectoids, reptellians and the other races . they KNOW the truth and yet they will never tell us , we must write our congressmen and demand they reveal teh truth about the alien agenda

_peace be upon all ye_

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

I may start another thread on my suspicions about some of the Apollo footage but I would have to be thorough and that will take time. In fact I can imagine it taking hours! It will have to wait for now as I have a lot on currently (I am not being evasive I promise).

Well, what did the guy you spoke to claim he thought he had in those posters? Could he remember? If he suggested you order them I assume he told you which images. Do you have the NASA numbers so somebody else could order the posters? I bet Armap would love to take a look...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

I may start another thread on my suspicions about some of the Apollo footage but I would have to be thorough and that will take time. In fact I can imagine it taking hours! It will have to wait for now as I have a lot on currently (I am not being evasive I promise).

Well, what did the guy you spoke to claim he thought he had in those posters? Could he remember? If he suggested you order them I assume he told you which images. Do you have the NASA numbers so somebody else could order the posters? I bet Armap would love to take a look...

We spoke at length for an hour and you are going to be disappointed at the final result. First, he was surprised that I was contacting him after 27 years after hardly speaking to each other for what may have been a minute or two. He couldn't believe I was calling him a week after he had found his stored photos which had suffered some water damage. We spoke about many things and other people and authors such as George Leonard and others. He agreed that they had failed to find real anomalies, possibly because they had not used large, poster-size photos such as the ones he acquired. I asked him how he found the anomalies in the first place to go the expense of buying the photos since I bought one and it cost me 30-some dollars. And at the seminar he had at least a dozen. I asked why hadn't published his findings and his answer go lost in the back and forth, interrupting each other to say something else.

He excused himself and came back on the phone and told me he had the photos in front of him. We compared whatever photo I could find in my NASA journals but I couldn't make out what he was talking about because, again, of my published photos size which were thumbnails compared to his large photos. Plus I didn't have the photo number he mentioned. So, once again, I'm at a loss to give details. He mentioned towers, round domes, etc., but to me not being able to look over his shoulder it was a waste.

Here are the photo numbers he gave me but even when I tried to find them on the Internet, the ones I was able to find didn't show didley squat. I also had a problem with NASA photo numbers because I thought that if a photo number starts with a V I thought it was a Lunar Orbiter Five photo but he said that V was a mission number. Flamsteed Crater looks like a face but I don't know if he saw anomalies in it. He mentioned Crater Philolaus but you can't seen anything on the photo. He said that in Copernicus Crater he saw 6 objects in 2 rows of 3 but he lost me since I couldn't share his enthusiasm. I have to stress that unless you have a large, poster-size photos, you are not going to see anything out of the ordinary. So don't be disappointed.

V-154-H1, 2, 3
III-200M, H1, 2, 3
Philoaus IV-152-H1
"Mickey Mouse" face V-190-H3
Smooth cone IV-109-H3

M means that it's an overall photo and H means that it's a closeup. In my LUNAR ORBITER PHOTOGRAPHIC ATLAS OF THE MOON, it shows an overall photo (M) and in the succeeding pages H1 means a closeup of the top part of the center area, H2 means the middle section, and H3 means the lower section.

I don't mean to belittle my great conversation with this person because if I visited Los Angeles and got together with him and saw the photos I'd leave ecstatic. But over the phone, I felt dissatisfied because as the old saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. So for anyone thinking that they're really going to see anything in small NASA photos of the lunar surface they're only kidding themselves. I've been through it. My notes are extensive but they'll have to remain stored as they've been since the early '80s.

But, hey, it was fun! Research is fun and I researched my buns off!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

I expect to see a before and after photo to prove the allegations

before - www.hq.nasa.gov...

after - www.lpi.usra.edu...

Cool! Somebody at USRA seems indeed to have 'cleaned up' the image. Since the original version has been published in UFO magazines since about, oh, 1974, I'm not getting the impression of any effective coverup here.

But alteration by somebody seems demonstrated here. Now what does it mean?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Now what does it mean?

it means ...

NASA hates UFOs so much they erased it from the image !

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

If you are interested i think you can find the full resolution raw images here:

www.lpi.usra.edu...

i.e. the III-200- H1, 2 and 3 should be here www.lpi.usra.edu...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Now, what does this have to do with the fantastic ravings of Ken Johnston? Does it make him a 'test pilot', or a 'PhD in physics'? Does it make him the director of Apollo photo archives, engaged in a purge of photographs? Those are the claims under investigation.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
reply to post by JimOberg

Now what does it mean?

it means ...

NASA hates UFOs so much they erased it from the image !

NASA did this? Where's your evidence for that?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

NASA did this? Where's your evidence for that?

before - www.hq.nasa.gov...

after - www.lpi.usra.edu...

The Lunar and Planetary Institute (LPI) is a scientific research institute dedicated to study of the solar system, its formation, evolution, and current state. The Institute is part of the Universities Space Research Association[1] (USRA) and is supported by the Science Mission Directorate of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration[2] (NASA)

en.wikipedia.org...

guilty as charged by association

edit on 12-1-2011 by easynow because: added quote

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Now, what does this have to do with the fantastic ravings of Ken Johnston? Does it make him a 'test pilot', or a 'PhD in physics'? Does it make him the director of Apollo photo archives, engaged in a purge of photographs? Those are the claims under investigation.

Not a lot. He was not the best witness and the thread digressed. I cited some interesting witnesses regarding possible NASA cover ups here and gave a measured response to your criticisms here. I also also requested more info on the FOIA request about Ken Johnson. You promised to reply here.

NOTE TO MODS: Sorry to use this many quotes but there are so many points to respond to I don't see any other way to be clear about what is being said.

Thanks for the clear and calm responses. Very helpful in identifying areas of agreement or at least parallel work. Please give me a few days devoted to personal matters.

Jim

I don't mind if you don't want to get bogged down in a debate about multiple witnesses to NASA's alleged 'image filtering' as you will probably just demand I produce some unprocessed images. If they do exist, then they are not in the public domain. It is therefore obviously impossible for me to show them to the world. As The Shrike said somewhere above, 'you'd never get near them.' If there is a cover up then he is right...

However, access to what you have on Ken via a FOIA request would go a long way to putting his testimony to bed. If everybody else has seen it, where is it?
edit on 12/1/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MelFunktion

If you are interested i think you can find the full resolution raw images here:

www.lpi.usra.edu...

i.e. the III-200- H1, 2 and 3 should be here www.lpi.usra.edu...

Thanks for the link, I appreciate it. I've visited that website a million times but this last time it didn't recognize V-V 154-H1 but I found the photo sequence and the number that NASA uses on the webpage was foreign to me as that photo was always known as V-154-H1. When one looks at the 3 separate sections of Tycho one can see why anomalist hunters drool over what can be considered alien and not natural. But the resolution, as good as it is, is not enough to make a definite call. And Kaguya's "flight" over Tycho shows a different terrain.

edit on 13-1-2011 by The Shrike because: Correct spelling error.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

It's sort of my fault that the thread got derailed but I was simply answering requests for info on a more interesting subject than Ken Johnston's ramblings. Besides, I just did a search and Ken Johnston has been discussed in the following threads and others I didn't bother with so you could say that even though the replies here haven't covered his Smithsonian appearance and comments as much as you'd like, he's not a factor in the members' minds as much as alleged lunar anomalies/structures/etc. Your comments are part of the threads, below (not all but I saw your name)

Zorgon supplied some links at this thread (John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS) that ran to 271 pages!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

NASA Scientist Fired - Promises Disclosure - 58 pages

And this thread from 2005
Caution: They know much more!!,

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

reply to post by MelFunktion

Originally posted by The Shrike
(snip)
When one looks at the 3 separate sections of Tycho one can see why anomalist hunters drool over what can be considered alien and not natural.

There are lots of interesting features including the conical ones that look as though they might be worth another look. Nothing definite though.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

reply to post by MelFunktion

Originally posted by The Shrike
(snip)
When one looks at the 3 separate sections of Tycho one can see why anomalist hunters drool over what can be considered alien and not natural.

There are lots of interesting features including the conical ones that look as though they might be worth another look. Nothing definite though.

As Jim pointed out we're getting away from the thread title. Since I have nothing to contribute re: Ken Johnston, I'm not going to continue with off-topics. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Ken Johnston at The Smithsonian. Former NASA employee and Apollo Mission team member Dr. Ken Johnston tells us his story of NASA fakery and image manipulation during the famed Apollo missions to the Moon. He then takes us on a whirl wind tour of the Apollo exhibit at the Smithsonian Museum is Washington DC. This is a once is a one in a lifetime interview with a top whistleblower from inside NASA! Don't miss it!

NASA Scientist Fired - Promises Disclosure

Ken Johnston is scheduled to speak at a huge UFO conference which will be held in April in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
He will speak at the WAKE UP NOW! Conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico which will be held on April 29, 30 and May 1:
noriohayakawa2012.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fastriver

Ken Johnston is scheduled to speak at a huge UFO conference which will be held in April in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
He will speak at the WAKE UP NOW! Conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico which will be held on April 29, 30 and May 1:

Thanks, this is new information, perhaps somebody can ask him there.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fastriver

Thanks, this is new information, perhaps somebody can ask him there.

In the above 2 videos, Ken sounds so polished. Making himself sound as if he was a major factor in the space program and that it was successful only because he was "in control". So I'm wondering how much or how long he practiced in front of a mirror to make himself sound so glib. I can see him being very effective on gullible minds which populate this and other similar forums.

Here's a fantasy: you attend the "Conference", set up an on-stage panel including Johnston (without him knowing the purpose of course) and when your chance comes to discuss whatever topic the interview was set up to be you open up on Johnston with a set of nicely prepared questions based on what you've found out about him re: his claims as heard on the videos plus other assorted material. C'mon, Jim, you can do it.

OFF TOPIC: I just received my copy of "UFOs and Outer Space Mysteries", my 2nd copy with my 1st being back in the '80s.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

In this case, it's a wild goose chase. Ken Johnston's name is not Kenneth. The name he used
on his military records was Ralph Kennedy Johnston.

Are you serious? When debunking doesn't get you as far as you'd like you.... just change the facts? Now Ken Johnston's name is Ralph? Where's your proof? And if you present your proof, how do we know it's the same person?

I don't know what to believe so I am going on my hunches and it seems you are a debunker for any unconventional claims towards NASA, space, our planets, Moon and Sun.

You posted a comment on an article claiming Ken was nothing more than a shipping clerk!

You're also eluding that Ken went to flight school but flunked out? Didn't seem to stop an Arab or two flying jumbo jets into their targets the morning of 9-11-01!

So c'mon Jim. Your MO is so obvious. You're out doing damage control for NASA.

And just because a claim is HUGE (like this one regarding airbrushing photos) doesn't mean they are lies. But it certainly makes your mission a lot easier. Just put out a grain of doubt and make the story disappear.

All these people can't be lying Jim. For what reason? Why? To look ridiculous? To possibly put their lives in danger?? To have people like you,discredit their reputation? What the hell do they have to gain?

Listen, if it were one or maybe even two people saying something this off-the-wall, I might have a different opinion. But to have employees being backed up by astronauts to be backed up by computer geeks I mean......it doesn't get too much clearer than this!

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Let me hear you say one thing negative about NASA. Surely they've done something unscrupulous in their 50+ year history so......let's see how 'real' and you are when it comes to NASA.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Let me hear you say one thing negative about NASA. Surely they've done something unscrupulous in their 50+ year history so......let's see how 'real' and you are when it comes to NASA.

You must not even have dipped your toe in my home page if you are really so ignorant of my criticisms of NASA.

Start with this
www.nasa.gov...

where I had the honor of being the only journalist ever to be denounced by name in a NASA press release.

MORE:

www.jamesoberg.com...
including my 1997 and 1998 whistle-blowing to Congress over lax safety at NASA

Phony NASA excuse to dodge FOIA request:
www.thespacereview.com...

edit on 12-10-2011 by JimOberg because: add links

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

You must not even have dipped your toe in my home page if you are really so ignorant of my criticisms of NASA.

Start with this
www.nasa.gov...

where I had the honor of being the only journalist ever to be denounced by name in a NASA press release.

MORE:

www.jamesoberg.com...
including my 1997 and 1998 whistle-blowing to Congress over lax safety at NASA

Phony NASA excuse to dodge FOIA request:
www.thespacereview.com...

edit on 12-10-2011 by JimOberg because: add links

I am going to try to not make this sound like a personal swipe but....whatever information you may be feeling that you are bringing to light....or whatever annoyance you feel that you are causing anyone at NASA or any other agency as far as your questions.....it is akin to trying to touch an ancient bug encased in 100 Million year old amber.

If you ever became a REAL issue for the Agency....you would not be posting anymore. Split Infinity

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join