It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jury recommends death for dad, son in bank bombing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Jury recommends death for dad, son in bank bombing

news.yahoo.com

SALEM, Ore. – A jury Wednesday recommended that a father and his son be sentenced to death for planting a bomb that exploded inside an Oregon bank two years ago, killing two police officers and maiming a third.

In a trial that spanned three months, prosecutors portrayed Bruce and Joshua Turnidge as bigoted men who hated authorities, were desperate for money and feared that newly elected President Barack Obama would take away their guns.

Both defendants stood with their lawyers and stared straight forward, showing no emotion as Marion County Circuit Judge Tom Hart read the jury's decis
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Wow. I don't know the last time a father and son were sentenced to death, but a jury in Oregon seems to think this is an appropriate recommendation.

This duo, in my opinion, deserves a death sentence. They don't have any remorse for their actions and have planned the deaths of many people they don't "like", including Bill Clinton.

I know the jury may be biasing because the victims were police officers and, as always, there will be appeals upon appeals for many years to come. Taking away the factor that the victims of these two were police officers, there still remains the fact that their victims were still human beings.

Maybe I'm being biased because I support for the death penalty. I don't care if a destitute is murdered by a gang of illiterate youths, I'll still support that they are given the death sentence. Illiteracy and youth is no excuse.

It doesn't matter what status a person is in society. What matters is that their life was taken and there needs to be justice for their deaths. I can't and will never understand why anti-death penalty supporters seem to think that murderers deserve to live even thought they'll live the rest of their lives in prison (paid for tax payers).

I just had to post this because of the fact a father and son were both handed a death sentence for the same crime.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22/12/10 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntelearthlingI just had to post this because of the fact a father and son were both handed a death sentence for the same crime.

I don't get it? Did you expect a different outcome, like one get life and one die.. er something?

Please explain.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntelearthlingI just had to post this because of the fact a father and son were both handed a death sentence for the same crime.

I don't get it? Did you expect a different outcome, like one get life and one die.. er something?

Please explain.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Please explain.

lol i agree with both ya posts lol
i dont get what he thought would happen lol
coffee a cupcake and a handshake? idk

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
question,

what dose it matter if the person's is a officer or not?
a person is a person

get over yourself =
edit on 22-12-2010 by JayXBraun because: ranting!!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

To tell you the truth? Yes I would've thought that they would've recieved different sentences.

In many cases where there are more than one defendant on a murder charge, it's usually the "ring leader" who ends up with a death penalty and the others ending up with life sentences.

This case is unique in the fact that both father and son recieved a death penalty recommendation, especially in todays society where you have bleeding hearts crying about "he wasn't given a fair chance at life" or "giving a death sentence won't bring back the victims" sort of BS.

I just found it surprising that a jury would give the son the same sentence as the father when father is the one who had a major influence in his sons life.

OK?

reply to post by TheAmused

@ U dude!

If you'd read my post closely, you would've found that I said the decision of the jury may have been biased because the victims were police officers. I went on to say that taking away the fact they were police officers, the death penalty shouldv'e been given regardless of the social status of the victim.

I mean really, get over yourself.
Good grief!

edit on 22/12/10 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I dont know if these men are heroes of the revolution or simply homicidal paranoids, or if there is a difference....
Jeebus, somebody is gonna get their back up and try to carry the fight to the enemy sooner or later....
WTF do you think a revolution is gonna be handed over to you already complete because you whined for it on the net?
Maybe these guys thought they were initiating the wished for backlash against a totalitarian coupe de etat,
that now has the US goverment heavily under its influence, and about to sign away all rights and freedoms for a mess of potage.
I dont know these men, and i refuse to condemn their actions just because a few police died.
There are far more police killings of civillians every year.....
As regards the sentence,id have to say the father is the maker of the sons attitudes to a large extent...perhaps he is worthy of a life sentence, having little choice in the propaganda fed to him for his lifetime.
The main point being here is if you want a revolution people gonna die..........

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I've lost all faith in humanity.

Kudos, chum.

new topics

top topics

join