Black Triangles: rare NIDS report 2004

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Black Triangles? Where do we start looking or even 'when' did they start appearing?

The subject's been covered many times on ATS and I don't want to offer a simple re-hash of what we already know or can find in the threads. My opinion on Black Triangles, boomerangs or 'big black deltas' is simply undecided. There are so many rational explanations that a part of all of them makes sense on some level. Likewise, elements of the Hudson Valley sightings escape rational explanations.It might seem that sitting on the fence is no way to write an OP, but that's the only place I can sit on this one...the view's better too.

Image from the Belgian Wave of 1989/90

Although there are rumours and anecdotal evidence that the BTs have been seen since the late 40s, their heyday has really been the 80s and 90s. In this period, sightings have been reported in the North west of England, Belgium and across the USA. As most of you know, these huge objects are described as passing slowly over major highways (motorways in the UK) and having a large, bright white light in each corner and a red light in centre. The red light is sometimes described as being almost physical in its appearance.

Not as many members will be aware of the National Institute for Discovery Science (NIDS). These guys were scientists (including Edgar Mitchell) gathered together by the aerospace entrepreneur and multi-millionaire, Robert Bigelow.. In a sense, they were like the Scooby Doo gang and came with a variety of skills and disciplines. They were tasked with investigating UFOs and any paranormal cases that warranted their investigations. They were disbanded by 2007, but left behind some interesting papers on cattle mutilations, black triangles and, most famously, the intriguing 'Skinwalker Ranch.' There wasn't a lot of interest from the world of UFO researchers, but Jacques Vallee remains a supporter and was at one time an associate.

Their original paper on BTs (Comparison of Unidentified Triangular or Deltoid Aircraft Location Patterns in Three Independent UFO Databases: NIDS, MUFON and Larry Hatch) concluded they were more than likely military black projects and noted that the reported flight paths ran from one AFB to another. They released another study in 2004 that was less conclusive. The report has apparently vanished from the Internet apart for Jerry Cohen's excellent 'CohenUFO' website. I've recreated the report in pdf form and uploaded it to here...NIDS: Black Triangles Report 2004

The trend of open deployment as described in this report is not consistent with secret operation of an advanced DoD aircraft. For example, crude examination of the (anecdotally derived) patterns of deployment of previously developed DoD stealth aircraft programs, including the F-117 and the B-2 aircraft, show that the pattern of deployment of unacknowledged F-117 and B-2 aircraft, prior to their acknowledgement by DoD, is different from the patterns for the Flying Triangles. Prior to acknowledgement of the F-117 and B-2 aircraft, only rare night time sightings occurred in the sparsely populated sections of Nevada, California and a few other states (see F-117 and B-2 in 12).

Flying at low altitude over populated areas was rarely reported for the F-117 or B-2. In contrast, the Flying Triangle deployment, especially during the 1990s, appears more consistent with the open and public operation of these aircraft. In some cases (for example see the above description of the Port Washington Triangle), the deployment may be more consistent with an attempt to display or to be noticed. There appears to be little or no attempt to hide.
Source as above

The report was hard to find, but is worth reading and the reason for sharing it. I hope some of you make sure and download a copy because they've disappeared from the internet. There are questions about Bob Bigelow and the NIDS team; some people have strong opinions about the whole subject. Despite that, the report makes food for thought on several levels.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Star and flag for an interesting post. Thank you.

I myself, tend to believe that these crafts are from the United States government. I believe they reversed engineered tech gained from other sources. Then again, these things could be E.T.

Anyways, thanks again for the thread.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Nice thread. I have always like the black triangles, never seen one

I can't get the "4shared" links to work. It is asking me to sign up and download other items which I will not do. Is there another way to download these items?

I liked the one link you provided that showed the locations of bases and the sightings. The more I read about them the more I think they are ours...still cool and I wouldn't mind a ride

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Thanks to you too.

I'm not so sure.

Then again, my avatar is telling me that I'm not on ATS and left a quarter hour ago.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Hiya.

Hmmm?! I dunno why. Another member downloaded the 'Hitler and Antarctica' file without a problem. It should be free to download if you push the blue 'Download Now' button.

If not, it's on Jerry Cohen's site...here.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Just thought I would add this video.

It's a favorite as well as the picture you posted

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

I'm under the same impression. These are back engineered craft. Obvious really, in a symbolic way. It's the whole eye in the pyramid thing. As such, I was a mix of disconcerted and excited that one flew right over my head last week, enough to study it's belly at least-looked very much like the pic. Their behavior, indeed the behavior of any ufo is understood from the perspective of Tesla's Flying Machines. But that doesn't mean they didn't originate with ET tech.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
NASA needs to be building some of these for continued human space flight use. Especially now that NASA is loosing workers to unemployment.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I only wonder are the black triangle UFOs opposed to the cigar shaped UFOs.
There were some data from Russia that the cigar shaped UFOs are tracking
every flight out of the ordinary airway passages.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
What im curious about, is that the UFO seen in Phoenix Arizona was said to be boomerang shaped and not Triangular. Is there a difference I wonder? Some of these things are as big as 1-2 miles long. That is enormous.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Considreing the recent triangle craft over Tucson Arizona they are at least
related somehow IMO. More important though is the increasing number
of UFOs and UFO sightings showing that maybe the lines are crossing
in the nearest future.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Hiya.

Hmmm?! I dunno why. Another member downloaded the 'Hitler and Antarctica' file without a problem. It should be free to download if you push the blue 'Download Now' button.

If not, it's on Jerry Cohen's site...here.

Well I am not in the US right now so maybe I can't access it from here.

I will try the other link. I would love to get the "Hilter and Antarctica" file!

Thanks

Personally I think the triangular craft is ours and I also think most UFOs are ours as well. It always seemed weird how they style fit with the time period. If aliens were so advanced they wouldn't look like things here, well that is my opinion. I do believe in aliens and et life visiting earth but I think the majority of what people see is our own stuff.....I just want a ride

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Well I am not in the US right now so maybe I can't access it from here. I will try the other link. I would love to get the "Hilter and Antarctica" file! Thanks

Personally I think the triangular craft is ours and I also think most UFOs are ours as well. It always seemed weird how they style fit with the time period. If aliens were so advanced they wouldn't look like things here, well that is my opinion. I do believe in aliens and et life visiting earth but I think the majority of what people see is our own stuff.....I just want a ride

I don't why it doesn't work. I'm in the UK and 4Shared is a .com without streaming media so it should work.

The report is a good read, but I've got a lot of big questions about NIDS and their non-disclosure contracts. If u u2u me, I can email them both.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Who's to say that Aliens, in an effort to keep from being studied, aren't purposefully creating crafts that would be seen in this manner? If the crafts look ring-dingey or "of the time," it makes others doubt that they're real.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReaverTheBeliever

Who's to say that Aliens, in an effort to keep from being studied, aren't purposefully creating crafts that would be seen in this manner? If the crafts look ring-dingey or "of the time," it makes others doubt that they're real.

I am more likely to believe in Hollow Earth than ETs downgrading so they can " blend in."

The govt/military is more advanced that they let on and they do test these things.There is so much out there you can read on about this. I am always reading this kind of stuff esp with the triangles
They are my favorite.

I mean when someone sees a huge craft they will automatically 9/10 times think "OMG ALIEN!" only a small percent will say it's some secret craft being tested.

I personally think that the govts/military have some technology they are testing out and have been testing out. Now who and where it came from no idea. It could be aliens it could be some of the genius' from Earth, I like to think Tesla was one of those.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

There are both. The famous Phoenix Lights UFO's were boomerang and, I guess rather large (don't know about that big though.) The triangle one I saw was maybe twice as big as an airplane. Not much bigger than that.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Belgium Triangle Sighting

Deputy Chief of Staff of the Belgian Air Force Willem De Brouwer

Coalition of Freedom of Information Press Club 2007

Sketches of the Belgium Sightings

Hudson Valley Boomerangs and Triangles

They seemed to be connected by some type of structure. The thing was a boomerang or V shape. I could hear a faint, deep hum. It sounded like a factory with a lot of machines operating in the distance. The lights were so bright I could see the ground all around me

At first I thought it was a helicopter scanning the ground with a searchlight. It was projecting a beam of white light onto the ground. I knew it wasn't a helicopter then because it was just ahead of me and wasn't making any noise. It was shaped like a boomerang with lights running up and down its wings. Part of what seemed to be a long, triangular tail section loomed behind the boomerang pattern of lights. It was so huge it filled the entire sky.

Red and blue lights were reflecting off the ice. There were a few amber lights in between and the one in the middle was a big amber light. Three or four minutes later, the object started to move away, I thought "Please don't go, I want to look some more." The object then stopped, turned and moved slowly toward me. My daughter started screaming, "It's gonna take us!"......The heavy metal part and the criss cross effects, the diamond shape work, with tubular things here and there...
Night Siege by J Allen Hynek and Philip Imbrogno

Alleged footage of the Hudson Valley 'boomerang' 1984

edit on 25-12-2010 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Star and flag for an interesting post. Thank you.

I myself, tend to believe that these crafts are from the United States government. I believe they reversed engineered tech gained from other sources. Then again, these things could be E.T.

Anyways, thanks again for the thread.

Have often thought about the way computers have developed, especially games. When I was a kid I'd play on an amstrad with a green screen and blocky graphics, 25 or so years later we have high-end pc's and PS3's, etc. So when you look at the disc craft the US military were working on like the Avrocar (link here : en.wikipedia.org...) in the late 50's, then imagine what they could have now if they advanced that over 50 years, it's not hard to imagine craft like the black triangles.

new topics
top topics

join