It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Orb or Sun Dog?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hi folks- would love to get y'alls feedback on these pictures I took while on assignment at Paradise Springs Winery, in Clifton, VA. I took these pictures back to back, from the exact same spot. The orb is possibly a sun dog, however, I'm not convinced it is due to a couple of factors- one, I took many shots into the sun and had no similar orbs show up, and two, the object seemed to move down in between the two pictures. I apologize that I cannot embed the images, as they are too large to upload to ATS, so here are the links to my Panoramio page:www.panoramio.com... and www.panoramio.com... .

I know that the owners Great Aunt lived and died on the property, so maybe she's still hanging around.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoosyourdaddyo

Um I bet you didn't see it with naked eye did you?

To me it seems like a reflection. If you watch those pictures juxtaposed, it is quite obvious that the position of the photographer or the angle/direction of the camera (proposing latter, because you said you took it from exactly same spot).

A reflection. Because I haven't ever seen a "spirit orb" so I don't know if they exist
Even if they do (while they most likely don't), that one is a reflection

-v
edit on 22-12-2010 by v01i0 because: 2345

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Definitely looks a reflection my man... Nothing seems to be paranormal about it at all..
Sorry.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Probably a lens flare, I'd say. But ya never know...

Lens flare is the light scattered in lens systems through generally unwanted image formation mechanisms, such as internal reflection and scattering from material inhomogeneities in the lens. These mechanisms differ from the intended image formation mechanism that depends on refraction of the image rays. Flare manifests itself...as visible artifacts.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/42786b112f35.png[/atsimg]
lens flare

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
no reflection, tis the lens flare anomaly plainly due to the angle of objective lens to full sun during that picture session. i spotted it right away!!

edit on 22-12-2010 by GBP/JPY because: They call me "Nikon Anderson"

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Are you saying that lens flare isn't a reflection of light? It is.

-v

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

v01i0 nailed it. The orb moves with the camera in exactly the same position in the picture. Tried to give him a star, but it wouldn't let me.

top topics

join